Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:54   #46
BHPian

Jebs, I'm sure 1200/- must be coming with warranty document. Cause I got it installed at and by Blaupunkt guys for Rs 200 only.
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

hi Sandev,
Did you buy both FM modulator and the bluetooth connector.
Anyway is there a way I can buy this FM modulator other than E-bay, was wondering what should I ask for in the shop, will he get to know if I say FM modulator in an electronic shop.
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
hi Sandev,
Did you buy both FM modulator and the bluetooth connector.
Anyway is there a way I can buy this FM modulator other than E-bay, was wondering what should I ask for in the shop, will he get to know if I say FM modulator in an electronic shop.
You can easily get it from any car accessories shop. I got it for myself from one of it at Navi Mumbai. Since it is car ealated product, I'm sure you could find one there with out any hassel. And yes, all you need to ask at any shop is for FM modulator.

My personal opinion: FM modular may not sound as good as the second option I tried. Got one external wire fixed from Blaubunkt guy for Rs 200 and its doing wonders. You'll feel the sound quality difference.
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ok Sandev,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Will check out and let you know.
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

bought one for 275. SQ is decent. The only issue is the high noise floor due to FM, I'm happy with it
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:25   #51
BHPian

More than 4 GB

hi team!!

I have a modulator of intex...bought a pendrive 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer...the modulator didnt seem to read the drive... i searched the net for checking whether there was a problem reading 4 GB & above drives... seems that some of the modulators dont read larger drives... almost gave up hope when i had a Euureka!!!

i formatted the drive from Ext format to FAT 32 and VOILA!!! it started reading the drive. now my entire collection is on one 8 GB and two 4 GB drives. bye bye CD storage and FM on long drives
Old 28th January 2010, 23:46   #52
BHPian

My 2 cents,
I have been using this FM modulator for quite some time now. I have a casette player in my car and I was using the wired casette which you can connect to any MP3 player. But due to the wires and also because of my naughty son I had to think of a device with less wires
Now there is a new model with Bluetooth enabled one (i already upgraded to this). This can be used as hands-free device as well (kind of blue-and-me). But I would say the quality is not really good for receivig the calls, but for audio play back I would recommend it.
The only drawbacks are lack of playlist support, no folder browsing and every time you stop the car and re-start it ( quite common in Bangalore) it starts to play from the begining of the song.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Jebs, I'm sure 1200/- must be coming with warranty document. Cause I got it installed at and by Blaupunkt guys for Rs 200 only.
Is it manufactured by Blaupunkt or just installed by Blaupunkt guys?
Its good for 200/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
hi team!!

I have a modulator of intex...bought a pendrive 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer...the modulator didnt seem to read the drive... i searched the net for checking whether there was a problem reading 4 GB & above drives... seems that some of the modulators dont read larger drives... almost gave up hope when i had a Euureka!!!

i formatted the drive from Ext format to FAT 32 and VOILA!!! it started reading the drive. now my entire collection is on one 8 GB and two 4 GB drives. bye bye CD storage and FM on long drives
Good move man, by the way for how much did you buy the Intex Modulator? And did it come with warranty?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 30th January 2010, 11:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

It is manufactured by someone else but Blaupunkt sells it under it's name (it will have Blaupunkt Part No.), which means that they officially support it. If anyone else is selling it for 1200 they must be ripping people off.

Last edited by DerAlte : 30th January 2010 at 11:31.
Old 30th January 2010, 12:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
It is manufactured by someone else but Blaupunkt sells it under it's name (it will have Blaupunkt Part No.), which means that they officially support it. If anyone else is selling it for 1200 they must be ripping people off.
Agreed. 1200 is too high for such a basic setup.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
hi team!!

now my entire collection is on one 8 GB and two 4 GB drives. bye bye CD storage and FM on long drives
Going thru this thread, i find mixed reviews of this FM modulator. actually read about it in a magazine called "digit" where it was reported to be a 'must have' for cars with out a USB compatible HU.
The dzire has one such HU and i felt it would be a good buy so need to ask sx4 lover and others using this devise.
Is the sound quality good? any rattles from the devise itself? Any disturbance?
IMO the other reliable alternative is a MP3 player with an aux cord to the HU.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:23   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
IMO the other reliable alternative is a MP3 player with an aux cord to the HU.
This is a better alternative.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...amplifier.html
Old 7th March 2010, 14:56   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I got this modulator for a friend whose Santro has a Cassette HU.

Before giving it to him,I wanted to test it.

when I inserted it into the cigar lighter port(stock) of my Versa ,the modulator did not power on, but after a couple of seconds,saw that the power led on the HU went off;checked that the ACC fuse(15A) had blown.Removed the damn thing,replaced the fuse and all was well.

Surprisingly,a day before the same modulator was tested in the cigar port of a stock BALENO and it worked.

wonder what the problem could be.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quite likely that ACC fuse was in a 'going going gone' state - Murphy's law. The second possibility is a short somehow, but looks unlikely. The modulator would have an internal fuse too, in the body of the plug that goes into the cigarette lighter socket.

Why the modulator was not powering on is a common problem with the blessed cigarette lighter sockets - bad contact due to poor tolerances in the plug. If you rotate the modulator in the socket, or take it out and put it back, the problem takes care of itself.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I got this modulator for a friend whose Santro has a Cassette HU.

Before giving it to him,I wanted to test it.

when I inserted it into the cigar lighter port(stock) of my Versa ,the modulator did not power on, but after a couple of seconds,saw that the power led on the HU went off;checked that the ACC fuse(15A) had blown.Removed the damn thing,replaced the fuse and all was well.

Surprisingly,a day before the same modulator was tested in the cigar port of a stock BALENO and it worked.

wonder what the problem could be.
These chinese stuff could be difficult at times. Good to hear that ALL IZ WELL in the end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks