Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 15:28   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

OT - After the session, my drive back home was filled with 'upgradation' related thoughts. Now only if I could lay my hands on a 75.4

oh ho so so frank triggered the "hunt for 75.4 " thought in your minds so the PM..

go go... go for it. join the gang of 75.4 fans. But serisouly is it still available around.
Old 19th December 2008, 15:45   #47
BHPian

Hi Frank

Very well written thread , it was as if your ICEd story was unfolding like some discovery documentary .
Old 19th December 2008, 17:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
oh ho so so frank triggered the "hunt for 75.4 " thought in your minds so the PM..

go go... go for it. join the gang of 75.4 fans. But serisouly is it still available around.
I think the Amey Swift audition + the good Doc's write up is doing more than give upgrade thoughts to Nishant, its a cascade effect.

Lol.

New year, new ICE for me.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:27   #49
BHPian

Arey mmmmmjjjjgggmmmmm

kya sirjee... If he thought of an upgrade after amey swift audition . he should be forewarned that to take the plunge again you need deep .. i repeat .really deep pockets. Remember Amey switched from the 75.4 to the steg . Yes his swift sounds brilliant but then there is not end to how sweeter you can made the ICE to sound.

NishantGandhi is gonna be totatlly ICEd again. Keep spreading the ICE bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
I think the Amey Swift audition + the good Doc's write up is doing more than give upgrade thoughts to Nishant, its a cascade effect.
Ab yeh kya hain....
Quote:
Old 19th December 2008, 17:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Arey mmmmmjjjjgggmmmmm

kya sirjee... If he thought of an upgrade after amey swift audition . he should be forewarned that to take the plunge again you need deep .. i repeat .really deep pockets. Remember Amey switched from the 75.4 to the steg . Yes his swift sounds brilliant but then there is not end to how sweeter you can made the ICE to sound.

Ab yeh kya hain....
Yeh hai budget ! naya saal naya budget !. This year it's been a ghaan year, too much unnecessary spending. (hint :Terrorist attack damage repairs)

I am already in the deep end. Think deep ocean budget. May be an eclipse ?.......

It will happen step by step not an impulse purchase/upgrade. It again will happen the ulta way, new car + new ICE.

keep reading for further updates, we shall be with you next year same time

Last edited by mmmjgm : 19th December 2008 at 17:45.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...although I feel the rear's (GZ) being driven off the 75.4 is an overkill...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Nishant you mean to say that Sub is too big for 75.4 or its in other way?
I meant the 6x9s in the rear being driven by the 75.4 is an overkill. Thats like wasting the power belted out by the amp (Hint to Frank - donate the 75.4 to the needy, lesser mortals like myself!)
Quote:

Lol.

Haven't heard Amey's swift and now no plans also (might make me think towards Steg ). My setup is just 6 months old and I am already thinking of an upgrade? Not fair to my wallet
Old 19th December 2008, 18:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
He drank a lot.... So much so, that in his drunken state...... The drunk hermit .... and asked the drunk, stoned man..... went to bewda Hermit and .... with drunk hermit holding a Steg in one hand.... no words to describe how drunk he was today, so piss drunk that he tuned........ Oh the aspirations of alcoholics!
You know, Frank? Prior to your mid life makeover (your car's. whatever), and you putting up this ICE thread, there were a lot of fellow Team Bhpians who were thinking about putting an end to my Hermitgiri, by offering their sister's or daughter's hand in marriage to me. And now..look what you've done.

Old 19th December 2008, 18:06   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I meant the 6x9s in the rear being driven by the 75.4 is an overkill. Thats like wasting the power belted out by the amp (Hint to Frank - donate the 75.4 to the needy, lesser mortals like myself!)

Haven't heard Amey's swift and now no plans also (might make me think towards Steg ). My setup is just 6 months old and I am already thinking of an upgrade? Not fair to my wallet
I've heard Amey's swift, class apart on the SQ. I meant it as Amey's steg plus (completely additional) to the good Doc's upgrade, is speeding up my upgrade decisions, over and above what's it done to you (nishant)

B&T, awesome work ! classed it out.

Cheers
M M
Old 19th December 2008, 19:34   #54
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You know, Frank? Prior to your mid life makeover (your car's. whatever), and you putting up this ICE thread, there were a lot of fellow Team Bhpians who were thinking about putting an end to my Hermitgiri, by offering their sister's or daughter's hand in marriage to me. And now..look what you've done.

