Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 14:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

I have something similar in my 2003 Indica. The brand says "Bob" and it can accomodate SD card and USB pendrive. FM obviously is part of the bundle. The unit was bought from Karol Bagh Market for Rs. 1100 and is working fine for last 8 months.
Old 26th November 2009, 08:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

This is VFM HU I've ever heard. How is the sound clarity?
Does it have FM?
Old 26th November 2009, 09:15   #63
BHPian

Recently saw an ad in the Times of India advertising under its Times Shopping brand advertising this product. It costed 1000 + 150 for shipping. I expect the sound clarity to be decent enough. But dont know if this product is reliable and I'm not sure if it comes with warranty either, but then again not alot you can expect for 1000 bucks.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:01   #64
BHPian

I am actually thinking of trying out one of these nondescript FM transmitters. I have heard them in Bharuch, they seem good enough. A search in indiatimes shopping showed a number of such items.

http://shopping.indiatimes.com/ism/f...sid=&bid=&prc=
Old 20th December 2009, 19:54   #65

Hmm I need something like that too. I hardly listen to cds anymore. Wish some company like pioneer would come up with a HU just having Fm and Usb
Old 11th January 2010, 18:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

I got an FM Transmitter with USB and MMC support with remote gifted by a cousin, it has to be plugged into lighter port and tuned in headunit on correct frequency. Its from Bahrain and did not cost more than couple of Dinars, but believe me its giving decent sound quality. Not sure of the reliability of the product but its gooad for guys having old but decent headunits without USB support. Luckily the head units on all my vehicles are old and doesnt support USB . Only thing to note is the FM Transmitter and reciever should be tuned to exactly the same frequency to ensure the best results.

Last edited by jacs : 11th January 2010 at 18:13.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:42   #67
BHPian

They are called as "FM MP3 Modulators" Something like that
We get them in Karol Bagh or any other Car sound shop. for a mere 250-450Rs.
Have been using one for the past one year, They sound better than CDs If it helps to determine the SQ.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:38   #68
BHPian

they are widely available from Rs.250/- to Rs.500/- range at Ebay India
Old 16th January 2010, 11:44   #69
BHPian

Bought this little thing from indiatimes

For the sake of experiment, I bought it for my Wagon R. My HU does not support USB, hence this attempt.

It cost me 425 INR (including 75 for shipping). I used an old pen drive with mp3's and here is my feedback.

Sound quality is decent: You need to set the device to a particular frequency (I used 88 MHz) and tuned the same frequency on the HU. No disturbance whatsoever.

It is a chinese product, no doubt with that. Here are some shortcomings:

- It does not read MP3s within folders (these have to be in the main only)
- There is no provision to browse the directory
- (the worst) If I happen to restart the engine (in case of traffic light or what soever), the song gets reset to the first one I need to press the pickup button and give the number of the song I want it to play.

What else would I get for such an amount

But my concern: is such a device legal? I guess transmitting FM signals requires some licence etc? The signal can be sensed till about 10 meters (I used my mobile to test)

Some pics are below.
Attached Thumbnails
800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette-picture-001-medium.jpg  

800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette-picture-002-medium.jpg  

800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette-picture-004-medium.jpg  

800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette-picture-005-medium.jpg  

Old 16th January 2010, 13:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
\

- It does not read MP3s within folders (these have to be in the main only)
- There is no provision to browse the directory
- (the worst) If I happen to restart the engine (in case of traffic light or what soever), the song gets reset to the first one I need to press the pickup button and give the number of the song I want it to play.
What you have mentioned in the third point happens with very rare modulators. Otherwise the song generally starts from the song that was playing.
Old 17th January 2010, 23:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
But my concern: is such a device legal? I guess transmitting FM signals requires some licence etc? The signal can be sensed till about 10 meters (I used my mobile to test)
No problems with the law here. You only need license if the transmission is over a certain power limit. And there are usually bands reserved for commercial transmission.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:22   #72
BHPian

Saw one in my city for 300/-
Old 28th January 2010, 02:37   #73
Team-BHP Support

These chinese things are utter crap when it comes to reliability. While one unit may work fine the other one of the same make may conk off in 2 days. My friend bought two of these for his 2 cars. He says while one sounds ok the other one is not so good in terms of sound quality. Still I went ahead and bought one for myself. All of 275 bucks! It lasted fine for 1 month. And then all of a sudden the remote stopped working. I replaced the battery but it still won't work. Now it functions minus the remote which is a pain if your card has some 100+ songs. Through the base unit you need to skip songs 1 by 1 to reach the desired number. Of late the small display LCD also has developed some problem. But it still functions (albeit minus the remote).
Old 16th February 2010, 16:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

anyone else here is using this USB/SD car MP3 player for long. Kindly post the reliability of same?

Do we get similar stuff from branded companies like SONY,PIO etc. I don’t mind paying 2K ~ 2.5K for HU from reputed company than some cheap Chinese thing!
Old 8th April 2010, 20:52   #75
BANNED

@ aroop...

This wireless FM modulator i bought around an year back for Rs. 450 and now-a-days it costs merely 250 bucks. Also, the sound quality of this fm modulator is pretty much ok for those who are not music lovers because the base and the quality of sound is totally missing when you play songs over FM.

The cassette adapter that costs Rs. 70 has a much better sound quality compared to this one and I'm using that now-a-days via my iPhone. The Fm modulator is lying around in my garage now-a-days...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks