Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 06:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I think you get after market DASH kit to resolve the 2-din,1-din issue.And do check the size of your stock speakers in advance if a speaker upgrade is lined up.
i guess the the after market kit does not have an aux output like the one you get in the standard figment(SXi).
the front speaker is a messy work and getting oval speakers for front is a cumbersome work i guess!!i think they are 5x7" !!
Old 10th December 2008, 10:45   #17
BHPian

hi ariendj

My ford fiesta speakers were very good indeed - for a stock set, they gave good performance. Even the HU gave seamless playback and clarity was the feature that stood out.Actually, the nice experience that I had in the ford was what prompted me to go in for even more!. I don't know about the new MP3 player they are offering in the new fords though.As I said I have a ACD Player with 6CD Changer in dash.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
... the kit they provide (4 ford speakers with kenwood 339 and antenna). ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I think you get after market DASH kit to resolve the 2-din,1-din issue. ...
Quote:
i guess the the after market kit does not have an aux output like the one you get in the standard figment(SXi).
the front speaker is a messy work and getting oval speakers for front is a cumbersome work i guess!!i think they are 5x7" !!
The 'kit' that you have referred to in your posts, and the one that @noidaboy is referring to are completely different, arien?! A 'dash kit' is a mechanical adapter to make a different HU blend in to the dashboard. It is not an HU by itself.

Also, 5x7 speakers are neither difficult to get, nor a problem to replace. Of course, @ascertain seems to be quite happy with the stock 5x7s.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

@ascertain
what have you decided regarding the HU and speakers??????
Old 10th December 2008, 18:09   #20
BHPian

hey frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
@ascertain
what have you decided regarding the HU and speakers??????
My god!- the sea of options has opened up now.But I guess I will do the following-
1)First of all find out if there are any good car interior modifications people in Bangalore (to be honest, I think Chennai has more professional people, so I have to drive my way all through to Chennai from Mysore). If you know of any good, reliable establishment in Bangalore, it would be a great help.
2)Once I talk to those people, I will see about getting the HU (after their assessment too), Now I have shortlisted 2 models. a) Pioneer DEH- P7050 BT (Single DIN) & b) Pioneer FH P6050UB (2 DIN). If those guys can assure a good job with the Single din itself, I'll go along with that.
3)I will also replace the 5x7 speakers in the front. I think this sound engineer in Chennai has some brand that he recommends, and He is quite high rated too.
4) Drive my way back shouting -"wooooo!" all the way to mysore.

What do you think?
Old 10th December 2008, 18:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
3)I will also replace the 5x7 speakers in the front. I think this sound engineer in Chennai has some brand that he recommends, and He is quite high rated too.
4) Drive my way back shouting -"wooooo!" all the way to mysore.

What do you think?
You'll get one helluva sore throat

Jokes apart, please follow the TBHP ICE recommendation if you can:
- listen to as many systems as you can to know what is good or bad for you
- trust your own ears (and what is in between) only to decide what is best for you

Strange, most people from TN seem to prefer Bangalore to get interior work done. Must be closer for them than Chennai.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The 'kit' that you have referred to in your posts, and the one that @noidaboy is referring to are completely different, arien?! A 'dash kit' is a mechanical adapter to make a different HU blend in to the dashboard. It is not an HU by itself.

Also, 5x7 speakers are neither difficult to get, nor a problem to replace. Of course, @ascertain seems to be quite happy with the stock 5x7s.
thanks for correcting me on that.
btw which 5x7" speakers are we talking about.i talked to a local accesory shop and seems they say that it might not fit in unless used along with a clamp!!
and one more thing,is it possible to fit JBL937 6x9" speakers at the rear tray!
Old 11th December 2008, 10:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Blaupunkt, Infinity, JBL, Alpine, Polk, Kicker, ...

Can't relate to what the accessory shop guy is saying, unless he thinks he is fitting a 5x7 in the place of a 6.5" round. If there is a provision for 5x7 speakers, one would expect simple direct screw fitting. Perhaps others with Ford cars can confirm that?

5x7 speakers are no slouches when it comes to the lower end, so it would be preferable to add a sub instead of 6x9s. If your question is about whether they can be fitted mechanically, if the rear tray has provision for 5x7 or 6.5", it should be possible to fit 6x9 using MDF spacers.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:19   #24
BHPian

5X7 are a direct fit to the fiesta and it's better to have the 5X7 than the 6.5" in the front as the speaker grill on the door is presicley made for it. 5X7 Speakers are indeed hard to find here, if you cant source one you would have to settle for 5.25"
Old 11th December 2008, 11:46   #25
BHPian

fitters

I am going to go with JBL GTO527 or Blau THx572 speakers for the front. Rear end speakers are for later on. Have to do the audition and then pick. Any suggestions for other brands?. Also the crucial wiring part, can you suggest good brands (should accommodate my wallet too). I am hearing good reviews about some guys from Bangalore who do good works-
Auto Fusion
TMC Electronics (Who is also the recognized service for Blaupunkt)
Are these the places I should be going to for The ICE?,Do remember that I also have to get my centre console modified for the new HU. Or Can you suggest someone?
If I can get the job done in Bangalore, nothing like it- saves me 400 Km of Travel. The sound engineer in Chennai said he really couldn't recommend any good guys in Bangalore.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
5X7 are a direct fit to the fiesta and it's better to have the 5X7 than the 6.5" in the front as the speaker grill on the door is presicley made for it. 5X7 Speakers are indeed hard to find here, if you cant source one you would have to settle for 5.25"

which speakers have you put in sathee46?. Also- the HU looks cool. Did you have a problem with the 2DIN vs 1DIN issue as well?. What made you select the 2DIN?. Also where did you get the works done?Are you satisfied with the job?
Old 11th December 2008, 12:22   #27
BHPian

I have used Infinity Kappa 680.9cs 5X7 speakers, but i had them brought down from the US. I went in for a 2 DIN because the car originally came with a 2 DIN.

The enclosure for the HU was custom made, and the installation was done in GP Road chennai. I'm very much happy with it!!

P.S. What budget do you have for the components?

Last edited by sathee46 : 11th December 2008 at 12:23.
Old 11th December 2008, 12:32   #28
BHPian

budget

sathee46,

I have fixed a budget of Rs.17000-20000 for the ICE as of now, rest over a 10 month period. Initially I'll get a HU (the models I have mentioned in earlier posts) and front speakers.

I was suggested one Mr.Mark ,sound engineer in Chennai- do you know him?. I was thinking of going there- unless you know of any really good guys that you would recommend in Bangalore.

Your HU's touch sensitive?. How much did the speakers and HU come to in INR?
Old 11th December 2008, 16:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
i was planning for 5x7" for front and 6x9" for rear tray!!
btw would the 5.25" fit in the front door??how!!

Quote:
I am going to go with JBL GTO527 or Blau THx572 speakers for the front.
how are you planning to fix those GTO527 speakers in front?
Old 11th December 2008, 17:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
sathee46,

I have fixed a budget of Rs.17000-20000 for the ICE as of now, rest over a 10 month period. Initially I'll get a HU (the models I have mentioned in earlier posts) and front speakers.

I was suggested one Mr.Mark ,sound engineer in Chennai- do you know him?. I was thinking of going there- unless you know of any really good guys that you would recommend in Bangalore.

Your HU's touch sensitive?. How much did the speakers and HU come to in INR?
I was to install either the JBL or the Illusion 5.25" components if i didn't get the infinity speakers. Adding an amp would be good for the components. There are many good installers in bangalore , search a few threads you would come to know.

Yes the HU is touch sensitive, The speakers costed 10K and the HU costed 23K including installation and the enclosure

Quote:
would the 5.25" fit in the front door??how!!
The 5.25" would fit without any modification to the door panel.

Check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...jbl-setup.html

Most Viewed