Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 11:39   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Listen to Rainbows. If you like them then you can go for Just Rainbow Components and add an amp later on when then budget permits.

Otherwise you already have Bull in i10 so go ahead buy Bull Compos + Blau MKII Amp. Though it will definitely exceed the given budget of 10K.
Any idea, how much do the rainbow components cost? And, do I need to get damping done in the front doors? How much will that cost?

Last edited by woof : 26th March 2009 at 11:50.
Old 26th March 2009, 12:20   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Any idea, how much do the rainbow components cost? And, do I need to get damping done in the front doors? How much will that cost?
In my opinion, Damping would be required if you are going for a sub. but its always good to have damping even for an amp/comps combo specially for swift.
You would require at least 8-10sq feet for each door and cheapest damping material(Noise kill) costs about 150Rs/sqfeet. So 2 front doors would cost you around 2.4k-3k
Old 26th March 2009, 13:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Damping makes even a plain HU+components sound better, since all the unwanted buzzes, rattles, squeaks and panel resonance are taken away.
Old 26th March 2009, 13:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
woof damping is required specially when you are ICEing the swift. I don't know the current entry level Rainbow components pricing but they must be around 10K.

Damping worth 2 - 2.5k for the front 2 doors will do a good job.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:28   #50
BHPian

IMO you can add JBL GTO 608C components + a good 2 channel amp + damping in 10K.

In my swift i have a Kenwood KAC-5203 2-channel amp for powering the rear GTO936e coaxs.It cost me around 3500 INR.
Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Power Amplifiers | KAC-5203

Or you can go for rainbow components.It may be around 10K as abhibh said.(entry level)

Last edited by jithudigitised : 29th March 2009 at 16:29. Reason: forget to add amp
Old 11th June 2009, 15:36   #51
BHPian

After lot of debate,my drive is finally going to have a 4 ch hertz amp with polk sub. Has anyone done this combination. The existing speakers combination is lightning audio comp front and rear lighning audio speakers. Should i do the damping for this set up. Not to good on these stuff, will i have a headache .. Just wondering what will be the state on the seat of this drive.... Shall post pics of my install around next week.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks