Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:56   #76
BHPian

Re: DIY: Bluetooth Handsfree in car for Rs 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Excellent DIY Idea. Thanks for sharing.
I do not have a spare BT headset, so got one from National Market for 500 bucks. Its a Bluedio I4. The advantage is that it has a stereo output. Will post a pic later.

The whole DIY concept is working, in the sense that I am able to charge the BT device and also play music and make calls, however, not able to charge and play music at the same time. I hear crackling noises from the speaker. What can be done to avoid such interference..? can someone suggest..?
I think that will probably be something that the device is not built to support. In fact, it is not supposed to work like that. I am not sure about the headset you have purchased which has a stereo output (in which case it should be great for A2DP), but I'm assuming that it is a regular one that is attached to one's ear, which most BT headsets anyways are, and hence the way we are trying to use it here is a completely custom solution and not one that the device was originally made for. In that case, remember that the device is not supposed to be in use while it is being charged. After all, you wouldn't want to be walking around with a charger connected to the BT earpiece next to your head, right?

Having said that, I am not quite sure if there isn't something you can't do to get around it. One solution would be to use another charger, (specially if the one you are currently using isn't an original one), where a slightly different voltage level might do the trick. Frankly speaking, I've absolutely no clue about this, but the idea just struck me, so thought of sharing.

Maybe other users can suggest better tricks?

PS. I have stopped using this device in my car. I like my interiors to be picture perfect (), and this started seeming like one heck of an eyesore. Besides, I upgraded my HU, and since I can play both AUX and USB now, I don't really miss the BT headset. Since I am anyways not in the habit of taking calls while I drive (I hand the phone over to the co-passenger in the worst case), so it is really not a requirement for me anymore.
Old 24th August 2012, 17:01   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I think that will probably be something that the device is not built to support. In fact, it is not supposed to work like that. I am not sure about the headset you have purchased which has a stereo output (in which case it should be great for A2DP), but I'm assuming that it is a regular one that is attached to one's ear, which most BT headsets anyways are, and hence the way we are trying to use it here is a completely custom solution and not one that the device was originally made for. In that case, remember that the device is not supposed to be in use while it is being charged. After all, you wouldn't want to be walking around with a charger connected to the BT earpiece next to your head, right?

The device is indeed A2DP compatible, it is switching automatically from music to calls, and is having stereo output, audio sounds great from the speakers. I wanted a solution which I could fix and forget, i.e, the device would be charging as long as the car is being driven.

When I try to charge the BT device with a nokia charger from a wall outlet at home and play the music / make calls simultaneously, no problems. However, when I charge the BT device via a USB cable from the Audio HU, I get the noise along with music and calls. I guess the current sourcing capacity of the USB port in my Audio HU is not enough.

I am planning to use a nokia car charger, if anyone has a spare one lying around, you are free to help . Also better ideas are welcome.

here is the link to the BT headset I have purchased.
Bluedio,CCK Offical Site--Guangzhou Liwei Electronics Co., Ltd 廣州市立偉電子有限公司
Old 24th August 2012, 19:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
...when I charge the BT device via a USB cable from the Audio HU, I get the noise along with music and calls. I guess the current sourcing capacity of the USB port in my Audio HU is not enough.

I am planning to use a nokia car charger...[/url]
I guess that solves your problem right there.
Do report back with the results, could help many other people out here.
Old 10th September 2013, 19:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

I too installed a BT handsfree in my Palio. I purchased a BlueDio I4 unit and an aux cable. I bought a USB to nokia small pin cable to charge it. I charge the unit occasionally, like once in 2-3 weeks. Never happened to receive a call while it was charging. I have used a double sided tape to stich it at the bottom of the speedometer.

Pros:
Safer than using a phone
No irritation in the ear wearing a headphone/BT unit
Has excellent battery life

Cons:
Needs bumping of Audio every time
The other party hear an echo of their own voice, but every one said clarity was okay (Any ways of avoiding the echo??)

Is there a VFM way/device to amplify it? I mean bumping up the volume sometimes irritates me.

Also, I was thinking on lines of why not have a dedicated set of 2 speakers installed for this and not rely on the HU? What would I need to have 2 dedicated speakers? I for a matter of fact have unused brand new front speakers. Would I need an amp? Any suggestions for DIYing if its a feasible idea.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 19:25   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

Is there a VFM way/device to amplify it? I mean bumping up the volume sometimes irritates me.

Also, I was thinking on lines of why not have a dedicated set of 2 speakers installed for this and not rely on the HU? What would I need to have 2 dedicated speakers? I for a matter of fact have unused brand new front speakers. Would I need an amp? Any suggestions for DIYing if its a feasible idea.
Yes, the speaker connected to the AUX/3.5mm output of this BT Device will need to be powered due to their sheer size (be that even a 4" speaker).

These days you get those Desktop speakers powered via USB with built in amplifier and a independent volume control.

Since these speakers are USB Powered, DIYing wiring to create a USB Charging post in the car is very easy. Just hook the power cord (USB) Of these speakers to the USB port and place the speakers somewhere around the A-Pillar (above the seat belt Bolt) and that should surely return you fairly clean audio from the other end.

However, you again face the challenge of reducing the volume of your Head Unit everytime you want to make/accept a call.

In all, I see that buying a simple Single DIN HU with Bluetooth capability is the best and cleanest solution for your requirement.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 19:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tall Boy!

Got the not so creative idea when I looked at the unused box of speakers lying since 3 years

Looks lot more complicated and speakers may not look good. HU with BT call receiving are pretty expensive. I will live with it
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks