Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 16:57   #1
BHPian

JVC AVX 44 : iPhone Compatibility?

Does anyone have a way to make the iphone work with the AVX series? I have an AVX 44 Single DIN and while I can charge the iphone through the USB cable, I can't access any music from it. This is quite saddening and I am desperate to find a solution to access my music from iphone.

Pls. help!
Old 4th December 2008, 17:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Everyone seemed to be out of stock for the KS-U20 A/V cable required for video playback. I substituted [COLOR=#003399]Apple Composite AV Cable- MB129LL/A[/COLOR] and it works fine (although $10 more).
Hope you are using the right cable for the connection. Also, most internet reviews suggest that the interface is slow, hope you are not plugging in to see instant recognition, this may take time.

One other way, try using your iPod rather than the iPhone and see if everything works. The sales site (Amazon, Crutchfield) mention that it won't play DRM restricted music (music purchased from the iTunes store). May not be entirely correct but may be worth looking into.
Old 5th December 2008, 14:43   #3
BHPian

ipod works fine. Its the iphone that causes the problem. Im looking for someone who's figured a workaround out
Old 15th December 2008, 14:21   #4
abk
BHPian

Hi ScrewDriva, have you found a resolution to this problem yet? Even I was surprised to see that an iPOD (at least iPOD video) behaves differently from iphone (at least gen 1, jail broken, 1.1.4).
Old 15th December 2008, 21:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Does anyone have a way to make the iphone work with the AVX series? I have an AVX 44 Single DIN and while I can charge the iphone through the USB cable, I can't access any music from it. This is quite saddening and I am desperate to find a solution to access my music from iphone.

Pls. help!
The ipod works,but the iph wont.I tried it on a AVX 800 no luck.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:08   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Put the iphone in airplane mode and try again. Should work. But then you loose out on calls and messages. Tough choice.

Does the JVC AVX 44 have an aux in?
Old 29th June 2009, 12:31   #7
BHPian

Thats horrible!

Why would the manufacturer do that - design a system that works with an iphone turned on off!

No Aux in - just a USB in :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks