Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 21:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

hhahahah while drinking????? thats always the rule. when in doubt, drink!
ask hermit baba
Old 8th January 2009, 23:26   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
hhahahah while drinking????? thats always the rule. when in doubt, drink!
ask hermit baba

But i am happy that the drink did good..
i could solve the problem with a piece of waste sponge.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

1. Got the MPR-999 universal learning Steering Remote control for the Alpine 9887.

WORKS!

for the review see here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1130331
Old 14th January 2009, 21:49   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

1. Got the MPR-999 universal learning Steering Remote control for the Alpine 9887.

WORKS!
How much did you pay for it? And from where did you pick it up?
Old 14th January 2009, 23:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

wazzzzza TK :-p
anyways i got it from ebay.com(the usa one) for about pound 30 shipped from portugal!
Old 15th January 2009, 14:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

GZTA 4.120MK² is in the House!!!!

FINAL UPGRADE.
I swear, guys. This is the final final upgrade to the system!
I just made the switch from the JBL 75.4 to a GZTA 4.120MK2 to power the Illusion Electra 6.1s and the rear GZMK2 fills.
The switch was made today at Hermit Audio as usual, and the JBL has been sold to someone else.
When i first sat in the car with the new GZ amp installed, it was difficult to perceive a very big difference in the SQ.
Playing new tracks is definitely not the best way to gauge the SQness of a newly installed component. So, on the drive back, played my favourite CD thats been playing continuously since a month in my car. Its the Fleetwood Mac Album, Rumours, in FLAC burnt to audio Cd.
Immediately the difference was audible. The Illusions sounded very sweet(which is their trademark anyways,) and they somehow sounded more relaxed(mind you, im not using the word laid back, illusions are not laid back in any way, they just need THE signal!) and very much at home playing music from the GZ amp. The signal must be cleaner from the GZ amp, and the 30odd watt per channel deficit of the GZTA120MK2 amp over the 75.4 was not at all perceptible.
Once i shifted to the track, Sara, i heard a couple of more instruments that I havent heard in a long time in that song, and the rub of the guitar strings was more audible than in the 75.4

Verdict: Agreed, the GZTA120MK2 is down on power than the 75.4, but that's on paper.
In reality, the GZTA120MK2 is sonically more accomplished than the 75.4, and that has to be heard to be believed. You need slightly trained ears to make out the difference. I don't call my ears trained or something, but I'm just used to listening to the 75.4 for sustained periods of time, and with the same source, hence I can make the above comparison with a decent degree of confidence.
If i had to put it in different words, its the difference one perceives, while watching a FULL HD movie on an HD ready tv, and then switching to a FULL HD tv and watching the same thing. The difference is small, but prominent.
The sweetness of the music from the amp is very prominent and the slightly attacking style of the 75.4(however much one tried to tone it down!) is now gone. It sounds, JUST the way I like it now!

Cheers,
Frank

PS: Thank you Ajay Kamath(again).
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000497-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000498-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000499-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000500-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000501-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1000502-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th January 2009 at 16:34. Reason: Color tag removed.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:25   #97
BHPian

Good going there frank! Cant wait to audition this setup.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:08   #98
Senior - BHPian

Ohh so what about the 75.4 Fan club you were following "hmm bohot partian badalte ho meeya" lolz!!! congrats frank buddy for the upgrade i know your enjoying even more,so whats next the S..T..E..G,now when do we have an ICE audition Meet?

Ramie
Old 15th January 2009, 17:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Ohh so what about the 75.4 Fan club you were following "hmm bohot partian badalte ho meeya" lolz!!! congrats frank buddy for the upgrade i know your enjoying even more,so whats next the S..T..E..G,now when do we have an ICE audition Meet?

Ramie
Never make fun of beggars :-)
What Steg Paaji? Ice audition meet? Let your eclipse avx5000 come :-) then meet hee meet :-)
Anyways the jbl 754 does have a large fan following. And i don't deny it at all. The amp is, was and will be a perfect solution for those who want one amp to run their speaker + subwoofer combination. Come on. In that price range what did you get? Its not a great amp, but its darned powerful for the money
Old 15th January 2009, 17:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Its the Fleetwood Mac Album, Rumours, in FLAC burnt to audio Cd.
OT: How is this done?
How can i burn FLAC audio to an audio cd?
Old 15th January 2009, 17:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
How can i burn FLAC audio to an audio cd?
Which burning software do you use? For Nero you need to download a plugin and follow the instructions as mentioned here - NeroPlugins.afterdawn.com

With the flac plugin you can choose to write an audio cd and drop .flac files into the project window.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which burning software do you use? For Nero you need to download a plugin and follow the instructions as mentioned here - NeroPlugins.afterdawn.com

With the flac plugin you can choose to write an audio cd and drop .flac files into the project window.
Thanks a lot B&T.. I use Nero.. Will install the plugin and update here.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:57   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sweetness of the music from the amp is very prominent and the slightly attacking style of the 75.4(however much one tried to tone it down!) is now gone. It sounds, JUST the way I like it now!
Slightly OT:
I too cannot claim to have special ears. But I feel a similar difference when I switch between the MB Quart PAB 2100 and the 75.4 to run the EL6.1s.

So as of now the 75.4 runs the rears and the sub, with the Quart doing duty upfront.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:50   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Slightly OT:
I too cannot claim to have special ears. But I feel a similar difference when I switch between the MB Quart PAB 2100 and the 75.4 to run the EL6.1s.

So as of now the 75.4 runs the rears and the sub, with the Quart doing duty upfront.

i really did find a noticeable difference. resolution is everything!!!! i can hardly bear to sit in my zen now. it has the pioneer '4 way' speakers and if kept on flat, the speakers sound like a transistor radio. so i desist from taking the panel down to the car. atleast an excuse for me not to listen to music in that car
Old 15th January 2009, 23:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Frank. BTW is that a ported or sealed box cannot make out in the pic.

Quote:
I swear, guys. This is the final final upgrade to the system!
And I thought u wanted a Mac AMP and Rainbow Compos!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks