Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 00:56   #1
BANNED

Honda civic CD Player issues

Hi, I have a 07 civic, there seems to be a problem with the stock cd player. I had 5disks in the player, but 1st slot was empty for a a while.now there seems to be a problem with the 1st slot, I am unable to insert any disc, it makes a khat khat sound, nor it is showing any error messages as listed in the manual. I was able to eject all the remaining disks n load too but now i cant load any discs as it loads only in order from 1 to 6. Did anyone else experience this problem, rest everything working fine.
Old 4th January 2009, 15:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be a problem with the loading area.
as its 2007,, i believe its in warranty.
Get it checked at Honda Showroom.

BTW does your stock HU have preouts.
I see you are running a sub, an amp and speakers.
Old 4th January 2009, 20:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get it replaced by Honda A.S.S.

@abhinav : He took pre-outs by opening it up and getting at the boards.

You may have to get those removed or Honda might claim the warranty is void (that is, if you haven't cut any stickers while opening it up). If they do, you'll have to hit an Alpine service center and see if they can do anything about it.
Old 4th January 2009, 20:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Alpine will do it .
Especially in India.
As i heard that these units are sourced from abroad.

EDIT : Any pic of the Board from which the pre-outs are taken.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, that is a matter of policy. It might be a simply problem with the mechanism - all they have to do is open it up and look at it. If Alpine won't look at it, you'll have to go for electronics repair shops. Give it to a big player and see what they can do. Don't give it to a local place - I learned the hard way when my dad gave a sophisticated Sony VCR to a local place. They ripped it apart and couldn't put the mechanism back together. Nearly 28K down the drain.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:48   #6
BANNED

Thanx for the replies,i haven't used preouts as it doesn't have any, I used speaker level inputs as both audison n kenwood have it(install was done at Driven a year back n tuned by gunbirji). I talked to Honda and they said that even they get it repaired from alpine itself. So, they gave me the direct no. Of alpine service centre in gurgaon.so would be going there tommorow. It's a 2007 civic, so I guess it's under warranty. The player wasn't opened up but gunbir had got the whole dash opened up to get the amp remote turn on. Do you think this would create any warranty issues. H. Should I get it repaired if it's repairable ofcourse or get it replaced.

Last edited by sanchits : 5th January 2009 at 00:54.
Old 5th January 2009, 01:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

I dont think so.
Amplifiers don't cause the warranty to expire unless original wiring has been cut.

And i think Gunbir Ji would not cut a wiring. He's a professional Installer.

So no issues, go without any issue and get it repaired.
Old 5th January 2009, 01:10   #8
BHPian

Sanchits,

The CD changer will be replaced without any questions and the CDs struck inside will also be recovered/replaced as long as you are in warranty period. Take it to your Honda dealer and they will remove the head unit to be sent to the local service center. You will get a replacement within a week (A new unit I guess)

This is a known issue with Civic's Alpine CD players and I had mine replaced last month. Only issue is that you being without a CD/FM unit for a week.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:32   #9
BHPian

Honda HU

My senior's Honda city had an Alpine HU, and faced a problem of having the CD stuck in it, and an 'Err+' Display. We were doubtful whether we could get anything done- called up the Honda service in our town for the problem, took the car over. Turned out to be a motor problem - and they replaced the entire HU (8 months old)- no problemo (It also helped that his City '10th Anniv edn) was the first from that showroom.

Honda outlets and service centres are relatively more professional and courteous.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post

Honda outlets and service centres are relatively more professional and courteous.
honda owners from pune, are you reading this?
Old 5th January 2009, 17:36   #11
BHPian

heh

why? do pune owners have terrible times with the honda people?.. LOL , maybe it's the attitude down here, where sales are just picking up, plus here , most big shots are related- If one guy is angry, he'll just threaten to close down whatever prospective sales there are- so the showrooms are very delicate .. LOL
Old 5th January 2009, 20:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Shh! If that info spreads, Honda owning T-BHPians from all over South India will be driving down to Kannur en masse to service their rides!
Old 5th January 2009, 22:03   #13
BHPian

Lol

Heh heh.. I never had any idea that the situation was SO bad , I thought Chevrolet was the worst in terms of customer service..Oh!- so it's Honda up north huh?. Any personal incidents?
Old 7th January 2009, 23:17   #14
BANNED

yipee, got it the system replaced yesterday at the apline office/service centre in gurgaon. they were very prompt and changed it in half an hour.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude.
So again time to get the Preouts and ICE reinstalled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks