Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 14:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Next time i'm in cochin i'll leave u in an estate where there is no mobile connection
Some of us have plans for you too, the next time you come down this way.

And oh by the way congrats for the new HU.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:46   #32
BANNED

Got a chance to TD the KPgetz and it's ICE!

Guys! The sound is amazing. Got a shock when it started playing. Too good.
HU: Brilliant piece. Good build quality, decent controls, nice features and a not so good display. Song/folder listing, crossover settings, various display tweakings and many system functions, it's great. The SQ and the detailing is superb. Finer details in songs are not missed and in certain songs, I could feel the singers nose movements!
Would recommend it as one of the best HUs I've heard till date in this budget or even double it's price.
The only bad thing is the display. Not upto the mark and has a look of some cheap Korean make. Causes some uneasiness while going thru the menu and crossover settings etc.. But the good thing is you can switch it off and give rest to eyes.
Score: 9/10
Speakers: Simply amazing. Very good sound for the price. Sounded as if I am listening to something very expensive than what it is. The mids are controlled and doesn't get tiring. Highs were mellow. I would be more happy if the midbass could kick a bit better.
Score: 10/10
Amp: A surprise package in the setup. I was expecting something better. Not that great a piece to write home about. Just wondering how the setup would sound if fed with a better amp. It's a front speaker only setup, no rear fills. 2 channels power front components and 2 channels (bridged) power the sub.
Score: 5/10
Sub: It seems that this sub is the entry level of GZ. It's a mainstream kind. Will satisfy many but not for enthusiasts (which KP is not). I am not fully happy with it's sound/feel. This could be due to the amp & enclosure. The enclosure is BIG. Not at all matching for the sound quality of the components. It seems as if the sub cannot play with the comps and felt a bit loose. I very much recommend to get a smaller dia box and feel the difference. I'm sure it will gel well with the fronts that way.
Score: 7/10
Overall equipment score: 8/10

Install: Disappointing! It came as a shock. The HU is mounted very badly that it protrudes out by an inch or so. Heard from KP that even AC controls developed some problems after the install. Overall fit and finish could be far far better. LBM! Take this car to a better installer and help out the FreeDAbad mallu. I'm sure he'll make it sound more good.
Damping job is good, there're no signs of vibrations anywhere in the car at any volume levels.
Score: 4/10

Whatever said and done, the car sounds great. As I told in the beginning, I was simply lost when it started playing. Cheers to KP, Cheers to Getz, Cheers to Eclipse, Cheers to Illusion Audio, Cheers to our very own LBM paaji. This is one Rockstar Getz!
Old 9th October 2008, 12:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hey Speedzak
Thanks

Thats a quite good thing to do.
How about more of such reviews

I've seen many Hyundai cars with mounting problems. Usually it protrudes out.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Speakers: Simply amazing. Very good sound for the price. Sounded as if I am listening to something very expensive than what it is. The mids are controlled and doesn't get tiring. Highs were mellow. I would be more happy if the midbass could kick a bit better.
Score: 10/10
Sub: It seems that this sub is the entry level of GZ. It's a mainstream kind. Will satisfy many but not for enthusiasts (which KP is not). I am not fully happy with it's sound/feel. This could be due to the amp & enclosure. The enclosure is BIG. Not at all matching for the sound quality of the components. It seems as if the sub cannot play with the comps and felt a bit loose. I very much recommend to get a smaller dia box and feel the difference. I'm sure it will gel well with the fronts that way.
Score: 7/10

Install: Disappointing! It came as a shock. The HU is mounted very badly that it protrudes out by an inch or so. Heard from KP that even AC controls developed some problems after the install. Overall fit and finish could be far far better. LBM! Take this car to a better installer and help out the FreeDAbad mallu. I'm sure he'll make it sound more good.
Damping job is good, there're no signs of vibrations anywhere in the car at any volume levels.
Score: 4/10

Whatever said and done, the car sounds great. As I told in the beginning, I was simply lost when it started playing. Cheers to KP, Cheers to Getz, Cheers to Eclipse, Cheers to Illusion Audio, Cheers to our very own LBM paaji. This is one Rockstar Getz!

Thanks Zak for the review. The electra and the sub will play better with a good amp like 75.4 or something. Since KP was on a budget I said get it done and upgrade it later (if he does).

About the install I was also disappointed but the installer hardy any getz come by for the same. Have been any regular like swift it would have been a great job. Chalo lets see what can be done to improve than cry or splilled appy fizz.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:57   #35
Team-BHP Support

KP: Prices please !!!!
Old 9th October 2008, 22:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Zak for the wonderful review. It was indeed a great feeling to have a real ICE enthusiast take over and enjoy the music.
Now where's the getz review?

Prices:
Illusion Electras - 6450
GZ Titanium Sub - 5450
HUGGGEEE box for sub- 700
JVC amp taken from the zen. ~ 4k approx
Eclipse - 11000
LBM KILL - 2200
Wires - Ask LBM

Discounts not included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Yess the Getz seat Double fold thats why i havent touched the rear seat,except installing seat covers but i have figured out the way to do the wiring on the rear seat without disturbing the double fold of the seats.
Details and pics !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
oye kp! congrats oye! i was wondering where the heck is your install!

BTW, is this Mr. Mallu Mullah behind Eclipse?
Thanks and Yes, u are right..
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Nice choice of equipment boss!! So now you have speed and sounds

Will wait for LBM to let us know about the enclosure specs? My titanium has been chucked in a 1cu ft I think.

Enjoy!
Thanks! The box is huge and i think its bigger than 1cu ft. LBM??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey great choice on all the stuff. Now can we have the prices please. That Eclipse looks just superb, I am sure it sounds great too.
Yeah the Eclipse SQ is fantastic.

Last edited by kpzen : 9th October 2008 at 22:15.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

Mad men, how do you test drive an ICE unless it has some PSP or something!!!

just kidding, KP enjoy the sound stages, drive safe.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Very nicely written review, Zak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@LBM - Worth noting and working on. I assume you would take it as well-meaning criticism.
Old 9th October 2008, 23:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
@LBM - Worth noting and working on. I assume you would take it as well-meaning criticism.
Yes Ajay Bhai no bad feeling but I am feeling good that people are taking there time and help me improve.

Kp the sub box is approx 1.3 cuft as I want to increase the low end. A smaller one can be given if required.
Old 10th October 2008, 00:47   #40
BANNED

Please give him that small box as soon as possible. 1cu ft is the max one needs. This big box is making the sub sound very very bad. Infact, there were so many nice things told about GZ subs here that I expected something good. But it failed me. If the sub is good, then it will perform great in a smaller box.
So, that is one thing which has to be corrected ASAP.
Old 10th October 2008, 08:41   #41
BHPian

Nice to see some different installs than the usual Pioneer, JBL combos.
Good setups are possible even with limited budgets.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:49   #42
BHPian

Great setup there kp!
I've heard the GZ titanium and Illusion electra combo (swale84's car), and they both integrate pretty well with a 1cu ft. enclosure.

kp, what is the bridged outupt of the JVC amp?
The sub needs to be powered well.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Hey Speedzak
Thanks

Thats a quite good thing to do.
How about more of such reviews

I've seen many Hyundai cars with mounting problems. Usually it protrudes out.
It depends how it is mounted, i am sure the installer tried to force the HU from the front thats why it is an inch outside.

Recently installed a JVC Touchscreen HU in my friends getz prime. will try to get a hold of the pics, and will post here, that HU looks great sitting on the getz front console.I have attached a pic of his earlier Pioneer HU.

Infact i remember seeing a thread by Gunbir, where he has given a pictorial discription as to how to install a HU in a getz so that it gets a flush mounted look.
Attached Thumbnails
Getz ICE'd: Kichdi of many brands but it sounds Great !!-06092008016.jpg  

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 10th October 2008 at 16:19.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:16   #44
BANNED

Wow! That's the way the HU should be mounted.
Thanks for putting up the pic here, M4u.

@KP. Are you listening? Time to shout down his ears! Nay?
Old 10th October 2008, 21:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Kp you are meeting me first thing on sunday and I am myself goind to use chanee and hathore to correct your HU installation. And no nakras...

Yaar Izzat par aarahe hai !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks