Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 22:57   #1
BHPian

ICE slow down ?

When the car market is going down what is the future of the ICE market. As we know car sales = ICE sales. Is any company is giving discount on their product ? I heard that SONY has removed many employee from their firm.
Old 13th December 2008, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not just ICE, but the business of after market accessories in general has gone down drastically.
Old 14th December 2008, 08:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it has. I guess the spending on high end ICE has come down significantly, ever more than the drop in car sales. This is what one of the leacing installers had to say.
Old 14th December 2008, 09:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
When the car market is going down what is the future of the ICE market. As we know car sales = ICE sales. Is any company is giving discount on their product ?...
I really don't think that the car market slow down will get the ICE industry to panic, yet. It is not only the new vehicles but also existing vehicles which are their customers; agreed that new vehicles might be a higher percentage of their works.

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
... I heard that SONY has removed many employee from their firm.
Yes, they are. The first news report said 8k employees, then a second one said 16k, of which 8k are permanent staff and another 8k (or higher) contract / temp employees. They are also closing down 10% of their factories world wide (around 5~6 units).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks