Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 20:38   #91
BANNED

Re: Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Okay guys! I have a query and am hoping the experts should be able to help me. I have a FM Modulator that i had bought in 2009. My query is whether it will play files off a USB 3.0 32GB pen drive i am planning to buy from flipkart.

Just want to be ready for the new technology as my next laptop will definitely have USB3.0.

thanks in advance!
YES, of course it will. Because USB 3.0 is backward compatible with all previous versions like 2.0 and 1.1.
Essentially your new USB 3.0 pendrive will work will all existing old USB devices.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:42   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
YES, of course it will. Because USB 3.0 is backward compatible with all previous versions like 2.0 and 1.1.
Essentially your new USB 3.0 pendrive will work will all existing old USB devices.
How stupid of me to have asked such a question. Of course it would be backward compatible. Thanks agam.
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:42   #93
BHPian

Bought this:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_3847wt_1139

from Ebay today for Rs.499.

One of my friend is using it on the Scorpio and the SQ is decent he claims. Will post more details once I receive the item.
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

There are also other good looking ones available in the market, I have used them from 3 years and it does the job well. Price range starts from Rs.150/.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:24   #95
BHPian

Got the product delivered on Saturday! Exactly the same thing that was shown on the listing. It works like a charm and the noise is almost non-existent.
However, my much needed Aux input is not available on this device. I am cursing myself for forgetting about this while ordering!!
Am thinking of returning this item to the seller or giving it to another friend who has a GP Active and ordering one with an aux-in option.
Old 23rd August 2012, 04:39   #96

Old post but i just wanted to mention that , be carefull when you switch over from the fm modulator to say one of the local fm channels...There is a huge loss due to transmission and this causes very low output when compared to a regular fm channel transmission .....so mind you speakers and your eyes when switching Else dirt cheap especially if you still have an old car cassette player that you dont want to throw away but somehow wanted to add USB capability
# not for those who are after Sound Quality and just want something to listen to .
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiran13 View Post
... be carefull when you switch over from the fm modulator to say one of the local fm channels...There is a huge loss due to transmission and this causes very low output when compared to a regular fm channel transmission .....so mind you speakers and your eyes when switching ...
Err... What exactly were you trying to convey to us, @vkiran13?
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:29   #98

@DerAlte - i had tried two of these and both have a huge signal strength&quality loss and you really need to increase your volume way up . Suddenly if someone ( i have a 3yr old) switches to say one of the regular fm tranmissions while your driving you may be startled with the sudden loud music .
Old 5th September 2012, 13:32   #99

http://www.ebay.in/itm/WORLDTECH-FLE...item35bedb9a50

Recently bought this product after going through the reviews on team-bhp.com, for my grande punto active 2012 diesel version.

Pros: Easy to use, have a memory retain function thus starts the song where it had stopped, file& folder change, remote control, got both USB and auxilary support

Cons: The remote only functions when its very near the modulator (probably battery change is required), material is rather cheap but sturdy (i believe good enough for 500 bucks )
Old 5th September 2012, 15:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
Does this support the ipod ?
Old 5th September 2012, 18:06   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My guess is that it probably does not. iPod is not read as a generic USB mass storage device, and I would think that this device's capability extends only that far.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:07   #102
BHPian

I am using a cheap modulator (some chinese make) for 3 years now. It has a pen drive slot too. Happy that i did not have to change my good old Pioneer casette player!
Old 5th September 2012, 20:43   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Tried it with sony walkman MP3, works great !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
My guess is that it probably does not. iPod is not read as a generic USB mass storage device, and I would think that this device's capability extends only that far.
It comes with an auxilary cable, which fits into the headphone slot of the media player, and then transmits the sound into the set frequency. So I think it should work with iPod too.
Old 5th September 2012, 23:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
It comes with an auxilary cable, which fits into the headphone slot of the media player, and then transmits the sound into the set frequency. So I think it should work with iPod too.
Yes, that way it will definitely work!! Used in that way, it is no different from any other mp3 player or phone. All it does is send an audio signal via the aux cable, that is then transmitted over radio waves.

But I don't think that's what the question meant? I think the question was more on the lines of "iPod support", as is mentioned on specific HUs, where they have proper support for the iPod over USB, and not over aux-in cable.
Old 6th September 2012, 13:10   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Yes, that way it will definitely work!! Used in that way, it is no different from any other mp3 player or phone. All it does is send an audio signal via the aux cable, that is then transmitted over radio waves.

But I don't think that's what the question meant? I think the question was more on the lines of "iPod support", as is mentioned on specific HUs, where they have proper support for the iPod over USB, and not over aux-in cable.
Ohh that way.......No there is no mention of iPoD support specifically on the product. And as you mentioned earlier, highly unlikely too...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks