Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 10:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
you might find investing in a Yuin PK-2 which cost about $100.
I believe the HR2 are even smoother than the PK2. Also for the PK1/HR1 you will need a amp boost - even a simple chip amp (headroom, ordanance, etc...) will help. For the next step up try a 6922 powered Beyer 880 the 880 is half the price of the 650 or 701 and almost as good. back to car audio....

Given your budget any HU more expensive than the 9886 wil eat up too much of the budget. Why not start with a 9886 and a good pair of components then you can add a sub and amp later. Unfortunately most of the better speakers are 2-3 db less sensitive than their cheaper counterparts which means you system will be SPL limited and maybe bass definition will not be as good as it could be.

Like B&T said before each speaker manufacturer has different testing techniques so comparing the tech specs across manufacturers might mislead you. Your ears are by far the best judge.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:05   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I believe the HR2 are even smoother than the PK2. Also for the PK1/HR1 you will need a amp boost - even a simple chip amp (headroom, ordanance, etc...) will help. For the next step up try a 6922 powered Beyer 880 the 880 is half the price of the 650 or 701 and almost as good. back to car audio....
Is that the MylarOne? I have only read reviews. I haven't had a chance to try Beyer either. I loved my RS1 and HD600 though. The grado was simply the best ever.

Quote:
Given your budget any HU more expensive than the 9886 wil eat up too much of the budget. Why not start with a 9886 and a good pair of components then you can add a sub and amp later. Unfortunately most of the better speakers are 2-3 db less sensitive than their cheaper counterparts which means you system will be SPL limited and maybe bass definition will not be as good as it could be.
After a lot of help from hydrashok, that is what I have decided too. For now, it will be either a 9886 with b&w or 9887 grey and Rainbow SLX265 for the components. If it is not loud enough or lacking without the amp, the components would change to Image Dynamics CTX65. Hopefully one of the four combination would sound best at the time of audition.

Quote:
Like B&T said before each speaker manufacturer has different testing techniques so comparing the tech specs across manufacturers might mislead you. Your ears are by far the best judge.
Yeah, I realized pretty much every one is quoting a sensitivity of 90 dB. Anyway, thanks, hope it would all go well. I would also get the front doors damped this time around.

I would add an amp or two, wiring and the sub after a few months.

Thanks everyone for all the invaluable suggestions! You guys are the best!
Old 6th January 2009, 18:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
After a lot of help from hydrashok, that is what I have decided too. For now, it will be either a 9886 with b&w or 9887 grey and Rainbow SLX265 for the components. If it is not loud enough or lacking without the amp, the components would change to Image Dynamics CTX65. Hopefully one of the four combination would sound best at the time of audition.
Having Hydra helped you with some basic stuff, I would suggest you to audition some few more brands before finalizing the stuff. Also since you stay close to Banglore which is approx 180 kms from your town. Give visit to few of the T-Bhp members for the same...

As Hearing is believing....
Old 6th January 2009, 18:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would suggest you to audition some few more brands before finalizing the stuff.
As Hearing is believing....
+1

Audition as many brands as you can BEFORE buying and try NOT to get carried away by mere recommendations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks