Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 16:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I got this modulator for a friend whose Santro has a Cassette HU.

Before giving it to him,I wanted to test it.

when I inserted it into the cigar lighter port(stock) of my Versa ,the modulator did not power on, but after a couple of seconds,saw that the power led on the HU went off;checked that the ACC fuse(15A) had blown.Removed the damn thing,replaced the fuse and all was well.

Surprisingly,a day before the same modulator was tested in the cigar port of a stock BALENO and it worked.

wonder what the problem could be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Quite likely that ACC fuse was in a 'going going gone' state - Murphy's law. The second possibility is a short somehow, but looks unlikely. The modulator would have an internal fuse too, in the body of the plug that goes into the cigarette lighter socket.

Why the modulator was not powering on is a common problem with the blessed cigarette lighter sockets - bad contact due to poor tolerances in the plug. If you rotate the modulator in the socket, or take it out and put it back, the problem takes care of itself.
the problem was in the unit - the spring inside on which the fuse is mounted had broken and apparently shorted - got a replacement which powers on, mates with the the HU ,but the USB light does not come on - looks like I have to do away with this project which I took up for a friend's cause.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Which USB light did you expect to come on? On the HU?
Old 21st March 2010, 22:26   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which USB light did you expect to come on? On the HU?
When I plug the USB into a computer,it lights up(a small red LED) ; when I plug it into the modulator,it doesn't light up So I am presuming the drive is not being read by the modulator.The modulator just displays the set frequency,nothing else.
Old 22nd March 2010, 01:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

A-ha! Have you read the manual of the device? I had this locha in a similar device: the USB port on the modulator is meant ONLY to connect to a computer (for loading files), not read USB storage like pen-drives! Might just be the same problem with your device.

Edit: By the way, the device is a pen-drive or a portable hard-disk. USB is the port. The LED you mention is the indicator on the device, not on the port.

Last edited by DerAlte : 22nd March 2010 at 01:42.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:40   #65
BHPian

The L.E.D. on Pen Drive will light up for small time when you play anything off the USB and will remain off till the modulator re-access the connected pen drive for next buffer.

Its saying set frq. as you may not have selected a frequency on which it will broadcast.
use remote/modulator button to select one frequency, then tune your HU tuner to that frequency and enjoy.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

@ghpk-ji, "just displays the set frequency" = "just displays the frequency that has been set"!!!
Old 27th March 2010, 19:17   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A-ha! Have you read the manual of the device? I had this locha in a similar device: the USB port on the modulator is meant ONLY to connect to a computer (for loading files), not read USB storage like pen-drives! Might just be the same problem with your device.

Edit: By the way, the device is a pen-drive or a portable hard-disk. USB is the port. The LED you mention is the indicator on the device, not on the port.
Saheb,the device is meant to read from an sd card or a pen drive;it ultimately turned out that the device was not reading the usb-will be replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
The L.E.D. on Pen Drive will light up for small time when you play anything off the USB and will remain off till the modulator re-access the connected pen drive for next buffer.

Its saying set frq. as you may not have selected a frequency on which it will broadcast.
use remote/modulator button to select one frequency, then tune your HU tuner to that frequency and enjoy.
the issue was with the unit not reading the pen drive-let's see what the replacement unit teaches me

Last edited by vigsom : 27th March 2010 at 19:18.
Old 15th May 2010, 18:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Today had gone to my local electronic shop for some other purchase, but found this USB modulator available with him.
And the cost has reduced to Rs 225 now.
I asked him if there were any branded ones to be on a safer side he said only this was with him (Typical China Make), I thought what the heck its anyway cheap...

Tried it after coming home, works fine till now. Not sure how long it would stay even if it stays for one month i will be happy and get a new one.

Bottomline, The quality is really superb compared to what my expectation was. I was thinking for those who are complaining abt the USB attachment in the Figo thread why dont they buy this, atleast till it available with the dealers..
Old 17th June 2010, 09:27   #69
BHPian

Xingamazon, where did you get this device in chennai? Can you please give me the details so that I can also buy one. I have bought i10 Sportz that comes with OE HU which doesn thave USB. This I think is the cheapest way to play songs off the USB stick .
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:38   #70
BHPian

A bad experience.

I just purchased one from ebay for my old ford ikon, runs very well for about a min and then just hiss. I guess I got stuck with a lemon. Rs 200 including postage so not really cribbing. No warranty so could not be bothered.

The sound output is adequate for my purpose so I guess will just go to the store and pick up another one - this time after trying it out properly.
Old 12th July 2010, 23:30   #71
BHPian

Pagaria has fair quality vfm multimedia players starting from Rs 750 onwards, they seem to be chinese make but, its robust keeping in mind the amount spent. Higher versions offer Takara like sound quality. Pagaria supports mmc sd and pen drive, the ones rated above Rs 1200 has dvd/vcd compatibility, aux in, large display with bright illumination and heat sink component chassis.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:09   #72
BHPian

None of the FM modulators are offering good quality sound compared to a from a 320Kbps rated MP3 CD. All you can listen to a cheap quality music through these devices. Still interested?

Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!-fm_modulator_0.jpg

It starts from Rs.199 with free shipping

eBay India: Car FM Modulator/ FM Transmitter LOWEST PRICE (item 110546616709 end time 14-Jul-2010 00:46:25 IST)
Old 4th February 2011, 17:37   #73
BHPian

Re: Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!

Folks,

I'm planning to go on a long drive for the next 2 days. Can you pls let me know as to where I can get a MP3 FM modulator near Koramangala area in Bangalore. Please also let me know the address. I want to pick this up today evening.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th February 2011, 23:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshs View Post
Folks,

I'm planning to go on a long drive for the next 2 days. Can you pls let me know as to where I can get a MP3 FM modulator near Koramangala area in Bangalore. Please also let me know the address. I want to pick this up today evening.

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure which shop in koramangala will have it. Generally all car accessories shop might have it. I have seen it at many such places near marthahalli area.
Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 7th October 2011, 19:26   #75
BHPian

Bought one for 220 bucks off ebay.

Amazed - my SQ is very decent - no static, no disturbance. Also, no disconnection even on very bumpy roads.

Like others pointed out, if you switch off-switch on car, it'll start at the beginning of whatever track you're playing.

Even if it works for 3/4 months I'll be happy - full paisa vasool for less than a regular pizza!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks