Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2008, 08:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Unless one compares with the component system wired in reverse polarity.
Spot on Ajay! This is actually a trick used by many popular installers here in Delhi to promote the line of products they carry.. Consider this, I go to a installer with brand X components.. he wires in reverse polarity and make me listen to the crap.. next he turns up, "bhai sahab, dekh liye yeh components, main toh pehle hi mana kar raha tha aapko", now listen to these co-ax from brand Y (one that he carries - not to mention he'll let you know the entire history of the brand as well). He wires the coax properly and voila!! Coax from brand Y are better than Comps from brand X, apart from huge margins that the installer has earned.

These are one of the common malpractices that I've observed over last couple of years.
Old 25th October 2008, 08:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

is there any way to check if the tweeter and mid bass are connected in phase (without taking anything apart) ? My installer had this weird way of connecting wires, and Even I'm not sure if my comps are hooked up correctly. he originally connected my front and rear out of phase( which i corrected) , but I'm still not sure if the tweeter and woofer are connected in phase
Old 25th October 2008, 12:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Spot on Ajay! This is actually a trick used by many popular installers here in Delhi to promote the line of products they carry..
Oldest trick in the book. Works like a gem. There are some dealers here in Bombay also who have demo boards with competitors speakers hooked in reverse polarity along with their preferred speakers in correct polarity. I am sorry I cannot mention any names.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
is there any way to check if the tweeter and mid bass are connected in phase (without taking anything apart) ?

i too would like to know more about the above?
i agree - one of my speakers were playing out of phase for a while but with the sub and rear fills also amped it was difficult for me( a totally untrained and tone deaf ear) to make out.
(Ajaybhai's ear on the other hand made out immediately! and changed the wires at the amp end.however polarity at woofer end still remains to be checked!)

gurus
some inputs on greenhornji's question please

Last edited by Magma : 25th October 2008 at 20:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks