Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:54   #61

Hi Pri2, this Kensington looks good however was wondering since the microphone is in the unit which will be attached to the car lighter socket..which in my car (optra) is quite below the audio system having a distance of around 2 feet .. will this not have an adverse impact on audio quality ?
Old 29th December 2009, 17:40   #62
BHPian

Also if you have a phone that uses Headphone jacks like AUX cable than you can follow this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...alk-phone.html
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:41   #63
BHPian

Hi Shantnu,
Nice DIY project dude!
If you conect your mobile to the bluetooth receiver in car, you can also play the music through the phone. The advantage here is that when the call comes, automatically the Mobile will switch to the call mode putting a pause to the songs so you dont need to change the input manually. Ofcourse you have to check the quality of reception. Also you will have to use a sterio bluetooth receiver.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 16th March 2011, 16:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

DIY: Bluetooth Stereo! in car

Just sharing some information on something similar, which I posted in some other thread.

This is about playing music wirelessly from your phone through the car stereo.

Post here
Old 14th October 2011, 16:58   #65
BHPian

Re: DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500

this is an excellent DIY.
I have Nokia BH-106 wired bluetooth, where the speaker is cut (while doing some R&D!) leaving the wire open - as depicted in below pic:

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-nokia-bh106-sample.jpg

Hope I could attached these wires to a AUX-IN wire - any special consideration required ?

for the HU, I have JVC KD-R425 (downgraded replacement to my earlier conked KD-DV7405)

thanks,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 14th October 2011 at 17:00. Reason: HU details provided
Old 17th October 2011, 14:33   #66
BHPian

Y'day I experimented on above mentioned material, well successfully. The AUX-IN (male to male) was cut into half, emerging 2 thin wires which were sleeved in Red and Green, and some open strands (ground). Even the BH106 has thin wires (refer pic in previous post), Red and White sleeves.

Setup: AUX (Red+Green) <---> BH106(Red)
AUX (Ground) <---> BH106(White)
AUX-IN pin to HU
Paired the BH106 to my mobile-BT.

The connections done were just temporary, for the moment.

I had to pull-up the Aux volume quite high in order to listen; sound was audible in all four speakers (stereo effect)

Overall, I was satisfied with this DIY! thanks.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:40   #67
BHPian

Recently I bought BLUEDIO AV890 for Rs. 550...good for cars without Bluetooth.

Old 1st January 2012, 14:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post

Luckily I had bought this from a shop a while ago but never thought of connecting it to Aux. Just read this today and tested immediately. It works if the player is already running music from phone over this blue-aux. Can anyone think of an idea to make my player switch to Aux as soon as I am receiving or making call ?
Old 1st February 2012, 21:45   #69
BHPian

The Bluedio I4 is perfect for this job, I was just discussing it with a colleague today.
Old 29th April 2012, 12:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post

Does this thing have a built-in mic? Or is the mic from the attached headset supposed to do the job?
Old 29th April 2012, 13:12   #71
BHPian

I just did the same in my car today. And must say, I am really happy and satisfied with the results.

Bought an Enter Mono Bluetooth Headset for 400/- off eBay, opened it up. Sorry I forgot to click pictures while the unit was open, but it is fairly simple.

There are basically 3 pairs of wires in the unit. The first pair connects to the mic which is at the base, the 2nd connects to the battery, and the 3rd connects to the earpiece. It is this pair that we are actually interested in.

The two wires are colored red and white. What I did was basically clipped these wires from the earpiece, and in the process rendered the original earpiece useless. The next thing to do is to ply out the earpiece completely out of the unit, as it will only cause a hindrance. Then I kept these two wires out of the unit, and put the cover back on.

My HU has a auxiliary input at the rear, and this is helpful, as this reduces the amount of wires that show in front. It is a component input, and I have been using a cable for this that has red & white ports at one end and a 3.5 mm jack at the other.

Take this cable, and cut out the 3.5 mm jack, as we won't be needing this. Then separate out the wire strands, and we can see that the wires are colored the same way as those of the bluetooth headset, in red and white. Clip off the outer jacket so as to bare the cable strands. You need to be careful while cutting the outer jacket so as to not damage the inner cable.

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-28042012045.jpg

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-28042012046.jpg

Another challenge here is that the wires on the headset have really thin strands, and so attaching them to our aux cable is a precise job. Put the two strands together, twist the cables, and secure them with tape.

Now the equipment is almost ready, and it only needs to be installed in the car. I found the area just in front of the meter to be the most appropriate, since it can be attached there very easily, and also allows me to route the cable alongside the steering column and under the dash, so as to minimize the length of cable visible. It is attached using double sided sticker tape. Here are the pictures of the same.

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-29042012054.jpg

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-29042012055.jpg

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-29042012056.jpg

DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500-29042012058.jpg

The green tape does look a bit of an eyesore, but since I didn't have any black at hand, I had to make do with this. Maybe I will take it off and secure it with black tape sometime soon.

This headset has a regular Nokia small pin charger, as can be seen in the photos, and hence charging it is most convenient.

A major advantage is that this device supports A2DP, so I can easily play music from my phone as well. As soon as there is an incoming call, the profile switches automatically. Although the mic is facing away from me, the other party can hear my voice very clearly, and the output through the car's speakers are absolutely fantastic, both for music as well as for voice calls. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the operation capabilities of this setup.

Another thing is that I think it is better to take this thing off when I take my car for service, as I have an issue with the meter that needs to be looked at, and I cannot be sure that the service guys would not mishandle this setup.

Since the overall cost of this has been only 400/-, and the output is completely as per expectations, I would highly recommend this is as a nice little DIY project for getting a cost-effective solution to car Bluetooth.

Any more queries regarding the same, most welcome.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:54   #72
BHPian

wow...swarnava.m. Neatly explained. Can you show me the charger it has got, so that i can know if it fits my car cigarette lighter unit or do i need to do any more changes to the charging point!
Old 4th May 2012, 16:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
wow...swarnava.m. Neatly explained. Can you show me the charger it has got, so that i can know if it fits my car cigarette lighter unit or do i need to do any more changes to the charging point!
Well the charger that came with the packaging is a cable with USB port at one end and Nokia standard small pin charger at the other. This USB port goes into an adapter that has a 2 pin socket, but I am assuming this can very well be charged from any other USB port as well. So yes, it can definitely be charged from your car's 12V port, (which I have done personally), or it can also be plugged into the USB port (if you have one) of your Head Unit.

On another note, I would suggest you check out the Bluedio AV890 A2DP Bluetooth Stereo Headset. It is a device for the exact same purpose, just that it comes made that way, rather than needing a DIY job. What I mean to say is that it has no earpiece, but a standard 3.5 mm port, which can directly be connected to the Head Unit. Much cleaner setup, IMHO.
Old 1st July 2012, 09:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Well....I never used this device as the volume on it was very very low. Now i have to pump it even more on HU when in AUX mode. Anyway, i have something in mind as a solution. Will post it when I try.

Pioneer HU allows to name the device attached in AUX.

I can answer the call on the phone or headset. I always use the steering remote to control the HU. I am so used to the remote that when i have an incoming call, i can switch to AUX increase the volume and press the answer button in 3-4 secs

Yes Frank.

Well Mate...i wasnt lucky to get a 3.5mm audio out on my LG Viewty.

@the last answer: the N95 method would work for most 3.5mm jack doting phones now a days. That is more easy and will save your battery! Bluetooth would kill your juice!

All said @shreyasma this is a wonderful DIY, just tailor made to your requirement! many would follow suit! it's easy and doable!!!
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Well the charger that came with the packaging is a cable with USB port at one end and Nokia standard small pin charger at the other. This USB port goes into an adapter that has a 2 pin socket, but I am assuming this can very well be charged from any other USB port as well. So yes, it can definitely be charged from your car's 12V port, (which I have done personally), or it can also be plugged into the USB port (if you have one) of your Head Unit.

On another note, I would suggest you check out the Bluedio AV890 A2DP Bluetooth Stereo Headset. It is a device for the exact same purpose, just that it comes made that way, rather than needing a DIY job. What I mean to say is that it has no earpiece, but a standard 3.5 mm port, which can directly be connected to the Head Unit. Much cleaner setup, IMHO.
Excellent DIY Idea. Thanks for sharing.
I do not have a spare BT headset, so got one from National Market for 500 bucks. Its a Bluedio I4. The advantage is that it has a stereo output. Will post a pic later.

The whole DIY concept is working, in the sense that I am able to charge the BT device and also play music and make calls, however, not able to charge and play music at the same time. I hear crackling noises from the speaker. What can be done to avoid such interference..? can someone suggest..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks