Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:01   #16
BANNED

10k including speakers, HU and wiring?
A bit too demanding in that budget. You'll have to add another 5k (atleast) to be comfortable.
Or you can avoid rear speakers for now.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:26   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
somewhere in this forum there was thread that the excess heat in the HU system made the USB corrupt and unusable. i couldn't find the thread now. so no links...
Impression I got from that thread was that the problem was with using usb hard drives and/or directly connecting the device onto the HU. There would not be too much problems with a USB device on a cable.

I doubt there would be any problem with using solid state USB sticks, on cables.

Pio 4050 has cables; Pio 3050 connects USB directly onto the HU. And putting a bluetooth dongle into the USB cable of 4050 makes it a BT HU - capable of taking phone calls. But the USB stick would have to be kept away.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
And putting a bluetooth dongle into the USB cable of 4050 makes it a BT HU - capable of taking phone calls.
I seriously doubt that. The BT dongle needs drivers to work, and the HU is not a computer that you can plug it into.
Old 4th October 2008, 01:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

It depends actually. A Bluetooth ready unit will easily take the Bluetooth interface but they are generally very costly.
Old 4th October 2008, 06:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Also which is the best USB enabled stereo system within 10K( it includes speakers wiring, and HU)
If you want USB only (but drop Bluetooth), then you can manage some Pio models. With Bluetooth, this budget looks difficult for a good set and you will have nothing left for speakers.

Quote:
Impression I got from that thread was that the problem was with using usb hard drives and/or directly connecting the device onto the HU. There would not be too much problems with a USB device on a cable.

I doubt there would be any problem with using solid state USB sticks, on cables.

Pio 4050 has cables; Pio 3050 connects USB directly onto the HU..
I do not think of any heating problem on USB sticks (& certainly not on cables) – the problem could be on the power limit from the USB ports on most HU (in range of 250-350mA), which really cannot power USB HDD, but only solid state ones.

Quote:
And putting a bluetooth dongle into the USB cable of 4050 makes it a BT HU - capable of taking phone calls. But the USB stick would have to be kept away.
It won’t work this way – USB ports on HU is designed only for USB sticks and not all USB devices.
Old 4th October 2008, 23:21   #21
BANNED

hmmm.. my pio 4050 manual says simply putting in a bluetooth dongle will make it compabible. I do not have (I do not want) a BT phone to test that. Err.. I will borrow sister's phone and get back here in a couple of days.
Old 5th October 2008, 07:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm.. my pio 4050 manual says simply putting in a bluetooth dongle will make it compabible. I do not have (I do not want) a BT phone to test that. Err.. I will borrow sister's phone and get back here in a couple of days.
Yeah! You please check and let us know. If it works so, I guess it will be a big breakthrough for many.

Many HU like Pio 4050 are Bluetooth ready, but my understanding is that they require the BT adapter like BTB100 which costs something like 6-7K range. Same is the case with all makes. So it rarely makes sense to go for a BT adapter even if your HU is BT ready (but not enabled)
Old 5th October 2008, 10:10   #23
BANNED

This is news.

Quote:
hmmm.. my pio 4050 manual says simply putting in a bluetooth dongle will make it compabible.
This is news to me!
Please verify. I'm sure this will help many on the forum for sure.
Old 5th October 2008, 13:45   #24
BANNED

Sorry - I am wrong

Guys, this what my computer says when I insert this USB thingie into the computer:-

Quote:
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter
So, when the 4050's user manual said that I need a USB Bluetooth adapter "like CD-BTB100". I thought I had what it takes to break the ll^W^W^W^W ugh... talk hands free on my next mobile.

Looks like jargon has done me in!!!

So, we have this minefield of incompatibilities and misnaming un-conventions in car electronics too.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 5th October 2008 at 13:49.
Old 5th October 2008, 14:46   #25
BHPian

I think all that has happened is that you have misread your manual. It probably talks about the HU being Bluetooth-ready, and all you have to do is put the bluetooth adapter (made by Pioneer) - and not just any Bluetooth "dongle."
Old 5th October 2008, 15:38   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
It probably talks about the HU being Bluetooth-ready, and all you have to do is put the bluetooth adapter (made by Pioneer) - and not just any Bluetooth "dongle."
The BT - mobile phone discussion is in the "Accessories available" section of the manual. So, is this bluetooth adapter brand / manufacturer / model specific?
Old 5th October 2008, 18:41   #27
BHPian

It's brand/manufacturer specific, but not model specific. Since you have a Pioneer, you have to buy the Pioneer CD-btb100 or whatever it's called. You can't out a Kenwood one if that's what you are asking. (And all Pioneer HUs AFAIK that are BT ready will use the cd-btb100 - it's not different for different models).
Old 5th October 2008, 23:29   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
well the kenwood is seriously crossing my budget

So I would like to ask which one is the cheapest HU with USB and AUX-in and an method to add bluetooth in future
The presence of a Cd Player does not annoy me

Sony BT3600U has USB/Aux in/Bluetooth and has an mrp of 9990 in the brochure, however many Sony dealers are offering a 10% discount in Noida on all car audio stuff: speakers/amps/head units etc. So it will be ~9000/-. This head unit is not available in the grey market at the moment I think.

I am thinking of grabbing BT3600U for my new Hyundai Accent Executive. The brochure says S-MOSFET Output power: 52W X 4. Looking at the available Sony speakers in the same brochure, I see two power ratings are mentioned: peak power and rated power.

For rear speakers the options are:
(Peak=300W, Rated=75W)
(Peak=300W, Rated=60W)
(Peak=400W, Rated=100W)
(Peak=440W, Rated=100W)
(Peak=500W, Rated=120W)

For front speakers the options are:
(Peak=130W, Rated=30W)
(Peak=150W, Rated=35W)
(Peak=190W, Rated=40W)
(Peak=260W, Rated=60W) (These are component speakers)

Woofers
(Peak=1000W, Rated=300W)
(Peak=1200W, Rated=330W)
(Peak=1300W, Rated=380W)

Based on these power ratings, can anyone please help me in choosing the speakers for the head unit BT3600U if I don't want to use a separate amplifier? Does Rated power mean rms power?

Cheers
p.s: I'm a newbie at team-bhp. Hi to all.
Old 6th October 2008, 00:17   #29
BANNED

BT/B 100 You see in the manual is the bluetooth adapter made by Pioneer for their 'Bluetooth ready' HUs.
It's not a dongle like thingy we use for computers. It's a whole kit by itself with necessary cables/boxes etc..
Hope you're not confused anymore, Backseat driver!
But first of all, please get into that front driver seat!
Old 6th October 2008, 14:50   #30

Sony in the drain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manigrews View Post
Sony BT3600U has USB/Aux in/Bluetooth and has an mrp of 9990 in the brochure, however many Sony dealers are offering a 10% discount in Noida on all car audio stuff: speakers/amps/head units etc. So it will be ~9000/-. This head unit is not available in the grey market at the moment I think.

I am thinking of grabbing BT3600U for my new Hyundai Accent Executive. The brochure says S-MOSFET Output power: 52W X 4. Looking at the available Sony speakers in the same brochure, I see two power ratings are mentioned: peak power and rated power.

For rear speakers the options are:
(Peak=300W, Rated=75W)
(Peak=300W, Rated=60W)
(Peak=400W, Rated=100W)
(Peak=440W, Rated=100W)
(Peak=500W, Rated=120W)

For front speakers the options are:
(Peak=130W, Rated=30W)
(Peak=150W, Rated=35W)
(Peak=190W, Rated=40W)
(Peak=260W, Rated=60W) (These are component speakers)

Woofers
(Peak=1000W, Rated=300W)
(Peak=1200W, Rated=330W)
(Peak=1300W, Rated=380W)

Based on these power ratings, can anyone please help me in choosing the speakers for the head unit BT3600U if I don't want to use a separate amplifier? Does Rated power mean rms power?

Cheers
p.s: I'm a newbie at team-bhp. Hi to all.
I always thought of Sony as a quality brand. However, looking at their speaker specs on the brochure and the website, I find different numbers everywhere. I got the brochure from an authorised dealer barely a week ago. Here are the numbers for the XS-GTX1640 speakers as an example:

Brochure: Frequency response 25Hz-33KHz; Sensitivity 92dB/W/m.

Web site url 1: Frequency response 30Hz-28KHz; Sensitivity 91dB/W/m XS-GTX1640 : Speakers : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India (Specifications tab)

Web site url 2: Frequency response 30Hz-27KHz; Sensitivity 89+-2dB/W/m Sony Xplod (Download tab returns a file speakers.pdf)

I'll have to think again whether I should go for Sony.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks