Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57

Gurus!,

Couple of days back I installed Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 in my i10 with JBL speakers in front and rear. Everything seems to be fine and I am happy with the setup except for one thing - The clock set in the HU seems to reset every time the car is switched off. This shouldn't be happening. Can you help me how can I rectify the same?

The installation of the system is done by Modern Cars in Camp Area. According to me he did a decent job of installation.

Also one more query, This HU offers facility to increase volume if the speed of the car increases, provided, it gets input from Speedometer. Do you know if such input is available in i10 Era?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks

take care and drive safely
Old 13th January 2009, 19:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

The HU has not been wired correctly - most likely they have not used the harness adapter for i10. Ask the installer to redo it correctly - matching wire for wire as given in the manual (wiring diagram).

The wire which connects to the ignition lock is connected (since the HU goes on and off correctly) but there is another wire which comes directly (through the accessories fuse) from the battery - this is the one that keeps the HU powered all the time (even when ignition is off) and keeps the time and other settings.

For the speedo signal, you need to ask the Hyundai service people.
Old 14th January 2009, 11:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The HU has not been wired correctly - most likely they have not used the harness adapter for i10. Ask the installer to redo it correctly - matching wire for wire as given in the manual (wiring diagram).

The wire which connects to the ignition lock is connected (since the HU goes on and off correctly) but there is another wire which comes directly (through the accessories fuse) from the battery - this is the one that keeps the HU powered all the time (even when ignition is off) and keeps the time and other settings.

Thanks for your inputs. I will take my car to Modern again this weekend and get it rectified. I appreciate your help on the issue.

Thanks

takecare and drivesafely
Old 27th January 2009, 11:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

Update:

Took car to Modern Cars Pune this weekend and sorted out the issue. Apparently couple of wires had to be swapped in the original connector that came with the car.

Now every thing seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help.

take care and drive safely
Old 27th January 2009, 11:26   #5
BHPian

I've been wanting to get the Hamburg MP57, specifically for its handsfree phone function, can you describe how it is working for you and what phone(s) you are using?
Old 27th January 2010, 10:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
I've been wanting to get the Hamburg MP57, specifically for its handsfree phone function, can you describe how it is working for you and what phone(s) you are using?
It's a nice music system with good features. I am currently using it with 2 400W Sony Xplode coaxial speakers but plan to get 2 component speakers, 2 tweaters, a 4 channel amp and a bass tube this week for my DICOR 2.2 VTT.

The only thing I feel it lacks is DVD playback and a delayed track name display (it won't show the track name until it has actually started playing) so if you are skipping tracks to reach a specific one and don't know the order where it is you have to wait for the track to actually start playing before you get to know what song it is.

As for the phone functions it can pair up with any Bluetooth capable phone. If your phone has a direct headphone jack (e.g. I have a Blackberry 8900 Javelin) it is always better so that you can avoid an extra Microphone with a cable installed somewhere close to you face around the steering area. Be WARNED if you have more than one girlfriends the system outputs calls through your music system speakers!! (can be embarrasing if your mom calls with friends in the car or if another girlfriend calls while one is with you!!)

It supports USB (a USB cable from the back into your dashboard glove compartment), has a line in Aux port (the one I use for either making/receiving calls or listening to music through my phone) and one at the back in case you need more than 1 aux port. The bluetooth is only for calls and cannot play music.

The rest of the functions like radio, CD/MP3 are standard. The latest thing I discovered (thanks to this thread) is the volume levelling in sync. with speed. I'll explore it over this weekend!

Oops..sorry didn't realise it was a year old fossil I was posting in!!

Last edited by alexnazim : 27th January 2010 at 10:48.
Old 12th April 2022, 21:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57

I have Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 installed in my i10. It was installed by the Hyundai dealer at the time of car purchase (2009).

Now, the display is not working properly. The music system is playing audio properly.

It is possible to get it repaired ? I am located in Bangalore. Please suggest if you have any references.

Or should I just buy a new one ? Will the accessory shop take this in exchange ? Any references for a reliable accessory shop ?

Rohan

Most Viewed