Team-BHP - Have 15k coupon for accessories from Concorde for my Safari 2.2 -- DVD + Screen?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Have 15k coupon for accessories from Concorde for my Safari 2.2 -- DVD + Screen? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/49250-have-15k-coupon-accessories-concorde-my-safari-2-2-dvd-screen.html)

Guys, i have the 2.2 Safari EX 4X4 and I had some wiring issues with my 4X4 system a few months back. When i escalated the issue to Tata, Tata guys promised me accessories worth 15k from any Concorde showroom.

My vehicle already has Sunfilm, Seat Covers and Reverse sensor + screen which i had got installed from Concorde at the time of delivery. Now i was wondering what would be the best use of this 15k for my vehicle. i have ruled out the hydraulic jack and the crash guard. What really is left is DVD player + screen (unless you have other ideas). As for by current MP3 player in the Safari, i am thinking of putting that in my Ford Ikon and jettisoning the Ford cassette player.

Will appreciate if you can help me by suggesting what make and model of accessories should i go for from Concorde to get a deal that is value for money and close to the 15k watermark.

You could consider underbody coating. Does the car have an immobiliser based security system ? Or a gear lock ?

Edit: How about a headlamp (+ relay) upgrade ?

It will not be possible to get DVD player + screen at showroom prices for 15k. Anyway, you mention that you already have a screen, what screen is that?

You can even think about getting a front windscreen film like llumar air75 as one of the components. May cost around 5 to 6k in the showroom.

Just the Alpine DVD HU if you can :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1059181)
You could consider underbody coating. Does the car have an immobiliser based security system ? Or a gear lock ?

Edit: How about a headlamp (+ relay) upgrade ?

It does not have underbody coating, but it does have immobilizer.
maybe its just me but i find the stock headlamps to be sufficient for city use. Thanks anyway for the input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1059202)
It will not be possible to get DVD player + screen at showroom prices for 15k. Anyway, you mention that you already have a screen, what screen is that?

i have that mini screen in the rear view mirror. Its not useful for the DVD purpose.

Concorde guys told me that i can get a Xenex 9" screen for around 10k and the Pioneer DVD player for ~13. Not sure though how inflated these prices are. They are saying both these carry a 1 yr warranty.

Against the 15k coupon from Tata i took a Kenwood DVD player and a bunch of trinkets from Concorde motors over the weekend.

The search is now on for a pair of reasonable headrest mounted 7" LCD screens. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbox360 (Post 1065073)
The search is now on for a pair of reasonable headrest mounted 7" LCD screens. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

I have not seen any 7" screens for headrests. Most are smaller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 1065141)
I have not seen any 7" screens for headrests. Most are smaller.

I saw one from Necvox and another by a company called RD or something over the weekend. Problem is not being able to tell which product is better and if the price quoted is honest.

i have to decide on the LCD screens today and will appreciate your help. Following are the options and the quotes i have received so far for a pair of 7" LCD screens with headrests :--

S.NO Make Price (in thousand) Warranty
1 Necvox 13.5 Some say 1 yr, others say nil
2 Supertech 8.5 nil
3 RD 10.5 6mnths
4 Chicago 8.5 nil

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbox360 (Post 1074759)
i have to decide on the LCD screens today and will appreciate your help. Following are the options and the quotes i have received so far for a pair of 7" LCD screens with headrests :--

S.NO Make Price (in thousand) Warranty
1 Necvox 13.5 Some say 1 yr, others say nil
2 Supertech 8.5 nil
3 RD 10.5 6mnths
4 Chicago 8.5 nil

Necvox or RD should be the choice. Both are brands known in the Indian market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 1074841)
Necvox or RD should be the choice. Both are brands known in the Indian market.

Are the prices quoted fair?

Update -- i took the DVD player from Concorde, Kenwood (13k) -- Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Visual & Navigation Systems | KDV-MP4339

Also i got 2 headrest mounted screens installed from outside (8.5k). Make - Supertech, size 7". I did not go for RD because they were available only in 6".

MODS -- You can close this thread now.