Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 09:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

oh if its amazon then that is definitely genuine! congrats you got a steal!

Amazon.com: JBL Power Series P650c 6-1/2" component speaker system For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings: Electronics

theyre still available for anyone who wants to get them from usa. here's the link! go on and steal from amazon!

Last edited by frankmehta : 16th December 2008 at 09:11.
Old 17th December 2008, 02:58   #17
BHPian

Jbl - P650c

As all of you have advised for adding an amplifier to the front component JBL P650C, following are my question (might be very basic too)-

1. In simple words, 'sensitivity' determines how sensitve the spekers are to the power input. As far as I know, we can drive the speaker from a less powerful source (less that 15w RMS) when the sensitivity factor is => 90 DB. For this particulal speaker, the sensitivity factor is stated as 92 Db, then why not I can drive this from my Pio HU?

2. How much and in what respect (louder, more bass, more treeble) an amplifier will imrove the output?

3. What can be cheapest reasonable 4 channel amplifier of the shelf? I don't mind buying grey.

Thanks all of your help and suggestion so far, but need some more inputs.

Cheers
Old 17th December 2008, 08:48   #18
BHPian

You may run your speakers off your Hu but that doesnt do justice to the power series.Connect it to a good amp and they are going to be like a completely new set of speakers.
For your 4 channel amp you should look at the following-
Jbl Gto 504 8k
Kenwoood 8401 5-6K
Blau Gta4 MK II 6K
Old 18th December 2008, 18:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
You may run your speakers off your Hu but that doesnt do justice to the power series.Connect it to a good amp and they are going to be like a completely new set of speakers.
For your 4 channel amp you should look at the following-
Jbl Gto 504 8k
Kenwoood 8401 5-6K
Blau Gta4 MK II 6K
Hi Djnik,
Thanks for your suggestion. Now I'm seriously thinking of buying the Kenwood 8401 too, but need to strain my poor pocket a lot .

1) But, does anybody know if pioneer 3090 has pre-outs to connect with amplifier to power the front speakers?

2) also one installer said that for high end kind of setups where we are using one or more amplifier, capacitor is strongly recommended. But I'm absolutely clueless what can be the use of the capacitor here.

Anybody has some idea to help me on this? And what is the cost of capacitor?

Cheers
-----------

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks