Team-BHP - Neeed Help from the ICE Gurus
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Neeed Help from the ICE Gurus (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/52293-neeed-help-ice-gurus.html)

The present ICE setup on my getz is as follows

HU Blaupunkt Hamburg MP 57

Rear Speakers Blaupunkt GTX 693

Front Component speakers Blaupunkt V 662

Sub woofer GTX 7

1 No 4 channel amp model no Blaupunkt GTA 4

1 No amp sony explod 2 channel to run the sub woofer

also have two nos tweeters installed flush on the door panels of blaupunkt.

my query to the gurus is no doubt the loudness of music is there but what i need i a better treble response as well better response to midranges. I mostly listen to rock , like doors dire starits pink flyod etc.Can the gurus help resolve this problem. Presently the budget is a constarint as recently have alo installed a custom made FFE , Tri Phase, NGKs etc.

what are the settings on the head unit? can you list them out for us here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1140195)
what are the settings on the head unit? can you list them out for us here?

frank
the bass setting on the HU has been pt at 2 , the treble setting is at 7 , the gains and frequency settings are at the lowest , the preset EQ settings are off.The subout gain is at two , besides that have not really tinkerd with HU settings , these settings where provided by the blaupunkt engineer here

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjz (Post 1139598)
Rear Speakers Blaupunkt GTX 693
Front Component speakers Blaupunkt V 662
also have two nos tweeters installed flush on the door panels of blaupunkt.

what i need i a better treble response as well better response to midranges.

try this one at a time...
1. disconnect the extra tweeters. Use only those supplised with the components.

2. set EQ to flat.

3. upgrade front components to Infinity/Hertz Hi Energy/Blau ODc/THC etc.. set HPF for front components to 60Hz/12db or there abouts.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with his equipment. Quite likely it has been tuned badly.

@sanjz, could you please list the model numbers of the speakers properly? I sense a problem of model numbers v/s description.

For example, do you have Vc662 or Vx662? You mention component speakers, but I don't think any Blau engineer would add another pair of tweeters. The other confusing part is "flush on the door panels of blaupunkt". Best would be if you could post a pic of the front door.

As Navin said, first set all the settable parameters to 0 (bass 0, treble 0, sub gain 0 etc.) at the HU. Don't change the gain setting at the amp (I don't think it is at 0), but set HPF to 80Hz for the front components. Increase volume a couple of points at the HU, play some familiar music and then tell us how it feels. Increase the gain at the Sony amp if you feel the sub is too soft.

Don't worry, you will be able to tune it yourself to your own liking.

Thanks navin, DerAlte

DerAlte what i meant was that the extra tweeters are Blau make as well, and are flush mounted on the front door panel . sorry for the typo.I shall try and do, as advised, but you will have to wait till the weekend for me retune and post results here .