Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 00:44   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
some birdy told me you got some updated things, so update it on the forum as well sir.

didn't the birdie told you that he just landed onto my roof today night
will post pics soon by d way just a normal routine accessory up gradation

1. I presume you will be using Windows XP, so what other software for the touchscreen ?

no software for touch screen just the centrafuse

2. Which software for the navigation ?
search for centrafuse ,it comes with inbuilt DESTINATOR Navigation software

3. Which media player for playing music?
centrafuse uses Winamp fr playing music and WMP for vids

4. What for BT calls ?
bluesoleil software

by d way these all are inbuilt with the centrafuse ,it's like a user friendly software having each and everything you need for the car
OBD2 ,xm radio,normal radio,mail ,palylist,navigation,phone etcc
Old 26th February 2009, 00:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Try doing something about radio.
Seriously its something which is really missed in your car.
I understand you can listen to all songs you want but sometimes FM is very important.
New songs etc also.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Try doing something about radio.
Seriously its something which is really missed in your car.
I understand you can listen to all songs you want but sometimes FM is very important.
New songs etc also.

i am trying hard but my luck the thing which i am looking for has been discontinued ,it was of the cheapest option for pc radio and work perfectly,the other one is really damn expensive around $200

As for the upgrades here are some pics:

got belkin Y -cable RCA to 3.5mm wire *2

Andrea Array super beam (SOUND MAX) mic

USB charger for nokia n-95

now waiting for the bezel to come and then will change the location of the screen too

still waiting for my space navigator ,God knows whether i can see that in this life or not,hoping that it will reach here in march '22
Attached Thumbnails
My Car Pc!-26022009838.jpg  

My Car Pc!-usb_nokia_charger2.jpg  

My Car Pc!-26022009841.jpg  

My Car Pc!-26022009847.jpg  

Old 26th February 2009, 11:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Smokin, your CarPC is coming along nicely... that Belkin cable looks yummy. I have seen it in some music stores and want a couple. How much did you pay for it?
Old 26th February 2009, 12:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Smokin, your CarPC is coming along nicely... that Belkin cable looks yummy. I have seen it in some music stores and want a couple. How much did you pay for it?

thanks i paid 1800 for set of two from US!!

got it from ebay ,you can get the same quality of wires here in india ,NOKIA has the same cables available,at around 700INR ,heard from a friend but it was too late, already ordered them .
Old 26th February 2009, 12:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
thanks i paid 1800 for set of two from US!!

got it from ebay ,you can get the same quality of wires here in india ,NOKIA has the same cables available,at around 700INR ,heard from a friend but it was too late, already ordered them .
Even 900 each is decent cuz it (the same Belkin one) retails here for about 1100 / 1200 or more.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Belkin cable looks nice.
Did you make that nokia charger or bought it ready?
So space navigator is the surprise?

Last edited by gigy : 26th February 2009 at 12:59.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Man,

This is an amazing stuff.

I was looking for something similar, now I am highly keen on this. Can you share some info on the following.

1. Does this software "Centrafuse" require prior WinXP installation? (their website says so)

2. If it does, then does it get restarted by booting XP always whenever you switch ON?

3. If you get stalled ! and if you restart your car, then does it reboots ?

4. I guess it is possible to play FM using some adapters as mentioned on the site.

5. If everything is touchscreen through this "Centrafuse", why do you need Mouse + Keyboard ? Is it something like you start your pc and then run this application?

There are lot more questions, can I come n see this stuff ?

Last edited by tanwaramit : 26th February 2009 at 13:31. Reason: added point number 5
Old 26th February 2009, 15:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Even 900 each is decent cuz it (the same Belkin one) retails here for about 1100 / 1200 or more.

actually these are with shipping so actually the cost was 22$

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Belkin cable looks nice.
Did you make that nokia charger or bought it ready?
So space navigator is the surprise?
no i bought it from ebay got it for a real cheap just 1.50 HKD (rs.10/- with shipping)

no the surprises are still on way but yes space navigator also was surprise but it was 3 months back now it's an old story

This is an amazing stuff.

thanks a lot

I was looking for something similar, now I am highly keen on this. Can you share some info on the following.

1. Does this software "Centrafuse" require prior WinXP installation? (their website says so)

yes windows should be there.

2. If it does, then does it get restarted by booting XP always whenever you switch ON?

you can use the hibernation instead of the switch on/off

no you can wire it accordingly so it will not reboot when you start the car,almost most of the guys have done this ,it's really easy

4. I guess it is possible to play FM using some adapters as mentioned on the site.

yes it is possible but i have read reviews that they give poor reception while driving so looking for a usb external antenna radio from D'link

5. If everything is touchscreen through this "Centrafuse", why do you need Mouse + Keyboard ? Is it something like you start your pc and then run this application?

screen is so small when it comes to computer and it's easy to use the keyboard rather than the on screen one.

no there's an option for making centrafuse as system shell ,it means when you start computer it will automatically starts the centrafuse

There are lot more questions, can I come n see this stuff ?

sure definitely ,where do you put up send me details on PM then we can fix up the meet
Old 26th February 2009, 18:13   #70
BHPian

smokin. looking forward to that mic review. let me know ASAP. btw. where are you going to mount that ? how much ? ebay ?
Old 27th February 2009, 20:32   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
a few questions smokin

1. I presume you will be using Windows XP, so what other software for the touchscreen ?
you can use ROAD RUNNER now called RIDE RUNNER as your front end. it is free of cost and quite flexible too.
winamp is used as media player on background. << - - DigitalFX 4.0 [Released 07/25/08] - - >> - MP3Car.com
Old 27th February 2009, 20:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post

no you can wire it accordingly so it will not reboot when you start the car,almost most of the guys have done this ,it's really easy
Can you please elaborate more about the above said wiring procedure? Im really looking for this type of wiring so that my scorputer does not restart when i switch ignition off in traffic signals.
Old 27th February 2009, 20:56   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Can you please elaborate more about the above said wiring procedure? Im really looking for this type of wiring so that my scorputer does not restart when i switch ignition off in traffic signals.
when you buy a DC-DC CarPC Power Supply then you need not to worry about engine cranks or starting prblem.i am using this for last 8-9 month with no issues at all.
heres the link SB-160D Automotive Power Supply | DC-DC Power Supplies | iRide Technologies
Old 27th February 2009, 23:38   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
smokin. looking forward to that mic review. let me know ASAP. btw. where are you going to mount that ? how much ? ebay ?

definitely as soon as i will install it will let you know,got it from amazon at a very cheap price 1500 with shipping..

will mount on the steering wheel console like the previous one

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
actually dc dc power supply has lot of feature ,you just gave to activate the switch for the settings like if you activate 2 number switch then the power to the computer will be after 5 seconds etc etc.(it's a long technical one so cant explain it here )

and do use a on/off switch for safety ,it's my opinion
Old 18th March 2009, 09:47   #75
BHPian

smoking. eagerly waiting for that mic review. Please let us know As soon as possible.

Most Viewed