Team-BHP - My Car Computer installation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   My Car Computer installation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/51549-my-car-computer-installation-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1116913)
All the car pc install makes me wanna have one in my car too stupid:

"dude this is just awsome, you 'll just love it to have it on your ride. "

and congrates shd on your setup. so copy the list of people who have carputer here and add ur name as well :D.

wow man!! that's great superb install but i would love to do a single din pop up screen which i will start for my car asa i will get free from work

great looking screen system

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty9991 (Post 1117713)
"dude this is just awsome, you 'll just love it to have it on your ride. "

and congrates shd on your setup. so copy the list of people who have carputer here and add ur name as well :D.

Thanks Monty. It is best to maintain single list, so appreciate if you update your list.

To complete my installation, I would like to install a second display for the back seat passengers so that they can enjoy video and other applications at the back. I need some inputs on how this can be done.

My MoBo supports one VGA output (already connected to the front display) and one 7 pin S-Video connector (Carrying S-Video and CVBS signals). Since I do not have space to add second video card, my Idea is to use the CVBS output for second display.

Has anyone some experience with such S-Video connectors on mother board. Does the OS recognise the second display connected on CVBS.

Any help/guidance will be valuable.

congrats SDH. mine is coming soon. :D
Just savings some moolah for ICE. He he.

Inspired by Monty's friends swift redputer LCD installation, I decided to rework my LCD mounting. Again my focus was to avoid any modifications and work within what is available. Belowis the result. I will try and mount it in the car tomorrow and post some more pictures soon.

that is a hell of a job! beautiful! love the way you have mounted the monitor so well in the slot! keep it up and post some more snaps as soon as the dashboard is put together again!

Neatly Mounted. I have same LCD. will buzz you if I need any help.

your this setup will look good that before. and will look more OEM

Spent the whole day yesterday finalsing the installation and ran into small issues.
First, the clamps I made to hold the display prevented the front garnish from going in fully. So had to get rid of the clamps and put the double din mounting bracket to hold the lcd. One side of the display is nicely held by this clamp, but there is no support on the top side, so the display slips up a bit when you fit. I have to design and fabricate better clamps in coming days to resolve this issue.

The car stereo is now removed and replaced with 4 channel JBL Amp (GT5-A604). The overall sound quality has improved drastically and the wiring has now been nicely tied and tucked, so no wires visible in and around dash board. The amp has been wired under the front passenger seat.

Installation of amp has led to second issue, now no FM radio in the car. Centrafuse supports radio control. There is a list of tested hardware and non of them is available. Han anyone experience with any locally available USB FM hardware in centrafuse.

Photos will follow as soon as I have proper mounting of display.

well dont worry, give it a harder try and i am sure ull have no issues.

please post some pics on lcd mounting(integrating) into dashboard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade (Post 1125577)
please post some pics on lcd mounting(integrating) into dashboard

Give me some time, I will try and post the pictures (including how it is done at the back side) as soon as I have resolved the open points.

After trying 2-3 fitting options, I finally had the solution. It may not look too professional but looking at the constraints I had put (no modifications) I am quite satisfied with it. Here are the final pictures.

First try (first 2 pictures). The brackets were too high and the setup did not fit in the space available.

Second attempt (3rd and 4th pictures). Inverted the display, put in the headrest holder so that it fits nicely in the double din bracket, display nicely centred. The space near the ac vents is less than that at bottom and the setup will not snap in properly.

Current solution (5th onwards). Held the display with the double din bracket with some packing to avoid movement. The top side is aligned to the opening on the din. This setup nicely snaps in. You cna also see the wire for mic coming out at the botom and mic placed in front of intstrumentation panel.

Hi @sdh
Nice setup. Will come and meet you along with PD. oops pdh :)
Wanted to see the setup in flesh.

Nithin