Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 02:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Even i wanna know the price. Anyone know the price of DEX-P90RS ?
In Uk it cost round 800pounds. But I suppose its suppose to be used in conjunction with DEQ-P90 which cost anther 350pounds or so. That's some serious pricing.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
In Uk it cost round 800pounds. But I suppose its suppose to be used in conjunction with DEQ-P90 which cost anther 350pounds or so. That's some serious pricing.
Well the P90RS is a serious kit but that's decent money for what you get! And if you really need to put that into perspective, check out the ODR series pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Hey Gunbir, which one due to think is better spec and would be higher tech qualities between p880 and p80RSII? Any idea about the cost of both? Now since you have done many comparing test can you tell which one would be better in SQ to listen between Alpine 9887 and P80RSII? What I learnt is 9887 would make complete sense and will its give full potential if used with KTX-100EQ imprint.. How true is that?
Re the P880 Vs P80RSII, I'm inclined to believe they are the same unit, except for the badging and the copper chassis. But we can't really tell until we get them both on the test bench.

Re the 9887: It's a nice HU that works well (sonically) for many setups, sometimes better than others. The 9887 has a tendency to bump up the midbass and upper midrange, leading to it being perceived as a better sounding unit than others. Especially so in a setup that may have been lacking in those areas. The P80RSII on the other hand, sounds more "musical" and relaxed. Again, in a setup that may already be laid back, this may lead to a dull, rounded presentation. Either of these units may work for you. The best way would be to try them in your system and then decide which works better for YOU.

Re the Imprint tuning kit: No. You don't really need it if you know what you're doing. On the other hand, if you have no clue about tuning your system, it can provide at times a better sound. Note I said, at times... the results may not always be to your taste and you just might end up un-doing the automatic setup.

Last edited by gunbir : 24th February 2009 at 03:00.
Old 25th February 2009, 01:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
Which the 9887 or the compos
9887=19500+VAT
17s = 1050/-
D1
Correction
Alpine R-type 17S = 10500/-
Old 25th February 2009, 23:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Even i wanna know the price. Anyone know the price of DEX-P90RS ?
I wud call the P90 as "The Thing" costs between 80k-100k(appx exact fig may vary) including the DEQ-P9 preamp eq and then .....its a whole different story..morning glory. Now with this kinda HU u need high end stuff and components.The cost of the entire setup escalates and so does the fidelity. 4 Preamp goldplated outputs, 31band eq, network mode plus more n more features that an audiophile can think of...and an awesome remote...I wish,i cud go there
Old 26th February 2009, 00:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wud call the P90 as "The Thing" costs between 80k-100k(appx exact fig may vary) including the DEQ-P9 preamp eq and then .....its a whole different story..morning glory. Now with this kinda HU u need high end stuff and components.The cost of the entire setup escalates and so does the fidelity. 4 Preamp goldplated outputs, 31band eq, network mode plus more n more features that an audiophile can think of...and an awesome remote...I wish,i cud go there
lol if its worth 80K i would rather go for HX-D2 / Kenwood K-CD01. I know P90 will be a better unit have loads of features but i don't want an HU that's equal to the cost of my car

D1 I will give you a call tomorrow if we are able to arrange a mini get together meet.

Last edited by abhibh : 26th February 2009 at 00:29.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:42   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Re the 9887: It's a nice HU that works well (sonically) for many setups, sometimes better than others. The 9887 has a tendency to bump up the midbass and upper midrange, leading to it being perceived as a better sounding unit than others. Especially so in a setup that may have been lacking in those areas. The P80RSII on the other hand, sounds more "musical" and relaxed. Again, in a setup that may already be laid back, this may lead to a dull, rounded presentation. Either of these units may work for you. The best way would be to try them in your system and then decide which works better for YOU.
X2. Having used both HUs for a decent period of time in my car, I'd have to agree completely with the above comparision. Eventually I found the P80 to better suit my listening taste and complement the rest of my equipment.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You forgot a major one TA. I would love to have this HU, and one day I would surely install it in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
X2. Having used both HUs for a decent period of time in my car, I'd have to agree completely with the above comparision. Eventually I found the P80 to better suit my listening taste and complement the rest of my equipment.
Hmmm rightly said, know a few friends who also removed there 9887 for something which suited to there tastes better.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th February 2009 at 12:28.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:46   #83
BHPian

guys, anyone who is using the PRS D400F amp?
Need a user response on the kinda performance this amp delivers.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:34   #84
BHPian

the amp is PRS D4000F 75w*4 but it has s/n ratio of 80db where as the newer models 4200f has s/n 100db. which one is better guys. all the other specs are kinda same.
Old 27th February 2009, 02:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
the amp is PRS D4000F 75w*4 but it has s/n ratio of 80db where as the newer models 4200f has s/n 100db. which one is better guys. all the other specs are kinda same.
4200f also has same SNR 80DB.

Just had a small audition of D1ISTHE1 system and i must say it sounds sweet. Still needs TA and some tuning but still it was very nice. Good warm sounding. Anyone who likes rock music will appreciate both ID and Alpine for what they put up. Detail audition is still pending.

From what i could make out D1ISTHE1 listens to music smooth but bright that's why he is using Alpine Type R in front and ID in rear. If it was me i would shift ID in front and install the tweets in the rear door pads after analysing the sound stage.

Last edited by abhibh : 27th February 2009 at 02:52.
Old 27th February 2009, 08:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

SNR is measured in dB. It is the ratio of actual signal to noise. Just remember that for every 3dB, this ratio is doubled. To put that into perspective, let's say your volume is currently measured at 80dB. You turn it up and now its at 83dB. Your output just doubled. Turn it up to 86dB? Doubled again - quadrupled from 80dB. Like this, the difference between an 80dB SNR and 100dB is monumental.
Old 27th February 2009, 09:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
SNR is measured in dB. It is the ratio of actual signal to noise. Just remember that for every 3dB, this ratio is doubled. To put that into perspective, let's say your volume is currently measured at 80dB. You turn it up and now its at 83dB. Your output just doubled. Turn it up to 86dB? Doubled again - quadrupled from 80dB. Like this, the difference between an 80dB SNR and 100dB is monumental.
Somehow on paper this DOES sound monumental. But practicaly it doesn't make much of a difference in day to day listening unless you like pushing your system to its upper limits everytime. I had a jbl 75.4 with an eighty odd snr and my present amp, the ground zero has a higher snr but there was never any hissing or noise in the jbl and there is no noise in the gz too, at the volumes i listen to my music. Somehow i've grown to ignore numbers and make buying of equipment a listen and buy experience.

Last edited by frankmehta : 27th February 2009 at 09:37.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

I never claimed I can hear the difference between two amps with those noise figures because the number of amps I've auditioned number under 5. I know that I can hear the difference between two sources with those kind of figures however. And the difference is like night and day.

Provided the SNR numbers for the higher specced amp isn't overstated, the difference is audible to even the most novice enthusiast. 100+ dB SNR isn't easily achieved.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

Can you tell us which quality of the music will change if the snr ratio is higher, hence better in a particular amp? Asking because i have no idea what part of the music emanating from the speakers would improve. Bass, treble, noise, crispness, etc?
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:47   #90
BHPian

Man , what a setup ;D
Can i meet u as i want to buy some sweet sounding components and the two you are using are on my list ;p .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks