Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 12:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Its a game of tuning.Sealed box's have tighter kick,and better blending power.Ported are more preferred for boomy setups or loud spl setups (genrally)
Totally incorrect bro. Ported box can easily tuned for tighter kick, and have good blending power.

You need to update yourself bro !!!

Quote:
The 700.1 is rated as
175w X 2 @4ohm's
325w X 2 @2ohm's
650w X 1 @1ohm
So the compos are getting 325 rms each ?

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th December 2008 at 12:43.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Totally incorrect bro. Ported box can easily tuned for tighter kick, and have good blending power.

Cmon Sanyam, After Damping in the Box and the ID 1200.1, Sam's iDv3 kick insanely Hard. Infact if not told one can easily say that the subs are playing in sealed enviorment.

And after he has tuned them for the SQ part, they Blend perfectly.

Even My Myth about ported box was cleared after this. Whenever I ICE my Car(Fingers Crossed ), Ported will be the subs.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 14th December 2008 at 12:58.
Old 14th December 2008, 13:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Cmon Sanyam, After Damping in the Box and the ID 1200.1, Sam's iDv3 kick insanely Hard. Infact if not told one can easily say that the subs are playing in sealed enviorment.
Agreed, remember them on the Class D amps though? lol
Old 14th December 2008, 14:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:

Please re-read what i have written, just said how they sound.A ported box will never sound as tight as a sealed box.

Thanks for the update.
Old 14th December 2008, 16:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A ported box will never sound as tight as a sealed box.
Sorry to crap the thread but you are again wrong here there is no thumb rule for this.

The final output of the sub depends on lots of factors like driver, enclosure, port dia, length, wire used between amps and the sub, amp damping factor, HU tuning, crossover freq to name a few.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th December 2008 at 17:05.
Old 14th December 2008, 21:20   #81
BHPian

Now Pics of the HU, This completes the pics of my setup. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

@LBM: Can you keep the Sealed v/s Ported discussion to the appropriate thread PLEASE. I am not changing my subs to a sealed box, So these comments are not required.
Attached Thumbnails
My Getz ICE Setup-12102008.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-dsc00770.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-dsc00792.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-dsc00776.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-dsc00775.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-dsc00782.jpg  

Old 14th December 2008, 21:40   #82
BHPian

The first pic is of the old Jvc,upload some of the Kenwood HU so that we can drool a bit more.By the way how much did the new HU cost you?

Last edited by DjNik : 14th December 2008 at 21:43.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to crap the thread but you are again wrong here there is no thumb rule for this.

The final output of the sub depends on lots of factors like driver, enclosure, port dia, length, wire used between amps and the sub, amp damping factor, HU tuning, crossover freq to name a few.
The thumb rule never existed in audio it seems.Any one can tweak,change adjust thing according to personal liking,believes etc.Like you introducing finolex wire's in car audio.But there are certain global standards and trends that are better to be followed if you dont want to experiment.

Anyways, as per what i have experienced.Keeping all others factor the same.Take a ported box and a sealed box.And then compare,the sealed box play's tighter.
Old 14th December 2008, 23:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thumb rule never existed in audio it seems.Any one can tweak,change adjust thing according to personal liking,believes etc.Like you introducing finolex wire's in car audio.But there are certain global standards and trends that are better to be followed if you dont want to experiment.

Anyways, as per what i have experienced.Keeping all others factor the same.Take a ported box and a sealed box.And then compare,the sealed box play's tighter.

Like I said in my last post I would like to say again, Sorry for the off-topic stuff, I would request the mods to move this part of the discussion to the concerned thread..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...d-one-you.html

@sayam aka noidaboy -Why take all the parameter same ??? Anyways, still bro there is no rule that sealed will play tighter. Can you tell me in which rule book have you read it ?

@sam - Bro we are not at all discussing about your install we all are happy that you are enjoying it and we all happy to see that. Cheers and enjoy music.
Old 14th December 2008, 23:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to crap the thread ...
Quote:
The thumb rule never existed in audio ...
Quote:
... @sayam aka noidaboy -Why take all the parameter same ??? ...
LBM, noidaboy: This is Sam_786's Show off thread. It is quite inappropriate that you use this as a platform for sparring it out over an unrelated subject. The rest of us will not be able to respect or care about who is right and who is wrong. Please refrain.
Old 15th December 2008, 01:16   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LBM, noidaboy: This is Sam_786's Show off thread. It is quite inappropriate that you use this as a platform for sparring it out over an unrelated subject. The rest of us will not be able to respect or care about who is right and who is wrong. Please refrain.

I was about to say this my self,I dont want to spoil any thread.I dont want to prove thing around here.

Im happy for my friend's setup,and he is happy with his setupcheers:
Old 15th December 2008, 01:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

more pics of the yummmmmy head unit? ive always thought d-dins were never as impressive as s-dins when it comes to their sound quality, how does the kenny measure up to your expectations?

Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Visual & Navigation Systems | DDX8032BT

the specs make it look really competent, esp the 5v preouts!
how much did this cost you?

Last edited by frankmehta : 15th December 2008 at 01:28.
Old 15th December 2008, 01:52   #88

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
more pics of the yummmmmy head unit? ive always thought d-dins were never as impressive as s-dins when it comes to their sound quality, how does the kenny measure up to your expectations?

Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Visual & Navigation Systems | DDX8032BT

the specs make it look really competent, esp the 5v preouts!
how much did this cost you?
Its quite an upgrade from the JVC avx800.
It sounds really good.In the midst of all these features,its comforting to know that Kenwood hasnt sacrificed on sound quality,one of the common grouses usually present in other touchscreen hu's made by other manufacturers.

It retails for 60k and is sort of the top of the line hu from kenwood.It has 24 dac,time alignment,srs,surround control,and a lot of tuning options as well.
For someone who wants realy good sound quality but also wants to have touchscreen options,this is a really good head unit.One of the things that i liked about this hu was that it has a built in bluetooth and you can transfer your entire phonebook into the hu.Soyou actually dont need the phone while driving.You can view sms,type sms,call.take calls on this hu and you dont even need to look at the phone.
Its real vfm considering it has every feature possible.
Old 15th December 2008, 04:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sam i have loads of questions now lol

1. How much difference in SQ between SAX 265.20 and CXS (specially tweeter)

2. How much difference with upgrading to kenwood even though hellspawn has given us enough briefing on it, but always great to hear for the daily user.

3. Damping the plastic parts helps ? If yes would damping my Alto doorpads etc etc will help me reduce the rattles (all thanks to the subwoofer). This question is to all gurus.

4. Post the pics of the new HU in action or maybe if you r generous enough u can post a video I know noidaboy is good at making HU videos :=].

And that is one big 2 ch amp
Old 15th December 2008, 12:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Sam i have loads of questions now lol

1. How much difference in SQ between SAX 265.20 and CXS (specially tweeter)

2. How much difference with upgrading to kenwood even though hellspawn has given us enough briefing on it, but always great to hear for the daily user.

3. Damping the plastic parts helps ? If yes would damping my Alto doorpads etc etc will help me reduce the rattles (all thanks to the subwoofer). This question is to all gurus.

4. Post the pics of the new HU in action or maybe if you r generous enough u can post a video I know noidaboy is good at making HU videos :=].

And that is one big 2 ch amp
1. There is a hell lot of difference, The tweeters are more Warm and smooth, Moreover the SAX has a metal midbass and i find that a Bit slow, The ID CXS midbass is fast and has lot of bass, You switch the subs off and you have enough bass from the front end to shake the doors.

2.The JVC was not doing justice to my setup, infact i will tell you When we had installed the JVC the tweeters were playing very very soft, The treble from them was very less. and then we tuned the setup for more treble. But when the Kenwood set in, on the same tuning the tweeters got back treble and infact so much treble than we had to again re-tune it. There is no comparison between the avx800 and the kenwood 8032BT

3. In my case it does, when you have two iDv3's in a ported box producing 151.2+ dB

4.Will do for sure, The UI in this is amazing, will ask noidaboy to make one video, but these days noidaboy is busy taking pics of his angel eyes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks