Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 17:42   #1
BHPian

The Curious case of the 6-CD changer!

Guys!- You all know that the previous ford fiesta's came with a ACD Player with 6-CD in -dash changer. After one upgrades to another 2 DIN MP3 HU, what happens to the 6-CD changer? (as I understand that the 6CDC is a separate unit) I mean- is it completely useless?, or can it function along with the new HU?.

The reason I am asking is- when my old player comes out, and the new one goes in, I have an option of selling the old one to one buddy of mine who wants it - for 5000 bucks (Player + 6CDC).

Please give your suggestions.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please sell the head unit and cd changer. It is an obsolete device now. You will almost never be able to sell it in the future for even close to that price, if you want to.

Just curious - why do you want to "upgrade" to a "2-DIN" head unit?
Old 24th December 2008, 22:47   #3
BHPian

Good Q

Good question that!

Simple reason

2 DIN MP3 Player, My one year old daughter Gowri loves the flashing lights on the HU (Kenwood) - She's a born 'Ford-ie' (Look at her enthusiasm behind the wheel)

So picked out the best sounding HU with the maximum flashies.LOL
Attached Thumbnails
The Curious case of the 6-CD changer!-1.jpg  

Old 25th December 2008, 00:32   #4
BHPian

Hi ascertain which Kenwood H.U did you install,can you past a pic.By the way you a have a cutie on your lap and am really impressed with the way she is holding the steering wheel .
Old 25th December 2008, 10:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
Good question that!

Simple reason

2 DIN MP3 Player, My one year old daughter Gowri loves the flashing lights on the HU (Kenwood) - She's a born 'Ford-ie' (Look at her enthusiasm behind the wheel)

So picked out the best sounding HU with the maximum flashies.LOL
So finally i have someone else who likes the changing flashing lights.
I have a kenwood 3110 ( with 10- flashing light colors, beat that any other deck ? ) stock fit in my new zen estillo .

I love to change the light effects, kind of makes you feel its a new deck every time you change the lights. Fairly good sound effects in comparision to to other pioneer cd decks used in the past.

I m sure you must have installed kenwood 3110 or 5110 ?

Cheers to the flashing lights.
Old 25th December 2008, 12:23   #6
BHPian

Kenwood all the way

The new Kenwood line-up is very impressive
My choice was the DPX-MP 5110 U. because it had USB too.

Earlier I was considering the Pioneer 2DIN DEH FH6050UB(i think thats the model) anyway, the negative point was - no flashies!, only blue color, So took out my 'Super Selector' Gowri and She just couldn't take her eyes off the kenwood. That cemented my decision.

How Much did you get the 3110 for porus?
Old 25th December 2008, 12:39   #7
BHPian

Future perfect

Yes yogi, She loves sitting in the car and watching all the goings around. The old fiesta HU had green back-lighting, and was OK, but the Dancing Kenwood lights give the car a whole different,exciting ambience at night time. You can check out the Kenwood India site for the 2DIN models. I think they are reasonably priced.

The thing I found funny was, the 'Kenwood authorised' dealers in Bangalore city, are quoting different rates for the same unit!. I have heard prices ranging from 10K to 14K.Some of them even blatantly stating that they would offer grey rates (I wonder how on earth an authorized seller is supposed to do that!) I think prospective buyers should always take a look at the piece, and verify that its an original.

The Kenwood players are quite popular in the southern part of my state of Kerala, but not so much in the north, where people go in for Pioneer or even SONY!! But maybe thats because down south you have lots of the 'gulf' returned set who are used to Kenwood systems in the 'gulf' made cars.

Service wise I think Kenwood fares better because of the simplicity of design, and no. of service outlets.

Bottomline- the new 2 DIN series have the vario-color system, wherein you can chance the display light colors of the HU, dials and all that- quite customizable. Plus the audio quality is very good.

And plus - if you have a kid, no better way to make their in-car experience really good!- Thats the real ICEing (pun intended) on the cake!
Old 25th December 2008, 13:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

ot: very cute kid! you're a lucky man! anyways best of luck with the flashing lights!! someone's already started calling the shots at a very young age lol!
Old 25th December 2008, 13:56   #9
BHPian

Today's kids

Yes- the family 'selection & audition' team is evolving, with kids having a great deal to say about stuff, along with the wife.

Take a look at my senior doctor's son, all of one year and 3 months at the time of shooting the video, gets on the drivers seat, and does EXACTLY what his dad does- goes straight for the HU, and then gives his best to the steering. LOL. The funniest sight ever.

This is also an important reminder that we have to set an example for the kids IN THE CAR TOO !!(Man! - the ONE place where we thought we could let loose!) . So keep good road sense, keep choice expletives at bay, be a safe driver, and have good times!
Old 25th December 2008, 16:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

I just wanted to ascertain the reason for 2 DIN.

Sweet baby behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porus View Post
So finally i have someone else who likes the changing flashing lights.
I have a kenwood 3110 ( with 10- flashing light colors, beat that any other deck ? ) stock fit in my new zen estillo .
The lights actually flash? Really gotta see this. Perfect head unit for the season.
Old 25th December 2008, 22:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My one year old daughter Gowri loves the flashing lights on the HU
Quote:
Take a look at my senior doctor's son, all of one year and 3 months at the time of shooting the video
Ascertain, That car is in motion!!! Kids belong in the rear seat, preferably in the rear seat diagonally behind the driver in a car seat (a la Graco, Evenflo, Britax etc..). I'd adivse anyone with kids to invest in a Britax. Our Britax is now on it's 3rd kid (after our son we loaned it to a friend and after her daughter out grew it she gave to another friend) and still looks good as new.
Britax : Products : Details

Last edited by navin : 25th December 2008 at 22:21.
Old 26th December 2008, 09:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ascertain, That car is in motion!!! Kids belong in the rear seat, preferably in the rear seat diagonally behind the driver in a car seat (a la Graco, Evenflo, Britax etc..). I'd adivse anyone with kids to invest in a Britax. Our Britax is now on it's 3rd kid (after our son we loaned it to a friend and after her daughter out grew it she gave to another friend) and still looks good as new.
Britax : Products : Details

True - kids are safe in a car seat in the back, but this little mastodon you see in the video, takes his Half an hour driving on the college playground very seriously heh heh!.(Being Kerala, even his dad is afraid to boldly drive his car on the roads! so they let off some steam on the huge medical college playground). Almost the same size as the steering wheel, this pint sized wonder does a mean turn on the grounds. I am just amazed at the way kids pick up know how, right from the youngest of days, when comprehension dawns.

Abroad there are definite laws regarding child seating in moving vehicles, which is very good. But India still has some way to go before such norms are formulated and made compulsory. Even things as simple as 'Baby on board' stickers might make a difference albeit small. And considering the great Indian traffic snarl, and haphazard driving of the motorists, makes all the more sense to bring some order to the streets.
Old 26th December 2008, 09:42   #13
BHPian

Britax

Oh, you used Britax?. Pretty hard to get here, our little one used to have a Peg Perego - Primo Viaggio SIP , now that she's outgrown it, we moved to a Maxi-cosi Priori. Man!- didn't know that in-car baby care was such a money minting business for the corporates.LOL
Old 26th December 2008, 10:39   #14
BHPian

Pricing for HU

Could the members help me out by investigating the street prices of the Kenwood DPX- MP5110U? with or without B&W?.My friend needs one & Being in mysore,I hardly have places to go and look around. Members from Bangalore,Delhi & Mumbai please help. The reason I am asking is - as I mentioned in my earlier post, the HUGE differences in prices the dealers give over the phone.
Old 26th December 2008, 11:18   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Abroad there are definite laws regarding child seating in moving vehicles, which is very good. But India still has some way to go before such norms are formulated and made compulsory.
Do we need laws to state common sense. If even at 5mph any object forces the adult sitting with the child to brake hard the baby on his/her lap will act like an air bag!

Quote:
Oh, you used Britax?. Pretty hard to get here Man!- didn't know that in-car baby care was such a money minting business for the corporates.LOL
In India Graco and Evenflo are most easily available. We had a Graco and an Evenflo (I believe Graco owns Evenflo) in our other cars but the Britax really stood the test of time. Even our son seemed to prefer it (so we installed the Britax in my wife's car) over the others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks