Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2005, 21:51   #1
BHPian

Check it out - My new audio system/setup

Guys,

I've been configuring a new system for my car. The new car has not been decided on as yet, I'm still driving an M800. Nonetheless, I've started sourcing the various bits and pieces. Made a P-shop diagram of the layout...got everything except for the HU and the Audiobahn amp. Am confused whether to go for Sony/Pioneer/Alpine HU. Thnx to Gamerno1 and Iceman for their valuable help. Any suggestions??

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 17th April 2005, 22:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude i have a Concorde V12 1000watt amp sealed lying with me, wanted to put that in my skoda but im still doubtful, lemme know if it interests you. Nice setup though that youre planning, im sure thatll be a lotta thump with the twin woofers.

autopsyche, you should put it up in the Market Place thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th April 2005 at 07:34.
Old 18th April 2005, 01:37   #3
BHPian

dude i like the entire setup...youve got awesome speakers and yea the amp is nice..well the only thing that is beyond me is why a sony head unit...you should go in for a 9833 alpine with polk momo subs...trust me ive installed it in a lancer...they sound out of the world...hehe..anyways do use a capacitor for the setup ...advised 2 farad cap...if you do need any other info just pm me...cheers...!!
Old 18th April 2005, 10:17   #4
BANNED

Suggestion for your audio setup

Hey Buddy,

Your setup is good , but I would suggest a alpine head unit. Also component speakers upfront would help in better imaging and you would tend to get clearer vocals.

You have a lot of bass but am sure you would appreciate good vocals as well.

Cheers
Old 18th April 2005, 14:17   #5
BHPian

Viper, I've already purchased my speakers. Components are out of my budget for the moment. The Alpines are really good, tried them out with the kind of music I frequently listen to, mainly techno and 60's-80's rock. Everyone seems to be preferring Alpine HUs, guess I'll finally settle on that. And Autopsyche, I'll getting the Audiobahn amp through a friend of mine in the US. Thanks guys.

Manti.
Old 18th April 2005, 17:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

well manticore thats an excellent head unit. i have it and personally i think it beats the alpine 9833 anyday.looks also very pleasing not too loud and awesome features. total paisa wasool maal!!
but i too would incline towards components..they are way way better
one more thing since you told me that you are more into trance and rock it would be better if you bought 2 monoblocks one for each sub rather than one amp for 2 subs. makes quite a difference in the double bass.
keep those subs and buy two alpine or sony monoblocks will be kicka$$.

Last edited by iceman91 : 18th April 2005 at 17:17.
Old 18th April 2005, 17:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
it would be better if you bought 2 monoblocks one for each sub rather than one amp for 2 subs. makes quite a difference in the double bass.
keep those subs and buy two alpine or sony monoblocks will be kicka$$.
Ice, I did a lot of exploring at the Crutchfield site. I had mailed them regarding the best suggestions for an amp to power the Xplod subs. They suggested the Audiobahn and a couple of other amps. I guess it has enough juice (800w RMS) to drive both the subs (2 x 380 = 760w RMS), doesnt it?

Sounding stupid here, but what is 'double bass' ?

Manti.
Old 25th April 2005, 00:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

double bass as the term is used here i think is a misnomer. the only double bass i know is a bass guitar.
Old 25th April 2005, 00:49   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Dude i have a Concorde V12 1000watt amp sealed lying with me
autopsyche, you should put it up in the Market Place thread.
is it stereo? what are you expecting for it?
Old 25th April 2005, 02:05   #10
BHPian

Well , manti go for the alpine HU (eyes closed) , they provide far more clarity than the pioneers and sonys . Anyways , nice set up bud . Do let all of us know once you get fitted .
Old 25th April 2005, 04:32   #11
BHPian

firstly thats a superb setup manti. i dont think i can add/replace anything there.
regarding the HU, ive always said that sony HU's have the best anti-skip technologies for car audio units. may that be a single front loader or a multi cd changer. but the setup above can readily go with pioneer & alpine too.
pioneer = user friendly/VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!
sony = amazing anti-skip/descent features
alpine = higher voltage RCA outs (which keeps your amp healthy)

{i would pick the 7700 over pioneer/alpine if i were you}
& the 7700 is not 52RMS but 52max

& the new P5's are absolutely the way to go over pioneer subs. i installed 2 for a friend in a palio last month. & it killed every entry level subs (pioneer/kenwood/silicon) with ease. also, he is running a JBL GTO 601.1 which gives around 600w RMS. you can expect a sexy output from the audiobahn 8000t(no experiences but heard only good things)

& lastly, the capacitor depends on which car you will put the setup in.
~cheers & keep us updated
Old 25th April 2005, 12:04   #12
Team-BHP Support

most head units will put out about 10W rms per channel. i wonder why they dont make HUs sans amps anymore. atleast the more expensive HUs where the buyer will be using an external amp anyway. I know todays amps are single chip designs but still the power drawn by the amp and heat generated by it cant be good for the HU's performance.

higher voltage RCA outs (4V and above esp) also improve the signal to noise ratio esp when the HU is driving amps that are many meters away and surround by all that switching noise in the car.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
{i would pick the 7700 over pioneer/alpine if i were you}
& the 7700 is not 52RMS but 52max
My bad. Mixed up while doing the P-shop diagram.

And audio gurus of Team-BHP, this is a layout I made for a friend, who wanted a cost-no-object setup with bass as #1 priority and an LCD screen HU. Is it ok, any suggestions?

Manti.

Last edited by manticore : 25th April 2005 at 14:47.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats a pretty hardcore setup, Manti. Which car is your friend planning to put that on? And won't any mods be required to the battery, alternator etc.?
Old 25th April 2005, 15:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

you forgot power caps for it. will definitely need it for them.
also the setup is something like those which come on SUV if i am not mistaken or a really big car else he wont need 4 components as wellas rear fill in's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks