Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea - to ICE or Not

Folks, We know that Linea Emotion & Dynamic+ comes out with a stock Audio system (CD/Mp3 audio system with FM).

From the broucher I see that it's Blaupunkt - 4 tweeters and 4 speakers. Does anyone has more details on it? Is it good enough?

Based on the feedback I might plan to upgrade if the stock is not good.

What will be a good spec for Linea?

PS: I haven't decided on buying Linea yet, not until I get to TD the petrol version
Old 26th January 2009, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

See , the thing is. Stock System is okish . Not too good to boast about.
If the Hu doesn't come with preouts and you are ok with changing the integrated HU and loosing steering controls ( if that variant comes with one), you can change this.

Otherwise, i'll advice to change the speakers atleast. if nothing else.
There will an improvement if not too much. ( but noticable)
Old 26th January 2009, 20:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

buy the car first.. lol.
Old 26th January 2009, 20:33   #4
BANNED

First decide on the car.
Then book the car.
Then take delivery of the car.
Drive around for atleast 3 hours continuously while listening to music in the stock system. If you like it, keep it until you get bored and feels for an upgrade.
If you don't like it, come here and we'll bombard you with amazing options.

I was very much excited to see the first Linea on the ICE forum.
Old 26th January 2009, 20:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
i thought the same as the title is misleading in making us believe thread starter already has a Linea
Old 26th January 2009, 20:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ya. do as zak said.Thats the best thing.
Maybe you will never get bored and may never need to upgrade.

ZAK is always ready to confuse prospect ICE buyers
Old 26th January 2009, 22:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
First decide on the car.
Then book the car.
Then take delivery of the car.
Drive around for atleast 3 hours continuously while listening to music in the stock system. If you like it, keep it until you get bored and feels for an upgrade.
If you don't like it, come here and we'll bombard you with amazing options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
i thought the same as the title is misleading in making us believe thread starter already has a Linea
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Ya. do as zak said.Thats the best thing.
Maybe you will never get bored and may never need to upgrade.

ZAK is always ready to confuse prospect ICE buyers
Guys, I have booked Linea. The petrol version might take a week or more or more(blah) to be alloted. Also I might bail out if I'm not happy with the TD.

I had specifically asked if anyone has details about the Linea stock system. And since I didnt find any threads on a perfect upgrade for a Linea, I wanted to get your "expert" views and plan for one. Cos I know I will get lots of help in this section and it might take ages for me to decide on my dream ICE

Will I get your views only if I have a Linea parked in my garage? Thought this was "Ask the gurus" section.

Anyways, I will get back to you all very soon. Happy ICEin till then.
Old 27th January 2009, 08:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

We are all looking for the first guniea pig for the Linea. Jokes apart, I guess most of us don't have first hand experience with the ICE in Linea, hence the silence. Don't hinge your buying decision of the car based on the ICE. The ICE, if not to your liking, can be upgraded as desired.
I can assume the standard ICE will not be a high end one and you might need to upgrade based on your listening preferences. You can do it in stages, starting with the speakers, adding a sub and amp and changing the HU if desired.
I would suggest that when you go for a TD, get some details on the standard ICE - Stock speaker sizes, HU size (standard single DIN or double DIN), availability of preouts and how many etc. This will help to start the comments flow.
Old 27th January 2009, 23:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
We are all looking for the first guniea pig for the Linea. Jokes apart, I guess most of us don't have first hand experience with the ICE in Linea, hence the silence. Don't hinge your buying decision of the car based on the ICE. The ICE, if not to your liking, can be upgraded as desired.
----
This will help to start the comments flow.
Thank Dinu. I'm gonna try n get the first ICE'd Linea. I'm working on getting more details on the stock ICE, will keep you all postedcheers:.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:30   #10
BANNED

I don't know about others but I am not aware of the stock ICE conditions of Linea. Speaker sizes, positions, HU make, pre outs etc.. are still a mystery for me. And I don't think I'll be able to physically find out these things myself. Internet, especially team-bhp will be my source to know these. There'll be some here like me too.
So, the first Linea which comes for ICEing here will be eagerly looked forward to by many.
VJ! when you get the car, drop in here. We'll be so glad to see it getting ICEd.
Old 28th January 2009, 23:10   #11
BHPian

linea MJD stock ICE

well guys i happened to take a TD of the Fiat Linea Emotion Pack MJD in Bangalore last Saturday and was absolutely thrilled with it. The stock ICE is a blaunkpunt system with 4 speaker There is provision of adding rear (apart from front) tweeters too along with components if need be. The sales guy was awesome throughout and never really tried to sell the product (i should write a letter to FIAT recommending him) - one thing he was not sure of though regardign the number of preouts on the HU. But since its a Blaukpunt system i am sure anyone can use the HU to drive the rear speaker and get a amp to drive the front components and a sub.

The stock ICE is pretty good actually for high to mid range. Adding a quality amp and a sub I think will make a whole lot of difference.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:14   #12
BHPian

Hi buddies, am planning to ICE my Linea. However am in a bit of a quandary. Reason being am not even sure if the HU has an RCA/preamp out, so I don't know if an amp can be added. The HU manual is not in English so don't really know its specs, but I think the output is about 25x4. The speakers are all right at lower levels while playing CDs (don't judge the sound quality based on playing the radio) but distort badly when increased.
Old 11th April 2009, 02:14   #13
BHPian

@pranava999
So you have the car with you right

Did you have the HU serial number or something like that,which can be used to identify it?

Last edited by jithudigitised : 11th April 2009 at 02:19. Reason: Already started seperate thread ahh.Sorry didn't notice.
Old 11th April 2009, 04:09   #14
BHPian

AFAIK the Head Unit is a Blaupunkt system which is also being used in some Alfa Romeo and Lancia,the sound quality is pretty much aceptable by stock standards, but that's just about it. It's not comparable to the Stock ICE in the ANHC or Toyota.
Fiat Linea - to ICE or Not-blaupunkt.jpg
Last day I saw a Linea getting a 6X9 speaker installed on the rear door with a spacer,it was being powered by the stock HU, it was miles better than the stock speakers,but when the volume was turned up it started to distort badly due to the absence of an external amplifier.
Fiat Linea - to ICE or Not-0104_135541.jpg
Old 11th April 2009, 10:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Gave it a listen yesterday , it sure sounds horrible, as bad as probably the Skoda Fabia.
However the player is Blau, so if this one has a RC out then that will solve a lot of problems, or we will have to do things our way.

Car has very good interiors for it's price.

Most Viewed