Team-BHP - 3 amps, 4 tweters, 4 sub woofers, 2 12''s???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   3 amps, 4 tweters, 4 sub woofers, 2 12''s??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5255-3-amps-4-tweters-4-sub-woofers-2-12s.html)

well, i had most of my money spent on college, so wont be buying a sbk for some time now.
am lookin for a car within 1.5l when i come back to india.
i am a musician and music is my soul. i play to soup on the interiors of my cheap car. lol
ne ways wat i plan to bring with me is
1. four tweters and a 500w amps for them
2. Four two way speaker and a 900w amp for them, two rear and two
front
3. two 12'' 600w woofers and a 1600w amp for it
4. a mp3, cd and dvd player along with a 10cd changer
5. 3 lcd screens
i come back to india in a month. a lot of my friends have done this to their cars here in the states. is it possible to do this in india(on a cheap car!)
ne suggestions comments are welcome.

man you will have to stand 100 feet away from the car to hear it properly. for 1.5 you can buy a zen,800 or santro and that install in those cars god help you. also you will spend close to 3 lacs on a 1.5 lac car!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.J
1. four tweters and a 500w amps for them
2. Four two way speaker and a 900w amp for them, two rear and two
front
3. two 12'' 600w woofers and a 1600w amp for it
4. a mp3, cd and dvd player along with a 10cd changer
5. 3 lcd screens
i come back to india in a month. a lot of my friends have done this to their cars here in the states. is it possible to do this in india(on a cheap car!)
ne suggestions comments are welcome.

1. replace the tweeters and 2 way speakers with matched components. in my day ADS and MB Quart ruled. Today the rulers might be different. the philosophy however remains the same.

2. get a good HU and a changer that can manage the multiple formats this way when you are alone and want HQ sound you can use the HU and when you want the convienence of 10 disks you can use the changer. Eclipse (no repair center in india), Alpine, Nakamichi (CD only) are some that are considered good.

One can fit a stereo in any car. I have seen quite a few systems (including some done by college students in the US) that cost more than the car.

BTW please get amps that are rated "20-20kHz, 4ohms rms, per channel". A rating should read something like 30 W rms per channel both channels driven 20-20kHz with 12V nominal voltage and distortion at rated output < 0.01%". Even this rating does NOT guarantee a good sounding amp but it will atleast eliminate the lemons. An amp that is ALSO similarly rated to 2 ohms should be prefered. For the subs I would consider an amp that can deliver even more current. THere are many dedicated sub amps out there. Some of these can operate safely with a 1 ohm load too!

NJ, I would suggest (as many in the forum suggested to me, of course) you to go in for components in the front (via custom pods in the kickpanels) and if the budget permits, in the rear doors too. Components bring out the best imaging. Amplify these speakers and just go for a 2 way 6x9 pair in the rear shelf. Their role is just to 'fill', and you should be barely aware of their presence.

As for subs, depending of your music tastes, go in for sealed (tight bass), ported or bandpass (less tight, bit boomy).

As for screens, I guess they're a major distraction. Just my 2c.

Hope this helps.

Manti.

NJ, I would strongly suggest that before spending all that money on the sound set-up you should spend that money on increasing your budget for the car itself. Like Iceman said, there's no point in spending lacs on a 1.5 lac car. I am guessing you won't be keeping the 1.5 lac car for too long so is it really worth all the hassle? Plus it'd be next to impossible to have your kind of set-up on a Santro, Zen etc.

i would suggest that you go for a BIG car like Esteem, City, etc...
which has more space in it to Eco...ha ha ha..
in a zen, santro 1 Woffer would be enough...
if you put soooooooooooo many things in it. you will not enjoy the effects...
this is what i think...

HEY NJ : for 1.5l u can easily get a 98 - 99 model esteem(new shape).thats the best u can get in that amount.and as for the system,i can get what u actually want.u want that if u play sumthing at the volume of five,ur steering should vibrate like hell and bass banging ur head .well my friend,for that u dont need that much of useless stuff.just put two subs(pioneer 305 dvc) and a pair of speakers(pioneer 2150) on the rear tray and put two subs (same as above) in the trunk in an enclosure box.put 3 sony 504 amps(new ones) for the subs and a sony 502(new one ) for the speakers and ts20 tweeters.as far as the screens are concerned,go for necvox 5643, rs 7000 for 5.6 inches screen.THATS THE ULTIMATE SCREEN.and for the stereo thing,go for a pioneer mp3 system (ne one in higher range of about 15 grands or so) and put a pioneer mp3 vcd changer (havent seen a pioneer mp3 vcd changer but have seen it in kenwood n alpine so it must be in pioneer 2). this whole system will cost u around rs85 thousand to rs90 thousand.

thats it............ur gizmo car`s ready to rock the people dude.

NJ, just to make you feel better. when i was in college...a long time ago...i bought a used honda CVCC for $600 and had $700 worth of equipment in it so you see "smart" guys like me have done "this" too! :-)

Please feel free to buy what you feel you like. it is your money and your ears. however sites like crutchfiled.com and caraudio.com will help you refine your needs and wants. sincxe you are in the NJ area (assumed) visit a sound out competition and look for th HQ systems not the SPL systems. the SPL systems usually are just that.

guys really priciate the help.
@twister - "u want that if u play sumthing at the volume of five,ur steering should vibrate like hell and bass banging ur head" exactly wat i want, guys i'm goin to college, first yr at college, is'nt tat wat u guys wanted when u were at college???
well can't get more than 1.5l for car frm the states, thers a problem makin the money white. i worked my butt off to earn the money, all i ever wanted was a pimped up ride. i dont want to save ne money. plz try to understand, i'm 17!
i have plenty of hook ups here to get any of these amps, woofer, lcd's for dirt cheap. i'm not real rich, but since i am gettin em, y not soup up me a ride???
have one month, will let u know as i buy, have already brought the cd, dvd player, the 3 lcds, a radar detector, a gps.
help me out, wat next, i told u wat my plan was

and thanx guys really preshate it......

Mod: Abbreviated language prohibited. Warning level up. Read Forum Rules for posting.

gps? in india? save your money.

NJ
Save some money from your budget to hire a 24 hour security guard for your car ;-)
With all the stuff you plan to put in the car, it is going to be target number 1 for all the car thieves in town.. A car in the 1.5L bracket is not going to be the most secure one around..

Also, think about what this much sound is going to do to your windshields/windows. I have actually seen an Esteem windshield blown out when the souped up system was too loud with the windows rolled up.

hey dude...get a zen and soup it up...spend abt 5lacs and ur car will the the loudest in india...like the palio featured in autocar(april)

u dont need 5L for a loud car. and that palio was a demo car. i dont think it would win any competition in the US. it was just an example of what canbe done if one wants to do it.

i'm lost, what palio are you guys talking about?
how come u guys think its 5l
my cost as yet
99$ for radar detector
125$ for the cd player
100$ for the dvd player
close to 200$ for the 3dvd (they are a friends, so got it for free)
200$ for GPS plus software
thats close to 850$ incl taxes. thats not even 40,000Rs!
though, for me 40,000 is also a lot, but what else, i dont want to save it to buy me a house at 17, lol.

P.S though out of topic, why cant we use limited slang? no offense, but since its a international forum, cater for every one, where i live, theres we only talk in slang, and if u guys are u strict about it you do u even use small slangs as cd, say compact disk, lol. i mean no offense but i had to go back and erase a hundred times, cause i am so used to it.
plus, how many of u had problems reading the last post i had? i understand a lot is not gud, but if u can put ur point forward y not?

Hey dude ! nice music but I guess as everyone'e been tellin you, its gonna be too much, too loud, for a small car like a Zen or a Santro. Get yourself somethin "BIGGER", and then do all you wanna do...Even I love music man, but that kinda sound can drive anyone crazy...Have fun...!!! :D