Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 02:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Are you sure its the 504? or are you mistaking it for the gt5-a604?
Since I've heard nothing but very bad reviews about the 504.
Seems like a good amp to me, does the job of driving my components+ rear speakers quite well.
Old 18th January 2009, 03:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
andhernagri mein kaanya raja(the cockeyed fellow is the king among the blind).
For the sake of discussion, can you please elaborate on what exactly you found inferior in this amplifier. Some basis could be:

- Build Quality
- Preamp section
- Power output
- Features

Please humor me with some facts...

Last edited by gunbir : 18th January 2009 at 03:32.
Old 18th January 2009, 05:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Seems like GTO 504 is the way to go. Is it available in grey ? And probable pricing with B&W.
Hmm! A good amp , especially a speaker amp is a good amp when it can sound good on different types of tuning and it still holds on to it's output and above all clarity. I know that's a little more to ask from an entry level amp, but I have not really seen the GTO504 perform any better than a 8401 kenwood, in fact IMO it's not even better than a GT5 A604 by JBL, if what I commented above is taken into consideration.
My 2 cents, save it, dont buy a 504, get a good installer. That's what u need more than the 504 amp.
Old 18th January 2009, 09:59   #34
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Are you sure its the 504? or are you mistaking it for the gt5-a604?
Since I've heard nothing but very bad reviews about the 504.
Hey nitrous, can you help me with the reviews ? I still think its a very good amplifier. In fact, GT5 604 is a little finicky.

Old 18th January 2009, 10:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
For the sake of discussion, can you please elaborate on what exactly you found inferior in this amplifier. Some basis could be:

- Build Quality
- Preamp section
- Power output
- Features

Please humor me with some facts...
Why go into such finer details when the results are already bad.

Frank purchased the amp which he though according to few as a very good amp but after installing it he realized there is not such thing in there, so he sell it off. Why would he go inside the amp and search for the above mentioned things like PRE-AMP section.

So need to humor, He auditioned it and he did not liked it simple. What is so humors in that ?

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 18th January 2009 at 10:27.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

LBM-bhai-ji, "For the sake of discussion"! This is a discussion forum, so an objective discussion is what we look for, right? It is easy to condemn a particular model irrationally (one just needs a leader and some naive followers), our objective is to sort out facts from fiction. Otherwise, most people will see "atishayokti-alankar" as fact.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:00   #37
nitin.dangayach

LOL thats good one, deralte. But still may i request someone to enlighten me the pricing info of JBL GTO 504 ?

Old 18th January 2009, 11:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Hmm! A good amp , especially a speaker amp is a good amp when it can sound good on different types of tuning and it still holds on to it's output and above all clarity. I know that's a little more to ask from an entry level amp, but I have not really seen the GTO504 perform any better than a 8401 kenwood, in fact IMO it's not even better than a GT5 A604 by JBL, if what I commented above is taken into consideration.
My 2 cents, save it, dont buy a 504, get a good installer. That's what u need more than the 504 amp.

how do you rate blaupunkt GT4 infront of 8401?
Old 18th January 2009, 11:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

gto504 it is. its a so so amp but much better than the 604. ive heard very bad reviews of the 604.
Old 18th January 2009, 12:51   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
our objective is to sort out facts from fiction.
Audio is often a subjective discipline. Which is why there can be 2 amps that measure exactly the same and can even the sound the same for short listening sessions (witness the Great Carver Challenge of the 80s). It is often only over long sessions of ciritcal listening that most differences betweeen two good products are noticed.

This is one reason why my advice rarely includes specific brand/model recomendations. After all I have no idea how much salt someone else likes with their dal.

There are good brands: good HUs, good amps, good speakers, good wire, etc.. all we aim to do here is to advise TBHPians on which brands are good (well built, reliable, compatible, VFM, etc..) and then let THEIR ears decide.

On the subject of ciritcal listening: my view is that while the differences between 2 audio products can often be noticed when the car is idiling or for that matter not turned on how many of these differences will be notice when we are negotiating traffic, cursing at cabbies, and otherwise attempting to do three things at once.

My personal solution to sit in the rear seat with an ipod with the best EAC/LAME encoded MP3s I could muster mated to a Ordanance .22 chip amp and a pair of Beyer or Sennheisser.
Old 18th January 2009, 13:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
how do you rate blaupunkt GT4 infront of 8401?
I would prefer the Kenwood over this Blau, but the GT4 is not a bad amp but nothing that great either.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

i thought this was a Scosche Wiring showoff thread. But now it looks like Nitin's search for an AMP AGAIN.

Nitin your wide open options in 5-6K are

1. Blau GT4
2. JBL A604
3. Kenwood 8401

(the above are in alphabetic order )

BTW what bad reviews have ya heard about A604 ? I have heard nothing bad about it except for it being on the brighter side.

Have ya thought of considering Pioneer or Sony AMP ? They might be in the same range.
Old 18th January 2009, 15:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

The only thing I don't like about the JBL GT5-A604 is the build quality.
It sounds real good for the budget.
It sounds a lot better than the costlier 504.
But, I'd say push your budget by about 4k or so and you should be able to get a 1004.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks