Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 00:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Why no Illusions in international markets?

I observe this brand of speakers being rated high in teambhp only. Why no Illusions in international markets? i dot find these in international market when i thought of getting those through a friend in USA. Are these made only in India?
Old 5th February 2009, 00:15   #2
BHPian

Frank has ordered Illusions from USA. So surely they are available.
Illusion Audio is a US based company.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

More or less answered in another thread. To the best of my questionable ability.. here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...they-made.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv
Frank has ordered Illusions from USA. So surely they are available.
Illusion Audio is a US based company.
Those do not count as "sold in the US". He has bought them off eBay. Not from an authorized reseller. I think they are from a lot manufactured in 2005 or thereabouts, though still brand new.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 5th February 2009 at 00:31.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

he has not declares the source of it and himself in some doubt regarding it. do you know any reputed sites who are llisting this speakers?
i am finding through google they are not produced in USA anymore but in India! so the quality is doubted by the international community
Old 5th February 2009, 00:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I observe this brand of speakers being rated high in teambhp only. Why no Illusions in international markets? i dot find these in international market when i thought of getting those through a friend in USA. Are these made only in India?
I AFAIK Illusion Audio was a US brand. Cary Christie II the original founder of Illusion Audio sold his shares to Indian based ownership.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest this thread should be locked to prevent another illusion controversey!!! Dosent matters,as India is also one of the top most product mfg. in the world...Peace
Old 5th February 2009, 00:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

So its afterall made in India & i am wasting time searching in international market. should anyways be better than (brands)made in china quality and durability wise. Will have to search for a long term report on this or a short abused report to see the life of it in long run.
Why cant they put that "Made in India" tag on it and be brave if quality is good i will prefer it than hunting around the world for vfm product.

Last edited by gigy : 5th February 2009 at 00:53.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:53   #8
BANNED

It's a very big misconception that Products made in India are all bad.
If the international community can accept all the softwares made by Indians, what keeps the speakers behind?
If there's any serious issue with these speakers, then it was understandable.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

The durability depends on the installation,if the installs are perfect feeding the power properly,with regular maintainence and cleaning and keeping it dust free the product will last till year's...personal experience
Old 5th February 2009, 01:00   #10
BHPian

I thought it was a known fact that illusion speakers are made in India.I knew that while buying my set of speakers and it did not hold me back one bit.
What does the country of origin have anything to do with the quality ?
Come to think of it, the cars illusions go into are made in India so its only fair that the speakers can be indian

Last edited by arpandiv : 5th February 2009 at 01:01.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Products Made in India need not be bad but corruption and cutting margins to maximize profits has always affected our country's reputation. Thats the sad truth. Even small things like dove shampoo, i get the imported stuff after trying out the Indian make just because it is not upto the original product mark. just keep the two packs side by side and anyone can make out the difference; still you pay high price. I didn't know their present origin, else would not have wasted a thread on this and my time searching for a good deal from international sites.
I have absolutely no problem in using Made in India.

Last edited by gigy : 5th February 2009 at 01:06.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I would suggest this thread should be locked to prevent another illusion controversey!!! Dosent matters,as India is also one of the top most product mfg. in the world...Peace
Quote:
So its afterall made in India & i am wasting time searching in international market. should anyways be better than (brands)made in china quality and durability wise. Will have to search for a long term report on this or a short abused report to see the life of it in long run.
Why cant they put that "Made in India" tag on it and be brave if quality is good i will prefer it than hunting around the world for vfm product.
Gigy its not like that. Products made is India are not bad. Our fav mobiles by Nokia are made in INDIA. Nokia is made in china too and if u compare it with Chinese mobiles its far far far far better.

It all depends upon QC.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Products Made in India need not be bad but corruption and cutting margins to maximize profits has always affected our country's reputation.
Thats a general statement made
And maximization of profit is something what every business must aim at !
I think you should check out a pair of these speakers before judging them on the fact that they are made in India.
And if the facilities of production are owned by the company itself then production standards must be high and QC would be strictly enforced.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen them yet but have to research before spending 7k. Do they carry "made in India" tag or its "designed and engineered in USA"?
Old 5th February 2009, 01:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not seen them yet but have to research before spending 7k. Do they carry "made in India" tag or its "designed and engineered in USA"?
might answer your question:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1003125we6.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed