Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 11:59   #16
BHPian

Hi Fidaford, I noticed that you have a temperature gauge/clock on your dash, did that come inbuilt in the car or did you get it installed ?
Old 1st December 2008, 12:08   #17
BHPian

Ok guys thank you for the replies.

I enquired with my local ICE shop and he said that the JBL 608 comp is for 4300 INR.

The price is without Bill warranty.

Should I go for this component speaker and connect the 2 channels to them and other 2 channels to the amp?

OR

Should I opt for a good HU like alpine?
What would be the price of a 2 pre-out Alpine HU?

MY budget---8000

Even if I opt for comp speakers ---4300

I have 4k in hand so what would I get in exchange foe my existing HU?

Will I get a Alpine HU for around 5.5k?
Old 1st December 2008, 12:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Hi Fidaford, I noticed that you have a temperature gauge/clock on your dash, did that come inbuilt in the car or did you get it installed ?

The temp-clock gauge came as inbuilt in my car.
Why your car does not have it?
Old 1st December 2008, 12:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
I dont know of any Alpine HU that can be got for 5.5K even in grey.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Why only Alpine ? You can look at Kenwood/Pioneer. You will get good HU's with 2 pre-outs in 5-6k i think.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The temp-clock gauge came as inbuilt in my car.
Why your car does not have it?
Hmmmm well guess that's only provided on the "Fida edition", didn't see that as an option on any other Fiesta, definitely not in the 1.6S and not in the SXI too.

Does the temp gauge show the outside and inside temperature ? In other words do you have the option of toggling between the two ?
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:56   #22
BHPian

Well the older Fiesta's had the temp-clock gauge,it is present in my 1.6 Sxi(2007 model) and it shows only the outside temperature.

Last edited by yogi1771 : 2nd December 2008 at 01:59.
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys thank you for the replies.

I enquired with my local ICE shop and he said that the JBL 608 comp is for 4300 INR.

The price is without Bill warranty.

Should I go for this component speaker and connect the 2 channels to them and other 2 channels to the amp?

OR

MY budget---8000

Even if I opt for comp speakers ---4300

Alpines are not available at that price, even in the grey market.
Exchange price for the stock HU is useless.

Just a suggestion, get a Pioneer HU with 3 pre outs without B&W.

Get the JBL Components. These two should come within 10-12 thousand.

Connect the front channels of the HU to the front channels of the Amp.
Connect the Subwoofer channels to the rear channels of the amp.

drive the front components using the front out from the amp.
bridge the Rear out from the amp to drive the subwoofer.

Later on you can get a pair of 6X9 oval rear speakers and drive them directly from the head unit, or get a 2 ch amplifier at a reasonable price and drive the rear.

Last edited by XetaGLGRocks : 2nd December 2008 at 13:58.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:20   #24
BANNED

Mate dont think of buying Alpine n other high end HU's they will spoil your budget, first thing is that Ford came with some very basic setup so you need to replace all 4 Nippon spekers along with HU(biggest culprit in setup), retain the speker wirings, just buy Pioneer 5050 HU, 5x7" components, 5x7 coxails for rear or components will also do if you have the budget along with good quality wiring kit and you are done, JBL and Boston Acoustics makes that 5x7" spekers and its available in India.Do it as my friend is having similer setup in his Fusion excluding mono amp and woofer and he is quite happy.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:01   #25
BANNED

Sorry mate its not Boston Acoustics its Hertz but it costs 10+ just for components, ask your installed if he can fit 6" components with spacers in 5x7" stock space.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:18   #26
BHPian

Fiesta ICE, and the elusive JBL GTO8628

<Sorry for the long post - It's my first in the ICE section, and sometimes I tend to go overboard when I write!>

Greetings to the gurus and fellow members Been an avid follower/fan of the ICE section for a couple of years, but joined the forum only recently - and this is my first post in the ICE section! Have surely learnt a lot here - and would like to thank all the contributers before I go on to my question, especially Navin, LBM, Sam, and the others!

I am closing a deal on a pre-worshipped Fiesta 1.6 Sxi - yes, I can see some of you smiling already - and will receive it within a few days. Now that the chariot is finalized, we move on to the next most important decision - the ICE.

Needless to say, I'm on a strict budget (I know you will be disappointed, but cut me some slack - First car, that too, used!), and will be reusing some of my previous stuff.

I'm looking at replacing the stock HU - It would be a pain to carry around cd's for the changer. And although I love good sound reproduction, I'm no audiophile either. In fact, most of what I've learnt is from the gurus here, or from audio mags in the past.

So, the basic requirements are a double din cd receiver with USB (strictly for the looks) - should contain atleast 2 pairs of pre-outs, an HPF, and an option to quick browse / list folders. I have shortlisted the Pio 6050UB and the JVC XR616, both of which I can get at a nearby dealer at a great price.

Next, the 4-ch amp. I currently have a Sony 554 - Now, I know a Sony's not the way to go, but this was bought years ago, and has done duty in a few of our family cars. An upgrade is planned in the future, but as of now it'll have to do.

Next, the Sub. I use a JBL CS1215 in a custom ported box, tuned to about 30Hz - works well. It's not really loud or deep, and the Sony's not the best amp to drive it, but it fulfils my needs - at least until I can splurge on an upgrade!

Now we come to the speakers. Rear fills - Stock. Why - I mostly drive alone, and the rears will be powered off the HU anyway. With powered fronts and a Sub, I can leave the rears for now - we'll look at them in upgrade phase II!

The front is what I need help with. As you must know, the stock slots are a very american 5 x 7, and that really limits my options. No metal cutting allowed - which means I need to go with 5.25" components, or 5 x 7 comps / coaxials. The challenge? After the HU / car price / servicing and maintenance emergency amount I'm gonna keep aside - my budget is a strict 3-4 k.

I looked at the JBL GTO8628 - Nice coaxs, decent rms input, and a nice adjustable tweeter, which would help imaging. However, it is not readily available as it doesn't sell. I also looked at some components:

1) JBL GTO 507C - Seem to be a decent option. Will fit in using a spacer, but not sure of the price - both gray and with b/w. Please advise.

2) JBL GTO 608C - A forum favourite, and I can settle for the slightly bright sound. The -3db switch works like a charm! Quoted 6.7k with b/w - I feel it's too high.

3) JBL GT6 - S266C - Haven't auditioned. Are they worth it? Quoted 4.5k with b/w. At this price, I'm tempted.

4) Some other 5 x 7 coaxials from Kenwood/Alpine/JVC on their websites. Haven't checked availability or prices in the market though.

Also confused about whether 6.5" comps like 2,3 above would fit in without cutting.

Please advise on which front speakers to choose, and at what price - Also, if anyone can recommend where to source them from. I feel my neighborhood dealers quote much higher prices than what I see on the forum!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 7th April 2011, 07:45   #27
BANNED

Re: Fiesta ICE, and the elusive JBL GTO8628

If you need JBL GTO 8628, Contact Elegant Car accessories at Lajpat Nagar. I use them on my Fusion, They are pretty good.
Old 7th April 2011, 10:34   #28
BHPian

@Mustang.101 - Thanks. Will try it out. Can you give me a rough idea of the price I should expect (If possible, with and w/o bill)? I know that Elegant won't entertain w/o bill requests though!
Old 7th April 2011, 10:45   #29
BHPian

Gurus - No replies? I guess my ultra-long post is too much... lol! Let me just highlight the quick points here:

Need advice on front speakers for Fiesta. Will be running them off two channels from a Sony 554 amp (HPF'd at 80Hz) , with the rear two channels running a CS1215. Rear fills - stock; to be run by HU (Pio 6050UB finalized).

1) Is JBL GTO 8628 (5 x 7 coax) easily available? Where can I source them with and w/o b/w, and at what price?

2) JBL GTO608C and GT5-266C - Can they fit in using spacers without metal cutting? Again, what are the auth. as well as grey prices? How is the 266... I haven't heard them yet!

3) JBL GTO507C - Will 5.25" give me a good enough output?

My budget is strictly 4k for the fronts, and I am open to looking at other options apart from those above. Please advise...
Old 7th April 2011, 10:59   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
Gurus - No replies? I guess my ultra-long post is too much... lol! Let me just highlight the quick points here:

Need advice on front speakers for Fiesta. Will be running them off two channels from a Sony 554 amp (HPF'd at 80Hz) , with the rear two channels running a CS1215. Rear fills - stock; to be run by HU (Pio 6050UB finalized).

1) Is JBL GTO 8628 (5 x 7 coax) easily available? Where can I source them with and w/o b/w, and at what price?

2) JBL GTO608C and GT5-266C - Can they fit in using spacers without metal cutting? Again, what are the auth. as well as grey prices? How is the 266... I haven't heard them yet!

3) JBL GTO507C - Will 5.25" give me a good enough output?

My budget is strictly 4k for the fronts, and I am open to looking at other options apart from those above. Please advise...
1. the 8628 is a 8x6 not a 5x7 speaker.

2. The 608 and 266 will fit with a spacer, I have not heard these 2 specific models but the last time I heard GT5 and GTO speakers I prefered the GT5 speakers (even though they are cheaper). However I prefer a laid back sound to something very bright.

3. The 608/266 will produce more bass than the 507. But if you have a subwoofer then you can crossover the 507 @ 80-100hz and you will be ok. The 608/266 could be XOed lower i.e. 60-80Hz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks