Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Jvc Avx 800 Firmware Update

hey GURUS i have the jvc avx 800 in my car its really good with all the options
cost me 26,000 rs i then paid 8,000 rs for the jvc bluetooth adapter and 1,600 for the jvc steering remote and i have paired it to my nokia n95 mobile.it connects automatically when i get into my car and switch the system on,i even use voice dialing when driving
my problem is the n95 is not in the built in list of phones in the jvc so i cannot use the message function and phone book with the jvc
i have been trying to locate a firmware update for the jvc avx 800 but no luck so far can anyone PLEASE help me to locate and download the latest firmware for the avx 800 please
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 12th November 2008, 18:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Doc, I doubt if one can get a firmware update - the thing is not built to support that. Almost all normal HUs are built with mask-programmed firmware (cheaper ROM device), as there is hardly any HU functionality that needs to be updated.

Are you sure message transfer / display is supported by the JVC BT adapter? Check the manual. Not expected to be phone dependent, even though this is not standard BT functionality.
Old 12th November 2008, 19:45   #3
BHPian

yes the system has options for messages and phone book but only for a few phones which is listed in the system options the system also picks up my mobile phone music player through blue tooth and plays back the music through the car speakers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks