Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 11:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
B&T would be able to answer better (hermit audio represents audiobahn in india)
Past tense Sir. AFAIK, they are no longer associated with the Brand(s)
Old 6th October 2008, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sam is right. Not associated with the brands anymore. Need to take off those webpages. But there's still some stock that is being sold off at discounts.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

do you have the 4 channel and mono dub amps. Are they any good ? Dub mono is about 7k. If it sounds good it is extreme VFM
Old 8th October 2008, 13:26   #19
BHPian

Hey, just saw this thread. At the risk of repeating what you know: yes, Hamid is good, he did a job for me recently (NHC as well), I have his contacts too incase u didn't get them. He knows his stuff. Stay away from Sprocket, he'll overprice AND push you to take some unnecessary stuff.

Your planned setup (JBL Group) seems quite good. I would prefer that to the second group as it seems to me that using ref in the front as well as back would give some nice consistency. But I could be wrong, I haven't heard GZ comps!!

Damping. I'll save u some time here. Sprocket & Pitstop charge around rs 1000/sft, I couldn't find it anywhere else. B&T was kind to courier me some for the normal rates (I think Rs 150 it was). I feel 20sft is more than enough for NHC. Hamid used just 12sft for my front doors, although I asked him to use more. But this amount seems adequate for me. No vibrations, whatsoever.

I used a mono for my sub, and its an overkill for me (for my taste).

I can recommend a shop here in case u want to get stuff without B&W.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:14   #20
BHPian

Current Set-up as planned

Front : EL 6.1s
Rear : Infinity REf 9623i
Amp : JBL1004
Sub : GZRW 12XS-AL
Damping :Noisekill 25sqft
Wiring : GZkit +Extra RCA

GZTW 12MK2 was initially planned for the Sub , but I'm opting for the bigger daddy and will put in a mono at a later stage to beef it up(If I feel the need to get the max potential of the sub).

The best part is that the sealed enclosure for GZRW 12XS-AL is only 20ltrs.(as per Data sheet).Looks damn neat as well!.

Mr.Business&Transaction will be notified of this change when im ready to order, lol

The above is finalized, just waiting for my bonus cheque to clear what with all these festive bank holidays.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 8th October 2008 at 14:20.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

With the setup you planned you wont have the need for any more upgradation,except for the Head Unit you are using

Ramie
Old 12th October 2008, 01:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

dude i am back i mean my net is back on line got another one so was off tbhp for some time now.

like i said before there are other good installers in the city too who do a good job in installing and tuning stuff, i think i have given you the details guzzler.

its just that SPROCKET is not the only place where they do best installs in the city. Its just that few Bhpians have got some installs done from him thats all. please do NOT OVER GLORIFY him here do get the installs done at these other places too, and the reason for saying this is quiet strong so i would keep it that way.

Last edited by rider60 : 12th October 2008 at 01:10.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:47   #23
BHPian

I'm a wee bit confused on Bass Box pro's recommendations for the
GZ RW 12s-AL.

I'm going with a sealed enclosure and the two options within this gave the following results for "sound fidelity" and "sound output".

The enclosure size difference between the two setups is quite alarming! a whole 10ltrs less if i go with the "high output" type sealed enclosure!. Bear in mind that I've only chosen sealed setup config and not ported types.

I'd like your opinion if the High output type is compromising on something, since im building a FG enclosure to be in stealth,it would do wonders if i can design a 15ltrs box without seriously undermining the Sub.

The sub is 500W rating but ill be running it out of a 1004 at 150W.

The pics below will show the outputs and recommendations.
NHC Music system- Hyderabad-high-output.jpg

NHC Music system- Hyderabad-sound-fidelity.jpg

Gurus suggestions would be helpful before i seal my FG enclosure based on recommended volumeof 28ltrs as per spec sheet.

Cheers
Arun
Old 24th October 2008, 22:42   #24
BHPian

I've swallowed a fish bone while eating sushi !!!!

I've swallowed a fish bone while eating sushi !!!!

Talk about the T-BHP bug pulling all my teeth out and the only one left is aching now!, I need a MONO to drive the GZRW 12 XS-AL , its 500W at 4ohm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Just completed the following setup.

9884E + EL6.1 + 1004 + GZRW 12XS-AL(SVC) in sealed Enclosure+GZ wiring Kit

I scrounged myself in going only for the 1004 to run the front +sub.If im rightim only feeding 100W into the sub and hence the feeling of "*** MATE"

The problem seems that the sub is seriously underpowered and heck, my rear fills(inifinity 9623i) are giving out more SQ bass than the sub!.Ofcourse , things look different if the gain is maxed out on the 1004 for the sub and bass boost is increased as well , but i dont wanna run the amp on full load.

So guys , help me pull out my last tooth with the least expense on a mono but to run the Radiactive series sub to its potential , lol . I wont talk about price limits, but if it exceeds 15-18k, then im pulling out the sub and hooking my rear to the 1004 for now.I'll just have to bear the pain for coming up with the choices myself.

I kinda shortlisted the jbl7001 and the kenwood9401D.Im not aware of the prices but im guessing i should be able to get them in the sub 20 range. Any other good best buys to play the sub are most welcome.

Thanks and cheers in advance.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

7001 will be good enough for the GZ.

JBL - GZ combo is pretty good ( Tried and tested too)

It will be around 18k with bill and warranty
Old 24th October 2008, 23:49   #26
BANNED

GZ subs require good power to be fed to them to give the real kick out. 100W RMS is good but not sufficient it seems.
A cheap fix would be to try the sub in a ported enclosure. Will require less power in that case. But you may not be satisfied with the results.

Both the amps shortlisted by you is good. Keep us updated about your final choice.
Old 25th October 2008, 00:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Rightly Said Zak

I'd suggest audition any such combination if any or ask your installer to give you an audition with both the amps.
The one you like better , the one you should go for
Plain and simple
Old 25th October 2008, 01:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
GZ subs require good power to be fed to them to give the real kick out. 100W RMS is good but not sufficient it seems.
A cheap fix would be to try the sub in a ported enclosure. Will require less power in that case. But you may not be satisfied with the results.

Both the amps shortlisted by you is good. Keep us updated about your final choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Rightly Said Zak

I'd suggest audition any such combination if any or ask your installer to give you an audition with both the amps.
The one you like better , the one you should go for
Plain and simple

How bout the option of a good 2 channel amp bridged to 4ohm? Can i lower the cost this way and still achieve the 400-500 W range .
Old 25th October 2008, 09:19   #29
BHPian

Gurus, how is the Blau GTA 280 to run the GZ sub. Bridged says 425W at 4ohm . Sub is 500W at same.

If there is only a 10-15%(figuratively speaking) difference in SQ compared to a mono , I'd seriously like to think about buying this around 5-6k. All mono's in this power range start from 16k and its a bit too steep right now.
Old 25th October 2008, 09:33   #30
BANNED

I don't think Blau GTA280 would give you 425w RMS @ 4ohms. Infact, no amp at that price range would be able to do that.
Best option is to get a Monoblock. Wait for some time till you can gather some dough instead of hurrying up.

Most Viewed