Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 19:34   #31
BANNED

i think you should change the position of your IR. AFAIK it receives singal from that round part. so that should be facing to wards to to receive better singnal. if you are using GIRDER then check if its receiving singnals, on the bottom right on the girder screen you will find a small remote which turns into red color on receving the signal.
if its receiving then your hardware is OK, then you need to check on your software thing on centrafuse.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:16   #32
BHPian

Patrao how you managed to get a factory like finish for the usb sockets?
Old 11th October 2008, 00:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Looks like everyone's going in for Car Pc these days.
Congrats on the install.
Looks pretty good.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:40   #34
BHPian

thanks will change the position to a better angle, the problem is either with winlrc,pc's serial port or the IR rec itself.
I had set my pc to hibernation instead of shutting down. That caused the problem once but then after i re-installed the com port in windows it was started to work fine, so i disabled hibernation to prevent com port problems.But after a day the IR stopped again, tried to re-install the com port again but it din work. dont have much free time with me at present so cant actually R&D on it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
i think you should change the position of your IR. AFAIK it receives singal from that round part. so that should be facing to wards to to receive better singnal. if you are using GIRDER then check if its receiving singnals, on the bottom right on the girder screen you will find a small remote which turns into red color on receving the signal.
if its receiving then your hardware is OK, then you need to check on your software thing on centrafuse.
4 things:
1) Blow torch
2) Blade
3) Sander
4) Carefully measurements

i also made backlight for the usb ports, so when the dashboard illumination is on, the usb ports also light up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Patrao how you managed to get a factory like finish for the usb sockets?
Old 11th October 2008, 12:54   #35
BANNED

try using GIRDER instead of winlrc. this works like a charm even on hibernating it 100s of time.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:17   #36
BHPian

I read somehwere that the IR makes the system usage 100%. Is this true and what happen to the moulding you where to make for the screen.
Old 11th October 2008, 16:43   #37
BHPian

i am not getting IR to directly interface with the girder, or rather dont know how, that is why i was using winLRC as a middle man, hopefully this sunday i get all issues sorted out

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
try using GIRDER instead of winlrc. this works like a charm even on hibernating it 100s of time.

dont quite know about system usage, couldn't test it for long. Will be out of town for a couple of weeks, so thought i make the moulding after i come back.nowadays my focus is mainly on getting my peripherals up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinjv View Post
I read somehwere that the IR makes the system usage 100%. Is this true and what happen to the moulding you where to make for the screen.
Old 12th October 2008, 17:05   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
i am not getting IR to directly interface with the girder, or rather dont know how, that is why i was using winLRC as a middle man, hopefully this sunday i get all issues sorted out
all you need is a IGORPLUG pulgin with the girder. and you wont need a middle man. PM me for this and i shall send you the schematic for the same.
Old 12th October 2008, 17:39   #39
BHPian

Good job, welcome to the carpc club.

The centrafuse OBD system works great, though it mostly depends on your car's ecu and what codes it can put out. I just managed to get the OBD system working on my Innova and it gives some great information. Will be updating my thread with updated pics soon.

cheers.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:50   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur View Post
Good job, welcome to the carpc club.

The centrafuse OBD system works great, though it mostly depends on your car's ecu and what codes it can put out. I just managed to get the OBD system working on my Innova and it gives some great information. Will be updating my thread with updated pics soon.

cheers.
congrates on your OBD. we waiting for the update on this and wonder what info you getting.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:31   #41
BHPian

IR Working

hi guys got my IR working, blue wire which was soldered in the main unit had come off, soldered it back and got it working.

@monty : checked out the igorplugin , if i implement it , it would require me to redo the entire component setup, so thought i would give my current setup another shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Car pc for Safari-dsc00263.jpg  

Car pc for Safari-dsc00264.jpg  

Old 16th October 2008, 15:36   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
@monty : checked out the igorplugin , if i implement it , it would require me to redo the entire component setup, so thought i would give my current setup another shot.
yeah you would have to change your setup. are you using a USB or SERIAL port?
Old 29th October 2008, 21:43   #43
BHPian

google earth

hey guys got THE ultimate nav engine up and running on my system. The Google Earth Pro. With indicom dialer and GPS, google earth is truly amazing. All the google earth functionality and gps allows u to find roads as well as trace or map your route . attached some pics below:

@monty : i am using serial port IR
Attached Thumbnails
Car pc for Safari-dsc00280.jpg  

Car pc for Safari-dsc00282.jpg  

Car pc for Safari-dsc00284.jpg  

Last edited by nc1bad : 29th October 2008 at 21:46.
Old 8th November 2008, 14:47   #44
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i'm a newbie to the carputer scene. just wondering...how do windows apps like google earth work on 'centrafuse' ? is centrafuse a shell for windows ??
Old 8th November 2008, 15:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

centrafuse & roadrunner are more like front end for widnows. they make using windows more easier in small touchscreen displays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks