Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Query: Upgraded to Jbl 1205T/GT5-A604

Hi,

I just added a JBL 1205T bass tube and GT5-A604 4 channel amp recently in my Verna. The amp powers the front 607c components and the bass tube.
The HU is a Pioneer 7950 UB which directly powers the GTO 937 coaxials at the rear. The bass however seems lacking the punch. I tried the GT5-1204BR also but not impressed by its initial performance so I fixed the bass tube in comparison.
I can somehow change the bass tube setup if required so pls dont bump me as I have already done the installation.

Pls tell me if this setup is ok if more performance can be extracted from this WRT tuning etc.

BTW I got this( Amp + BT + Wiring kit) in exchange of my Alloy wheels which I had used for ~ 3 months PLUS Rs 5500 Is this a good deal?.
Old 5th December 2008, 19:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

How was the installer? Are the gains and X over frequencies set correctly? Also, there is a 3 way switch in the amp to select high pass, low pass and off. For the sub channel, it should be set at low pass and the X over should be set at approx 100 Hz - 120 Hz. You can also try increasing the gain of the sub channel in the amp.
Old 5th December 2008, 19:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, dinu's said everything I'd say. Do let us know Prass.
Old 5th December 2008, 20:03   #4
BHPian

Isn't the bass tubes haul a bit compared to the Box setup ? I think box is always better. Correct me if I am wrong here.
Old 5th December 2008, 23:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
How was the installer? For the sub channel, it should be set at low pass and the X over should be set at approx 100 Hz - 120 Hz. You can also try increasing the gain of the sub channel in the amp.
Well the installer initially connected the BT to the front channels bridged seeing the + and - channels marked just above the Front speakers out, thereby missing the bass boost setting which is available only to the rear speakers out. I made him connect it properly the next day.

Quote:
For the sub channel, it should be set at low pass and the X over should be set at approx 100 Hz - 120 Hz. You can also try increasing the gain of the sub channel in the amp.
Yes, this was done in the mean time and there was improvement, also the speaker wire to the BT was changed to a better one. But the bass is not hitting .

Do you think A604 is too under powered to drive the BT

Amp-A604: 160W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (Rear bridged Channel)
BT-CS1205T : 275W RMS @ 4 ohms
Old 6th December 2008, 09:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

I had this setup before I upgraded. I had the A604 driving the sub initially. I would not say the bass was not hitting. It is not underpowered, though it may not give the performance of a monoblock. I feel a good installer should be able to tune it and get the desired output. The very fact that he connected to the front channels show that he is probably not competent. Have you also checked the switch that I mentioned? Is it kept at "low pass"?

Also check settings on the HU. I don't know about this HU. Check whether the sub out is taken. Check whether the X over is set correctly in the HU. There could be many reasons.

You can also try keeping the BT in the rear seat to rule out the possibility of bass getting drowned out inside the boot for some reason.

The A604 can definitely drive the BT well.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:50   #7
BHPian

This should be mainly because the Bass getting drowned off in the closed boot of the Verna. Some Porting on your rear deck should solve this i guess.

I had the same problem in My Dzire, I switched to JBL 75.4 and i should say that there was a great improvement on the SQ and punch.

By the way which installer in TVM???
Any way the A 604 should power the 1205T decently.
I dont think you will get good set of wiring kits from any of the installers in TVM.
Old 7th December 2008, 18:02   #8
BHPian

Hi Thanks for all your suggestions

Had a fine tuning last day and now the SQ has improved and sounds good.

Quote:
Have you also checked the switch that I mentioned? Is it kept at "low pass"?

Check whether the X over is set correctly in the HU. There could be many reasons.
Yup Dinu it was tried ie SUB in LP at the Amp, but there is more of a boom in the o/p, dont know why http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...n%20stupid.gif
Now, Front channels in HPF and BT in Flat at the Amp level. Crossover set at HU level for the Sub. And all of these was done by the tuner on his own and i never interfered, to let him listen and tune.
The end result was my friend slowly fell to sleep while Metallica played, for the same song he was restless initially http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan View Post
By the way which installer in TVM???
Any way the A 604 should power the 1205T decently.
I dont think you will get good set of wiring kits from any of the installers in TVM.
Done at M0t0R P1aza , yes the wiring was a BOSS one. I am planning for an upgrade in near future with the proper bells and whistles.

I was told that dampening will make a difference and I would like to do it on my front doors. Can I source Noisekill in TVM, any idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks