Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 05:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Speakers for Pioneer 5050

Hi all I have recently got a ZEN and I had a Pioneer 5050 with me that was doing no Job. Now it has a Job that is going to be driving some sound in my Ride.

Actually when I bought the car all the speakers were gone and you could actually see through the speakers I mean the baffles were tore.

Now I am using desi home shelf speakers. BIRCO if anyone has heard of them.

As the ZEN has very less space in the rear I don’t want any rear speakers I am looking for something just for the front. I am on a tight budget.

I want something that does not crackle when the volume is cranked up.

Something that I has Good Low and mid range. (I am not a jhankar beat person though I would not mind a lil bit of it.)

I want something around 6" of speakers. Components would be great but I am not sure if anything would fit in 5000 Gandhies.

and good installation is important. Free one would be preferred.

I am in Delhi

Inputs from LBM and Gunbir would be appreciated
Old 3rd February 2009, 05:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

kaake,

gurgawan vich bull audio is available at 5.5k month or so back - autopsyche.

else JBL 608c is decent. You CAN push around for 4000 bucks without B/W. Fakes ho ki nahin - that I donno and can't judge.

How is the wiring inside? For now you may do without spending on wiring (else the wiring itself will cost you 3k if u go branded )
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hi all I have recently got a ZEN and I had a Pioneer 5050 with me that was doing no Job. Now it has a Job that is going to be driving some sound in my Ride.

Actually when I bought the car all the speakers were gone and you could actually see through the speakers I mean the baffles were tore.

Now I am using desi home shelf speakers. BIRCO if anyone has heard of them.

As the ZEN has very less space in the rear I don’t want any rear speakers I am looking for something just for the front. I am on a tight budget.

I want something that does not crackle when the volume is cranked up.

Something that I has Good Low and mid range. (I am not a jhankar beat person though I would not mind a lil bit of it.)

I want something around 6" of speakers. Components would be great but I am not sure if anything would fit in 5000 Gandhies.

and good installation is important. Free one would be preferred.

I am in Delhi

Inputs from LBM and Gunbir would be appreciated

You can go for the Hertz Deici Series 6" components which will cost you aroung 4500 to 4900 with Bill and warranty. I think the model number is DSK 165.
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

JBL 608c are for 4k without bill and warranty.
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hertz dieci? Any dealers? Esp in Delhi? I thought post Driven - no one sold them?
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Jbl will be a good option for you. You can look out for other options also.
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:47   #7
BHPian

I have observed that the Pio HU's get along well with JBL speakers. I will recommend gt5 series as they tend to be less brighter than the gto series. And thats what your requirement is.

EDIT: I'm not too sure about the newer line of gt5 series, the ones which start with "s".

Last edited by cyclops : 3rd February 2009 at 11:54.
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
I have observed that the Pio HU's get along well with JBL speakers. I will recommend gt5 series as they tend to be less brighter than the gto series. And thats what your requirement is.

EDIT: I'm not too sure about the newer line of gt5 series, the ones which start with "s".

I think it GT5 S650C components. It costs around 3-4k!
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot every one i have zeroed down to JBL would be going tomorrow to check it out
Old 4th February 2009, 23:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey all,

Change in plan, actually i went to GYRO today and was looking at the JBL's but they were out of my budget. so firstly opted for HERTZ. but did not really like the way they were going to be mounted.

at the end i ended up gettiing BULL audio Components.

they sound good and they look good aswell.

another question.i have a old sony explode 222 amp lying around some where.. would that do any good to this simple setup?
Old 5th February 2009, 10:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Amplification, even from a Sony amp that makes sense to be reused, would make the music sound better than without it. You will get a better dynamic range than the HU amp.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Change in plan, actually i went to GYRO today and was looking at the JBL's but they were out of my budget.
Congrats on your set-up.. please post some pics in this or your other thread. Yes, you can use the mighty 222 for any amplification as DerAlte rightly pointed out, it'll only add to the flavor!

BTW, are you comparing JBL 608 with B&W compared to Bull with B&W (price being your only factor)? In this case, did you consider JBL 608 without B&W that sells < 4K in karol bagh?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks