Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 21:08   #1
BHPian

help me to buy a 2 channel amplifier?

hello friends,
i have decided to buy another amplifier for my ride, i have already got a monoblock(jbl) ,now im looking for a 2 channel amp to power the front components, my budget is 6 k max maybe a little more if i can get something better, now the choices are
1) jbl gto 752 or gto 1004(this is a 4 channel amp but whats the price diference between these two?)
2) pioneer GM-3300T or GM-5300T(whats the price difference)
3)alpine MRP-T222
4) any other ?
i dont know how much they cost, if any of you guys have any idea about the prices do let me know about their individual prices please,kindly advise which one to buy and which one has the best sound quality according to you guys
Old 6th December 2008, 23:16   #2
BHPian

one update how about a jbl gto 504 4 channel amp , using all 4 channels into bridged mode as two channels , how about that????
Old 6th December 2008, 23:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the gto 504. 1004 will cost you almost double your budget and the 752 isnt available and thats a shame! pioneers are good but the 504 will cost about 7-8k brand new but its worth it! btw your handle makanaka is really musical dude.. i keep repeating it lol!
Old 11th December 2008, 09:31   #4
BHPian

frankmehta isnt the jbl gto 752 available at delhi? did u meant that it was temporarily out of stock or is it not launched here at india, kindly elaborate as im very inclined towards buying this amplifier
Old 12th December 2008, 16:15   #5
BHPian

anyone please, isnt the jbl gto 752 available at delhi?
Old 12th December 2008, 16:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

nope AFAIK GTO752 is not officially available in India..
Old 13th December 2008, 20:50   #7
BHPian

thanks for all your replies friends but i am still in a dilemma, is there any 2 channel amplifier which gives out somewhere near 70-75 rms, so that the components will be well fed with power, i have a monoblock so i just need this amplifier to power the components, the one thing which is a must is that it should be a sq amplifier, i will rephrase my question a bit, which is a good sq 2 channel amplifier in the range of 8000-10000?
Old 13th December 2008, 21:01   #8
BHPian

I think your best choice should be a Jbl 1004 if you ever intend to put rear speakers if not you can get the Baupunkt Gta 280.
Old 13th December 2008, 21:42   #9
BHPian

Get out of the brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
thanks for all your replies friends but i am still in a dilemma, is there any 2 channel amplifier which gives out somewhere near 70-75 rms, so that the components will be well fed with power, i have a monoblock so i just need this amplifier to power the components, the one thing which is a must is that it should be a sq amplifier, i will rephrase my question a bit, which is a good sq 2 channel amplifier in the range of 8000-10000?
There are more brands avaialble in india that the ones you have mentioned, which are high power and are able to serve you for years without any trouble, check out some shops if you could find polk amps or go for sound barrier amplifier systems , available in both the modes .
They don`t cost much so you save high on initial cost and you could invest in dual wiring for the amp.
I have one for my bass tube which costed me 4000 bucks and the bass is just amazing. Go for sound barrier if you could get one.
Old 13th December 2008, 22:20   #10
BHPian

Are sound barrier any good?Plz if the gurus could shed some light.
Old 13th December 2008, 22:47   #11
nitin.dangayach

Hey, I'd love to get polks. Any idea of their availability and pricing in gurgaon?

Old 13th December 2008, 23:16   #12
BHPian

now as far as i know and no disrespect to you or your amplifier my friend, sound barrier is not a good amplifier, i mean kind of a local type and definitely not a sq amplifier, i have heard one in a maruti 800 with pioneer speakers and head unit , it was a 4 channel amplifier if i remember correctly and i thought that even my sony was much much better than that, i mean in clarity and quality, now as far as i have read on net polk audio have got great amplifiers and speakers too, i am not sure about their components though because i have seen a lot of people here complaining about them being bright, i have used their speakers in my home theatre system and they are not bright at all, i think that they are very good, so i would not mind using their amplifier, presuming that it is as good as their home theatre products but i know this is no parameter for comparing 2 products, i think i will give it a listen before i get one , if i do at all, what about the prices and any model number????

Most Viewed