Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 11:45   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Since price was your only factor, why didn't you consider JBL 608 < 4K grey?
Yes price was a big factor but he also made it clear that he doesn't like over accentuated high frequencies .

@desideep:If you can pm your email id,i can mail you the pics.

Last edited by hellspawn : 6th February 2009 at 11:51.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think Jbl 608 has control over that ? (I might be wrong)

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 6th February 2009 at 13:57.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Highs can be very well controlled through the crossover as well as HU.

..to quote Sam here.. he told that JBL 608s are made warmer sounding than their predecessors (607s) based on the feedback collected from various countries.

Edit: I dont think the user in question auditioned JBLs, so no question of relatively high or low "high frequencies".

Last edited by panky12345 : 6th February 2009 at 14:04.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

meh, the man has made his choice and he's happy with it. let him enjoy the music for at least a short while before we spread upgraditis to him
Old 6th February 2009, 14:29   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yup it does...0 db and -6db

Quote:
Highs can be very well controlled through the crossover as well as HU.

..to quote Sam here.. he told that JBL 608s are made warmer sounding than their predecessors (607s) based on the feedback collected from various countries.

Edit: I dont think the user in question auditioned JBLs, so no question of relatively high or low "high frequencies".
Well the user told me in particular that he doesnt like treble too much,hence one of the reasons why the jbls weren't recommended to him.

And as long as the user is happy,its alright since in the end its all about the music....You should channel your energies for something constructive!!
Old 6th February 2009, 14:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
And as long as the user is happy,its alright since in the end its all about the music....You should channel your energies for something constructive!!
Dude.. all I wanted to ask if price was the only factor, why not JBLs grey..much cheaper, better product! Whats with my energy levels?
Old 6th February 2009, 17:46   #22

Quote:
Dude.. all I wanted to ask if price was the only factor, why not JBLs grey..much cheaper, better product! Whats with my energy levels?
If you go through my earlier posts,i have mentioned that he didnt want speakers with too much emphasis on the highs.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

while the 608's are warmer than the 607, thats still relatively. the 607's were pretty bright to begin with!
I heard a 938, and yes, they did sound warmer than the 937, they still had that metallic sound - you wont get that from the bull's , even from their 6x9's
Old 6th February 2009, 21:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok lets all cool it.

Hey Panky. actually i did not go for any thing in Grey cause lately what ever i buy breaks. so i would better spend a lil more so that i can bugger some people and get things done for my self in case any thing breaks. say like in this case if the speakers break of develop a fault. HELLSPAWN would have a brand new friend the.. hehehe.

and yes i am VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE BULL HITTING MY ZEN
Old 7th February 2009, 10:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

very good desideep.. I'm happy that you are VERY VERY happy with your system. enjoy! :-)
Old 7th February 2009, 13:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

a. It is painfully evident that the decision making process wasn't perfect, and all possible options were not investigated - but so what? because...
b. Deep is HAPPY with his install, and we should respect that instead of suggesting things - and its clearly not in the usual positive spirit of upgraditis

So please chill..

That said, Deep bhai, if things you buy break, shouldn't you have bought a Unicorn than buy a bullet? (dons flame proof jacket and runs for cover!)
Old 7th February 2009, 13:35   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Ok lets all cool it.

Hey Panky. actually i did not go for any thing in Grey cause lately what ever i buy breaks. so i would better spend a lil more so that i can bugger some people and get things done for my self in case any thing breaks. say like in this case if the speakers break of develop a fault. HELLSPAWN would have a brand new friend the.. hehehe.

and yes i am VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE BULL HITTING MY ZEN
Though nothing should go wrong but yes,rest assured that if it does,GYRO will be there to take care of your problems.And i thought we already were friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

a. It is painfully evident that the decision making process wasn't perfect, and all possible options were not investigated - but so what? because...
b. Deep is HAPPY with his install, and we should respect that instead of suggesting things - and its clearly not in the usual positive spirit of upgraditis

So please chill..

That said, Deep bhai, if things you buy break, shouldn't you have bought a Unicorn than buy a bullet? (dons flame proof jacket and runs for cover!)
Newsflash:A person wearing a flame proof jacket was run over by a speeding bullet .
hellspawn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th February 2009, 22:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Though nothing should go wrong but yes,rest assured that if it does,GYRO will be there to take care of your problems.And i thought we already were friends

Newsflash:A person wearing a flame proof jacket was run over by a speeding bullet .
hehehe we are but beleive me then you will have another one thats why i said "Brand new"

any ways. reached bathinda today. every one who heard the setup was really impressed specially. i may have to pick up couple of more sets for Bathinda.

PHAMILLY MAN see lets not get into bullet cause if you hear my bullet story you will pay me to stop and move ahead and throw the bullet down the ditch.
and also BUllet alreay has a tendancy to break so it lives up to my expectation. if i would have had the UNI then i would have been disapointed by my self. though i do have a RX100 that has been converted into a 135 5s that runns like a dream and rips like you put some petrol on a doogs back side (you will have to try this one, i know because i was a naughty and a cruel child). and my CBZ is still in runnin even after 10 months of the ownership. but this is another story for another time.

g
Old 8th February 2009, 22:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

actually thats true the investigation or say i did not act like a proper Baniya before i bought this, at the end of the day i am DESI DEEP with desi way of thinking. if i would have auditioned some of the speakers i would have been to confused ending up with a botal of desi and then making a very Desi decesion of get some Desi speakers. :P
Old 12th February 2009, 23:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man on getting BULLed. What other equipment do you have in car ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks