Team-BHP - sub upgrade for verna
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   sub upgrade for verna (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/50413-sub-upgrade-verna.html)

well the upgrade bug has bitten me again.i have jvc avx 814 + 4 pio speekers in my verna and lately i have been thinking about adding a sub to this system for a little Bass in my car(mind u not BASS a Bass).budget arond 5000/-.is that enough?thanks.have heard much about jbl.:)

You'll be needing an amp + a sub.. JBL is a good choice except your budget is a little low. go in for a 2 channel amp + JBL sub in a sealed box and it would suffice.

JBL GT5-12 is a VFM sub. You can use a sealed box for tight bass. You will need at least a 2 channel amp for driving it. You have to increase your budget to around 10K. It would also be good to have some damping in the boot.

thanks everybody, will think about increase in budget.

what about jbl tube +amp=7000/- ????

Tube gives a more boomy bass. It depends on your listening preferences. I suggest you audition the tube and the sealed box before you decide.

what tube and amp is it? Brand, model no. etc please!

i will enquire n tell.........

Hi All,
Currently set up in my Verna is -
HU - Pio 3090 (basic with USB in front)
Front - JBL GTO 627 coaxial two way
Back - Sony 6X9 (forgot the model number)

Sub - Sony 12" with sony two channel amp.

Most of the time, I drive myself and hence thinking to upgrade the front speaker to a component one. Got a good deal in JBL Powe series P650 C (got it under Rs 5000) and bought that instantly. ( No amp is there though to drive them, will power them from the HU itself )

But, do I have to replace the back 6X9 also (may be with JBL 937) to get suffient improvement on SQ or replacing only the front to the above said compo will suffice? My budget is little on the tighter side. :Frustrati

Also, if I fit the compo in front, is damping mandatory to do on the front door?

Gurus, please help.

Regards
Bhatmaster

As you already have the sub, replace the 6*9s with the coax's and put the comps up front. Also, the Power series comps cry out for amplification. So would suggest sell the Sony 2 channel amp and get a decent 4 channel amp like JBL GT5 or Kenwood 8401 for around 5-6k. you will be really happy.

Leave the 6X9 in the rear for rear fill and get a good 4ch amp to drive the front components and the sub. This should give you a very decent overall sound quality. You might have to adjust the fader on the HU to reduce the sound from the 6X9 speakers at the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhatmaster (Post 1093355)
Got a good deal in JBL Powe series P650 C (got it under Rs 5000) and bought that instantly. ( No amp is there though to drive them, will power them from the HU itself )

How did you manage to those speakers at this price its Impossible for brand new ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjNik (Post 1094095)
How did you manage to those speakers at this price its Impossible for brand new ones.

I too am surprised. I heard it costs upwards of Rs 9000/-

either they are 2nd hand samples, or hes put the 608 series, or else they are the el fakeos!

can you post photos????

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1094353)
either they are 2nd hand samples, or hes put the 608 series, or else they are the el fakeos!

can you post photos????

I`m yet to get it in hand.Bascially managed to get the steal in US during thanks giving day discounts. Normal price was US$ 249 and I got it at $100 from Amazon ( so it in below Rs 5000).

Hopefully they don`t sell 2nd hand product labeled as brand new.