Team-BHP - Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/49403-wireless-fm-modulator-sd-card-usb-capability.html)

Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!-dsc01090.jpg

Came across this very interesting product product while trying to find a cable/jack for the aux-in port in the HU.

This product supports pen drive, ipods and sd card. The pen drive or the card can be fixed to the product and then this can be then plugged in the cigarette lighter of the car.

PEN DRIVE/SD CARD PORT
Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!-dsc01092.jpg

Then turn the car stereo on and tune the frequency the same as the frequency this product has been set on. (for eg. if the products frequency is 106 make the car stereo frequency also 106)

The product acts like a FM transmitter and the song thats running in the product will be played by the car stereo. It also has a remote to change/pause songs.

PROS - very good if your car stereo doesnt have a pen drive port or aux in port, very clear transmission, the remote is helpfull, also has an aux in port so can run ipods too

CONS - runs on cigarette lighter power so if u dont have one in the car, cant use it

MAKE - No name, was told its Taiwanese

GAUARANTEE - have got 1 year gaurantee in written

PRICE - 650/-Rs (after bargaining), but believe it will be cheaper in Delhi

these have been around since quite a few years! i have personally disliked fm modulators. they truncate almost all frequencies and make the car stereo sound taxi like. at 650 rupees its a steal but remember, this is your source! if the quality of your source is bad, then theres no point having expensive equipment.

Does it really work?
I wouldnt mind buying one since the HU does not support USB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1063625)
if the quality of your source is bad, then theres no point having expensive equipment.

I totally agree with you on the above but the fact is that the quality of reception and transmission is excellent. Infact i feel the quality is a bit better than when you burn a CD and then listen to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1063943)
Does it really work?
I wouldnt mind buying one since the HU does not support USB.

Well i was very apprehensive before buying it as i dont trust chinese/taiwanese stuff much. But since i also didnt have an HU with USB i went for it and also i was getting 1 yr gaurantee so I thought why not.

Its working very well, absolutely no problem with the calrity. Infact the area it covers is about 100 feet , so if other cars tune in the same frequency, can listen to the songs you playing. In short you have yout own FM channelclap:. The only problem i face is that you cant make folders in your pen drive for various types of songs as it will only read one folder. And it only reads mp3 and wma files.

But i have a feeling this stuff may get banned in India soon.

A product we have discussed about more than a year back. But one which did not catch favor due to the lack of quality of the music provided!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 1064254)
...The only problem i face is that you cant make folders in your pen drive for various types of songs as it will only read one folder. And it only reads mp3 and wma files.

But i have a feeling this stuff may get banned in India soon.

It reads all files in the way it sorts it out and one really has to search one after another for any specific song. This lead me to buy my second modulator which had a remote so that I can flip thru songs.

And, Deky, why do you think this one will be banned?

@ deky: I am surprised that you say the sound quality is good, cos when I have used it in my own car and in others too, I have noticed that the sound quality is real bad. The amount of treble and bass it is able to transmit is limited as though you are listening to AM radio station. I have tried several different makes and models but the same output, just might be cos I haven't come across something that is of the quality of the one you are using.

My colleague bought the same product off ebay for Rs,800/-, it was white in color, although black looks better. When we tried it out in a friend's Safari, the sound quality was fine, considering how little he had to pay to acquire it.

I plan on getting one of these sometime soon, specially when some long trip is due.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_know (Post 1064418)
... I have noticed that the sound quality is real bad....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1064390)
...did not catch favor due to the lack of quality of the music provided!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1063625)
...make the car stereo sound taxi like. ...

+1 to the above. I used it in my Gypsy and can safely say that the sound quality is REAL bad. Also, on bad roads the modulator kinds of shakes in the lighter slot and the slightest of jerks causes it to reset.

However, costing just ~600 odd bucks, it is a STEAL and a boon where one doesn't have a USB HU.

My friend had one bought from the US and I found the quality of music real bad when played through the USB FM transmitter.

have one lying in the glove box since 2 years, had brought it from Saudi.
Just used it once, and never again.Not suitable for india road conditions , one jerk and you loose the track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1064390)
And, Deky, why do you think this one will be banned?

I might be completely wrong here but since, I dont think FM transmittors are allowed in India untill and unless u have a license to transmit, I said it will be banned. As now i can record whatever I want to, moove it to a pen drive and transmitt. Whosoever happens to stumble on that particular frequency (within 100 feet) will be able to listen to whatever is transmitted on air by me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_know (Post 1064418)
@ deky: I am surprised that you say the sound quality is good, cos when I have used it in my own car and in others too, I have noticed that the sound quality is real bad. The amount of treble and bass it is able to transmit is limited as though you are listening to AM radio station. I have tried several different makes and models but the same output, just might be cos I haven't come across something that is of the quality of the one you are using.

After reading all this about the poor sound quality I just went to the car and checked the sound and its not bad, really!!! infact its as good as listening to a CD. Maybe i got lucky here!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogisays0909 (Post 1064470)
have one lying in the glove box since 2 years, had brought it from Saudi.
Just used it once, and never again.Not suitable for india road conditions , one jerk and you loose the track.

Never happened till now, well atleast with me!!! Maybe lucky againclap:

Well, I bought an FM transmitter of HCL brand for Rs 899 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it. Sound quality is not bad, but I need to increase the volume to twice the normal setting for a CD.
The only issue I have with it is when I pass near high tension electric wires, I get a brier 'Brrrrr' sound.

I will try to find one tommorow:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 1062756)
Attachment 72553

Came across this very interesting product product while trying to find a cable/jack for the aux-in port in the HU.

This product supports pen drive, ipods and sd card. The pen drive or the card can be fixed to the product and then this can be then plugged in the cigarette lighter of the car.

PEN DRIVE/SD CARD PORT
Attachment 72554

Then turn the car stereo on and tune the frequency the same as the frequency this product has been set on. (for eg. if the products frequency is 106 make the car stereo frequency also 106)

The product acts like a FM transmitter and the song thats running in the product will be played by the car stereo. It also has a remote to change/pause songs.

PROS - very good if your car stereo doesnt have a pen drive port or aux in port, very clear transmission, the remote is helpfull, also has an aux in port so can run ipods too

CONS - runs on cigarette lighter power so if u dont have one in the car, cant use it

MAKE - No name, was told its Taiwanese

GAUARANTEE - have got 1 year gaurantee in written

PRICE - 650/-Rs (after bargaining), but believe it will be cheaper in Delhi

Deky, what HU are you using? And is there any amp connected to the HU?
Because I have a feeling that this transmitter might work well with HU's not running on an amp.
Since the amp will also amplify the distortion and whining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1064743)
Well, I bought an FM transmitter of HCL brand for Rs 899 a couple of months ago, and am happy with it. Sound quality is not bad, but I need to increase the volume to twice the normal setting for a CD.
The only issue I have with it is when I pass near high tension electric wires, I get a brier 'Brrrrr' sound.

If your HU has source level adjustment (SLA) for your input, increase it and try. My Pioneer HU has it as SLA on the menu system.