Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
hello friends
just a little update i purchased havells 25mm2 wire, lenght 6 meters and 2 meters polycab wire, the former will power the amplifier from the positive terminal of the battery and the latter 2 meter peice will be used to ground the amplifier to the body of ....... so could not compare the two othrewise i would have purchased the 2 meter peice from havells also, nevertheless the shopkeeper charged quite a premium on the havells wire, thats killing me but atleast i got a good wire sigh!
they would be the same it is just the strands fom which the wire is made maybe of differnt size. Also I think the Havells might have thicker insulation than the polycab. Both the brands are equally good and maitin there standards. Also these cable are fire proof they do not catch fire.

Quote:
hello friends
my queries are neverending, sigh! anyway one more question, there is a remote wire which runs from th..........oo with insulation, if i take off the insulation it will be like half the thickness of a maggie noodle, lolz so should i change it or leave it just like that??

Ya the remote is just a signal wire even a thin wire will work but make sure it nust be a good one. Like 0.75 mmsq will also work.
Old 5th December 2008, 13:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

can anyone actually list out the good 2 channel amps selling in india at the moment?
Old 5th December 2008, 14:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
can anyone actually list out the good 2 channel amps selling in india at the moment?
They would be a very few, major ones will be 4-ch and Mono`s..

What budget anyways ?
Old 10th March 2009, 13:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the prompt reply friend, i hav tried looking everywhere for finolex but they are not availabe in 4 gauge sizes, please kindly tell me that whether the 25mm2 wire will suffice for powering these 2 amps
4 awg = 25 sq mm.... so you are all the time searching for 4awg wires not realizing that they are the same ones...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks