Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 23:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer 4000DVD vs Pioneer 8000BT

Hi gurus,
I am planning to upgrade the Zxi stock HU with either of the following options from the US.

- I am looking at only Double-Din. Since I dont want an empty tray in my dash. If anyone has better options to utilise it, other than putting iPod, wallet etc, please let me know. I saw one Alpine Center channel speaker on Amazon, but that costs around 125 USD.

- I am looking at Bluetooth enabled HUs. The 4000DVD does not have it. So how much does the adapter cost here ? I think its around 100 USD in the States.

- I've read reports that the Pio 8000BT has stale looks and the controls are complicated. So is there any worthy alternative to it ?

- The most important aspect - Will the steering controls work after I change the HU ? Or will they work only with the Stock HU ?

- Given that most of the US products dont come with warranty, I might as well buy them in India. But I dont think the latest Pioneer models are available in India.

I know there are quite a few threads on Swift ICE, but guess my problems are thoda unique. Gurus please help me out
Old 10th January 2009, 01:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Any pointers guys ?
Old 10th January 2009, 02:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

look at jvc or sony, they might fit the budget but you still have to buy bluetooth adaptors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks