Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2005, 13:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

BTW anyone knows if MTX is available in Mumbai. I am looking for their Thunderforms.
Navin,

I know someone in banglore who does MTX if your interested I'll PM you the details.

Regards,
Satyam
Old 31st March 2005, 23:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

sure ask him if he hs the thunder forms for the jetta (and if they will fit on a skoda).
Old 31st March 2005, 23:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey what exactly are thunderforms would realy like to know.please throw some light on it
Old 31st March 2005, 23:49   #19
BHPian

Revtech you want pure base in your lancer your four options are Audiobahn,Kicker,Sound Stream & JBL best suited in ported boxes if your on a budget BASS.COM at lokhandwala could help you out hes done some really good works
Old 1st April 2005, 10:09   #20
Team-BHP Support

every car has spaces that are too small to be used as a traditioal subwoofer box. making a box out of wood is quite diffcult. MTX has mapped these spaces (usually in the trunk but sometimes used the rear seat) and has created fiberglass boxes (fiberglass is you must know has better strength to weight and rigidity to thickness ratios than wood) that allow better utillization of these spaces. more can be found out via google. for example...
http://images.cardomain.net/products...TTA10T45_1.jpg

From MTX's website....
"Every car or truck has wasted space. You know, the places behind or beneath the seats, where loose change and french fries hide. Those spaces are cryin' for bass. MTX Audio responds with ThunderForm vehicle-specific subwoofer enclosures."

Last edited by navin : 1st April 2005 at 10:15.
Old 1st April 2005, 20:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

just talked to gandhi at bharat radio (worli) and he said that the thunderforms are not that good. however he one he heard had a blau woofer not MTX. wonder how much infinity's basslink T will cost locally.
Old 1st April 2005, 21:59   #22
BHPian

c'mon mate. mtx thunderforms are beasts, provided they get a well built enclosure.
Old 1st April 2005, 22:11   #23
Team-BHP Support

bharat

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
just talked to gandhi at bharat radio (worli) and he said that the thunderforms are not that good. however he one he heard had a blau woofer not MTX. wonder how much infinity's basslink T will cost locally.
lol.. don't listen to that jerk at Bharat Radio.. he has no other interest than wanting to fleece you any chance he gets.. he has lower than average knowledge about automobile electronics..

i've had bad experiences with Bharat and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone..

ad
Old 2nd April 2005, 09:46   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Totally with you Aah78. Bharat Auto at worli is a scoundrel. Over-charging, replacement of parts (without your knowledge) and below-par after sales support is what he is famous for in our circle.

GTO
Old 2nd April 2005, 12:14   #25
Team-BHP Support

that's odd he came across as a nice guy. he lets me listen to various subs and amps before i plonk money down.

gamerno1, so you have heard MTX thunderforms? where? BTW i thought the thunderforms were subs with enclosures.

aah87, i see you reside in NYC as well as mumbai. NYC is my home town. whereabouts are you in NYC. I was raised in Brooklyn Heights. I had a great view across the east river - downtown skyline, the bridge, and lady Liberty on a good day. 9-11 scared me too much to go back.

Last edited by navin : 2nd April 2005 at 12:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks