Team-BHP - Good installer in Bangalore for Wagon R Duo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Good installer in Bangalore for Wagon R Duo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/46478-good-installer-bangalore-wagon-r-duo.html)

I am looking to install a music system in my Wagon R Duo 2007 model. Can you suggest a good installer cum dealer?
I am looking at a HU (CD / USB / BT), 2 x Tweeters, 2 x front speakers, 2 x rear speakers. I want to mount the rear speakers in the roof. I am also looking at steering controls. My budget is Rs.15K to 20K.
I need suggestions on installer / dealer as well as equipment.
Thanx.

Auto Fusion in Koramangala 6th Block and EVO in Cambridge layout are possibly the best in Bangalore.

There are lot of threads on ICE shops in Bangalore.
check https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-g...bangalore.html

Dear Gurus,
Let me start with the HU.
Looks wise I saw the Sony 470S which I liked and some Pioneer stuff, which I did not like. The Pioneer had the USB coming out of the back like a pigtail that I did not like. But I would like to have BT also and hence did not decide on the Sony 470S. Can you suggest a HU model with front USB and BT at around Rs.10K?
Tweeters: I have not seen any to decide.
Front Speakers: Have seen the Sony KS GTF 1025B and JBL CS2104. I thought the Sony has better specs. Advice pls?
Rear Speakers: I want to mount it on the roof, as far back as possible and hence am looking at 6" Circular (not a 9x6). The box will be a 8" square, which does not seem to be available off the shelf. The installation will have to be on the roof frame and I need to avoid heavy damage to the roof upholstery. Also the box needs to have beige colour cloth but what was available was black. The models I saw were Sony XS-GTF-1625B and JBL GT5-502.
I need to set it up and listen to the entire set up before deciding. I also want steering control.
I would be grateful for some VFM advise on the setup.
Regards,
Ravi.

hey ravi,

even i am looking towards ICEing my wagonr.
as u might have find out while going thru TBHP site, wagonr doesnt provide the best of stock locations. thats where u need to find out good installers.

check out below installs done at bnglore:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ll-wagonr.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...y-wagon-r.html

Let me know whatever u finalise. have been planning for this for the last 6 months lol:

Dear Chetans,
Thanx for the response.
I like the set up done by Bluravens. It is similar to what I have in mind and I am going to talk to Satya soon.
I think the rear speakers can go a little back on the roof where it will not affect the rear passengers. But I need to talk to Blueraven to see how it can be done.
Once again thanx for giving the link. Will keep you posted on the progress.
Ravi.

hi ravi,

somewhere in those threads, (maybe satya or someone else) did talk about mounting the speakers on roof.

Dear Chetans,
Yes, I saw the installation on the roof. The photo was by Satya of Blueravens and I liked that set up. I am going to talk to him and find out how it can be done and what it will cost. Will keep you posted.

Dear Gurus,
This group appears to be of the opinion that Sony HU are not very good. Is this correct?
I was planning the Sony 470 S but was looking for a HU with BT and received a suggestion to look at the Sony MEX BT 3600 U. Since there is an opinion that Sony is prone to give trouble after a year or so, can you suggest an equivalent JVC or Pioneer HUthat will fit my requirement of USB and BT and steering control?
Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalravi (Post 997662)
can you suggest an equivalent JVC or Pioneer HUthat will fit my requirement of USB and BT and steering control?
Ravi.

Since you are looking for a steering control to add on I would suggest a Pio over the JVC. I have been using JVC on my Santro and Kenwood on my Verna. Atleast in Hyderabad, the Pio accessories are much more easily available than for the JVC or the Kenwood. Anyhow check with your installer, in Bangalore may be a different scenario altogether.

Yes, I have not had pleasant experiences with Sony at all, atleast in the ICE part of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalravi (Post 997662)
Dear Gurus,
This group appears to be of the opinion that Sony HU are not very good. Is this correct?
I was planning the Sony 470 S but was looking for a HU with BT and received a suggestion to look at the Sony MEX BT 3600 U. Since there is an opinion that Sony is prone to give trouble after a year or so, can you suggest an equivalent JVC or Pioneer HUthat will fit my requirement of USB and BT and steering control?
Ravi.

You have DEH-P7050BT; Pioneer has not officially launched in India, but available in grey. It has both BT and USB. I recently got one from Autofusion.

Please try the steering remote before buying. I was in two minds about it; Thouqueer was helpful in letting me try it for a day before buying; but it was not working properly for me. The remote has its transmitter below and its working is dependent on the position of steering and HU as well the angle of both. The mounting position on the steering will also be limited by the spokes. There was no comfortable position where it was working. (best is 9’O clock, but because of spokes you will have to try 10’O clock or 7-8’0 clock etc.)

Disclaimer: your question was addressed to Gurus. I am NOT one. I am only writing my experience.

ravis budget is around 15k.

going thru the forums, have read the cos of such HUs are 12K. so not sure how he can manage this in his targeted budget.
Also googled for DEH-P7050BT and found that its cost around14k.
however i am not sure about the actual cost of 7050BT in bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetans (Post 998171)
ravis budget is around 15k.

going thru the forums, have read the cos of such HUs are 12K. so not sure how he can manage this in his targeted budget.
Also googled for DEH-P7050BT and found that its cost around14k.
however i am not sure about the actual cost of 7050BT in bangalore.

You can get DEH-P7050BT for 11-12K (grey).

If you want to fit everything inluding speakers and installs in 15K, then you will have to settle for Sony HU. There you get HU all the features in 8-9K range. As said earlier, I am not a Guru here, but I also understood that Sony does not have a good opinion on t-bhp - as told to me "It is for people who want "some sound!!" When I asked about this to a Sony salesperson, he smiled and said "ours is not premium product, but a decent one with all features and is the gives most VFM". After some thought I settled for Pio. My previous experinence is with Balu and Kenwood and I have no experience with Sony HU.

@path_finder,
was also following up the thread on 2din:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...50ub-2din.html
also was looking up at pioneer site for more information on 7050Bt. but couldnt find the model there. surely i am not looking at the correct country wise URL.

was able to get comparison of 8000BT and 7000BT.
here is the link for that:
Pioneer USA - Pioneer
the differences are wrt face plate, lines of display and equaliser settings .
Could anyone let me know the prices of these models in bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetans (Post 999888)
@path_finder,
was also following up the thread on 2din:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...50ub-2din.html
also was looking up at pioneer site for more information on 7050Bt. but couldnt find the model there. surely i am not looking at the correct country wise URL.

was able to get comparison of 8000BT and 7000BT.
here is the link for that:
Pioneer USA - Pioneer
the differences are wrt face plate, lines of display and equaliser settings .
Could anyone let me know the prices of these models in bangalore?

As i mentioned earlier 7050BT is not officially available in India, so you do not get with B&W, but is easily available in grey - for details you can check in any of South Asian websites or Australia site (CD - DVD Players - Car Entertainment - Products - Pioneer Australia)

Are you looking for 2DIN? - 7050BT is single DIN.