You surely need a few rounds of strong ones to help you live well through the aftermath cheers:
Old 19th December 2008, 19:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice choice and its actually changed my decission of buying another pair of components, no no i am not canceling my plan but changing the brand so next weekends will be shopping for EL 6.1.
BTW hows the "supply of hawa"(Air Supply) with this setup
the air supply themselves will come and be surprised! naa re, i listen to compressed mp3s a lot of time, and i know original audio cds will make a big difference. plan to buy cds now(after a long time)

Quote:
Well I got to audition Dr's setup yesterday. Very well tuned and belts out amazingly clear vocals and bass at all levels. Bass is tight and responsive and TA works like magic. Proper justice (read power delivery) has been done to each and every component, although I feel the rear's (GZ) being driven off the 75.4 is an overkill. So is the Bass Knob, but who's complaining! Turning the knob full circle will wake up the sleepiest of creatures by shaking the car violently.

OT - After the session, my drive back home was filled with 'upgradation' related thoughts. Now only if I could lay my hands on a 75.4
oye nishant! what an awesome mini review. im happy you came yesterday! i like auditioning my system now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Frank,

Hows the vibration in the trunk due to the sub?
I have damped my trunk but i still get rattling at high volumes in my esteem.
my sub and my bass knob both are set to zilch, so the only vibrations in my esteem are when im with my 'friends'

Quote:
Nishant you mean to say that Sub is too big for 75.4 or its in other way?
the sub is powered by the rockford fosgate amp. the rear fills are playing second fiddle to the electras and hence using 2 EXPENSIVE channels of the 75.4 may sound like overkill, but i do need to keep the balance huh?
Old 19th December 2008, 20:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

yea, the 75.4 gang is HUGE, but next time i shall aim for something less BRIGHT. hell, there's a lot of power to be harnessed from the 75.4 but its a lil bright. ajay had to tone my tweeter settings to -6 by request to tone down the chan chan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksudye View Post
Hi Frank

Very well written thread , it was as if your ICEd story was unfolding like some discovery documentary .
hehe, you sounded so excited when you called. i was very good at writing in school. and i still spin long yarns~

Quote:

Lol.

at that rate, then there's a fortnight left for me to change my ice(that's a joke, no more upgrades for me for a long time)

Quote:
Arey mmmmmjjjjgggmmmmm

Ab yeh kya hain....
ameys swift is ameys swift, its way too high for petty creatures like us to talk about. the hallowed one!

Quote:

the 75.4 is staying.. but i do have something that id like to donate. my TS-20s. but to my enemies. the ts20s can hurry anyone to deafness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

your status as a senior bhpian will change to that of senior citizen but you still wont get married! saala hermitgiri kabhi nahi jaayega!

Quote:
I've heard Amey's swift, class apart on the SQ. I meant it as Amey's steg plus (completely additional) to the good Doc's upgrade, is speeding up my upgrade decisions, over and above what's it done to you (nishant)

B&T, awesome work ! classed it out.

Cheers
M M
i second that, bewda hermit pass ho gaya!
Old 20th December 2008, 00:48   #57
BHPian

Congrats,Finally your ice-ing quest seems over.
Quote:
yea, the 75.4 gang is HUGE, but next time i shall aim for something less BRIGHT. hell, there's a lot of power to be harnessed from the 75.4 but its a lil bright. ajay had to tone my tweeter settings to -6 by request to tone down the chan chan..
75.4 is great amp for the sub thanx to all that power.But for people who want lesser tweeter level's it really doesnt help.

Any further upgrades? now the bug will become bigger and bigger
Old 20th December 2008, 02:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Congrats,Finally your ice-ing quest seems over.

75.4 is great amp for the sub thanx to all that power.But for people who want lesser tweeter level's it really doesnt help.

Any further upgrades? now the bug will become bigger and bigger
dude, any more upgrades and i shall be upgraded to a zhopadpatti. my dad will disown me and sell vada pav from the money he will get when he sells my ICE to each of you salivating goons on Team Bhp! have you heard that popular dialogue from that hindi movie, bachhe ki jaan loge kya? its the same state now. dad and mom havent sat in the car yet, but when they see green and blue colours in the dashboard instead of just blue(in our language, an alpine HU instead of a pioneer HU) i shall be slaughtered and im sure their SPL levels will be higher than even LBM's ice! (thats a LEGENDARY statement!)
hee haw!
Old 20th December 2008, 06:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
im sure their SPL levels will be higher than even LBM's ice! (thats a LEGENDARY statement!)
hee haw!
Hahahaha

Congrats bro on a nice setup. May god bless you more and you upgrade more..
Old 20th December 2008, 09:27   #60
BHPian

Nice setup there frank.
Any chance of you dropping in to suburbs?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed