Team-BHP - Anti-Skip CD/MP3 Player
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Anti-Skip CD/MP3 Player (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5143-anti-skip-cd-mp3-player.html)

Hi Guys,

Had a ride in my friends Zen with his new Sony Xplod single CD/MP3 player blazing yesterday. But i wasnt impressed with the way the CD skipped at every other bump/rut or road joints in the road.

The skips were very distracting and made no sense for investing more than 10k for it.

I am looking for a CD/MP3 system too, but have second thoughts now from what i experienced.

Do Multi-CD changers skip this way? Is there a HU with a anti-skip system at a reasonable price available?

Rishi

i had a sony xpload single cd player...never used to skip before...now after one and a half years it skips only when you go over a really bad bump...and that also rarely...i guess its not installed properly....

i have an sony xplod on my santro.while playing mp3's on bumpy roads is no problem.because there is something called buffering.30 'sec of song is loaded into the temporary memory and is played .so we wont feel the breaking up.but when it comes to audio cd's it read directly and plays simaltaneously from the cd.so when in bumpy ride ..it skips sometimes..not always...

Never happened in my mp3 player. I'm guessing the sony was a in-dash mp3 player too...right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJK
Never happened in my mp3 player. I'm guessing the sony was a in-dash mp3 player too...right ?

Yes.

does that mean that the sony was not properly setup?

That would be my guess or maybe sony one's aren't good enough :D Anyway, i've got pioneer 5650 in my car & I absolutely swear by it. Not once has it skipped in a years time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJK
That would be my guess or maybe sony one's aren't good enough :D Anyway, i've got pioneer 5650 in my car & I absolutely swear by it. Not once has it skipped in a years time.

yes even ive got the 5650 . used to skip on bumps initially .. but when i got my woofers fitted, it stopped skipping even on big bumps.. the issue was with fitting.. check the fittings so that they are tight..

Call me a cheapo.. but what I have, is a iRiver mp3/wma player (have got 40 sec anti skip buffer) and the car cassete adapater (using the stock Kenwood cassete receiver in zen vx).. I have kept it just below my handbrake.. this way, it's easily reachable, no skip at all (because it's in the middle of the car where the bump is minimum compared to dashboard. Also, I have arranged the wire clutter in such a way that you can hardly see it.. although it uses the cig light adapter and cassete adapter.. The rear speaker is Pioneer 6880.. and I swear by it..
Cost of the upgrade (done it about 8 months back)
- Pioneer A6880 4 way rear speaker (2x350W PMPO I guess) - INR 2000 (baazee) -- it's not the counterfeit one..
- Cig light adapter, install of rear speaker plus 2 denon dome tweeers (INR 700)

I already had the iRiver player and the stock kenwood stereos
- Protege

Rishi, I have a Sony 565MXRF 10 CD/Mp3 changer installed which holds around 1800 songs.. just burn 10 mp3 CDs once and then you dont have bother any more about in-car music.. it provides a RF input to the head unit so no worries about compatibility.. also comes with a dash mounted display and remote control.. Highly recommended.. Bought it in Dubai around 2 years back for around RS 7K eqv.. Not a single skip till date.. plays wma too..Go for it

Hi Rishi
I have a Sony Xplod single cd/mp3 player in my car. Been using it for more than an year. No real problems. Occasional skips when the roads are really bad. No problem at all.

The only maintenance i do is, run the lens cleaning CD once in a while.

Been using Pioneer players for almost a decade now, from 12 disc changers to my current indash MP3. I can literally count the amount of times they have skipped on one hand.

Installation is the key here. A badly installed player will be more prone to skip. Go to someone who knows what they are doing.

I have the best testimony to Pioneer in-dash single cds - Have it in my SWB Jeep and it hardly skips even when I off-road :D

GTO

I had my Blaupunkt installed by the auth dealer in Pune, and it does skip at big potholes, but its not a major problem.

But do hear all systems before installing. Anti-skip is not the only thing while choosing a system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Rishi, I have a Sony 565MXRF 10 CD/Mp3 changer installed which holds around 1800 songs.. just burn 10 mp3 CDs once and then you dont have bother any more about in-car music.. it provides a RF input to the head unit so no worries about compatibility.. also comes with a dash mounted display and remote control.. Highly recommended.. Bought it in Dubai around 2 years back for around RS 7K eqv.. Not a single skip till date.. plays wma too..Go for it

Thats strange. The retailer told me there are no Mp3 players in multi CD changers. They will only play normal CD's.

Thanks for the info. Any idea where I can source this in Mumbai.

have a pioneer 7650 indash mp3 player for abt 3 years now - never skipped once !

i literally worship pioneer as far as car audio goes..they are simply the best ..no competition.

as far as sony goes ..pioneer never gave me the chance to experiment ! :D