Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 01:59   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Man , what a setup ;D
Can i meet u as i want to buy some sweet sounding components and the two you are using are on my list ;p .
If you mean the setup for the Swiift... Sure anytime..
D1
Old 17th March 2009, 00:00   #92
BHPian

All the speakers have been moved to the outside of the door pannel.
'gattyaan di ta jindaagii ban gayee ...jidaaagiii!!!
significant change in the sound stage. But the ID compos are miles behind the Alpine R-type... i must say installing the alpines in the front was a right call.
Will be changing these ID with the same R-type soon. Meanwhile the P80RSII has arrived.
Will surely update with pics on that.
D1
Old 17th March 2009, 09:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
But the ID compos are miles behind the Alpine R-type..D1
Why did you say that? IDs are mid oriented or what??
Old 17th March 2009, 13:47   #94
BHPian

the IDs are average sounding compared to the alpine type r. the id tweeters are harsh as compared to the alpines. this specific model of ids are just overhyped normal speakers ,they do the job but dont excel at anything.
Old 17th March 2009, 13:54   #95
Senior - BHPian

can you please tell us the model # for the same?,there could be many reason for this from which amps were they running through
Old 17th March 2009, 14:38   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
can you please tell us the model # for the same?,there could be many reason for this from which amps were they running through
ID CTX entry level. Amp is JBL 6 Channel 755.6.

I have auditioned the car 2 times. Earlier everything was blending perfectly, but now yes the ID's are lacking something. I don't know why. I still consider them a safe bet under 20K components.

Also everyone have different tastes.

Last edited by abhibh : 17th March 2009 at 14:40.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:05   #97
BANNED

Something is wrong with your speakers or the way it is setup.
Even the positioning and the fader controls have a big role to play.

Normal? Yes! (Decent sounding).
But, They are definitely not OVERHYPED normal speakers.
Old 17th March 2009, 21:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Something is wrong with your speakers or the way it is setup.
Even the positioning and the fader controls have a big role to play.

Normal? Yes! (Decent sounding).
But, They are definitely not OVERHYPED normal speakers.
It is not necessary. He might not the sound so why pressing him to change his opinion . Same ways you do not like the Pioneer P-80 also no one is forcing you to like it...

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 17th March 2009 at 21:54.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

Zak D1 has different listening tastes. He likes my Rainbow more than ID. Where as i like ID more than my Rainbows. The day I first met D1 i advised him to change the AMP and he totally agrees that AMP is the weakest link in his setup.

ID tweet might be a bit louder (compared to some other tweets in same price range) and a bit brighter (for some people) but they are not at all harsh. The reason why I prefer ID tweet is because i previously liked the OLD Hertz Energy Metal Dome tweet and ID tweet reminds me of Hertz Energy.

I was going for ID but mounting depth was a problem and Rainbow was the next best bet to it, plus with rainbows i got the sweetest midbass ever!

Last edited by abhibh : 17th March 2009 at 22:22.
Old 18th March 2009, 09:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
ID tweet might be a bit louder (compared to some other tweets in same price range) and a bit brighter (for some people) but they are not at all harsh.
Yup, same like JBL..
Old 18th March 2009, 11:34   #101
BHPian

JBLS are pretty harsh IMO at least the ones ive heard. ID's cannot be compared to JBL .
Old 9th November 2009, 13:39   #102
BHPian

which audio system is good enough for the Swift?

Recently i was faced with the difficult decision of fitting an audio system on the new car that i drive-a Swift VDi(manufacturer does not provide an audio system)
after quite a bit of suggestions advices and offers this is what i fitted.

1. PIONEER 4190 DVH head unit(1 DIN). a decent output in terms of sound quality but the 52Wx4 output is not enough to power all the speakers.the remote unit is a pain to operate and needs some time to get accustomed to.alternative choice can be a SONY or JVC unit.

2. Hertz Energy Series component speakers on all 4 doors(260W). i chose these over Alpine(240W) because of the Rs.2000/-price difference. the Hertz has excellent sound splitters and a decent audio clarity. only drawback was the tweeters are in one fixed position.(the Alpine tweeters can be rotated to any directions within their sockets).

3. POLK DB series 12" sub woofer(1300W) with a box(so that i can detach, when i have luggage)
this sub was a revelation of sorts becasue there was absolutely no sound jarring even at full volume, that was found in similar JBL ,Sony or Kenwood SUBS.

4. Kenwood 500W 4 channel Amplifier for the door speakers. this was enough to provide the necessary power output for the door speakers so i didnt aim higher.
5. Sony Xplod monoblock AMP for the Sub woofer.i should have gone for a Hertz amp which had an equalizer as well(cheaper by Rs.2500/-)but there was no stock then.
6. Necvox 9" roof LCD monitor. a waste at this point of time.but maybe when i go to some boring picnics i can probably watch a movie on it, i guess!
the whole thing set me back by Rs.76000/-(including CALIBER RC cable kit and installation)but the sound is awesome. in my opinion,the fitment really matters and Jani of SOUNDWORKS did the installation while the material was supplied by HAUTE CAR ZONE.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I don't know why this happens all the time. I was on the look out for a highend headunit and was considering either the Eclipse MKII, Alpine 9887 or Clarion. Now after D1s review on the 9887, I am back to square one!! :-( Especially the fact that the Alpine costs a whooping 20k & Pioneer just 14k.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

See all have different taste this does not means if D1 likes it or not you will like it so don't go just by the reviews auditioned it personally and then decide.

The prices had changed the alpine sells for 20k and the pioneer p80rSII for 22k, The price for Eclipse in India with B&W is close to 45k, LOL.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
See all have different taste this does not means if D1 likes it or not you will like it so don't go just by the reviews auditioned it personally and then decide.

The prices had changed the alpine sells for 20k and the pioneer p80rSII for 22k, The price for Eclipse in India with B&W is close to 45k, LOL.
Is the P80RSII available in Mumbai/India? Ive heard it hard to get. I am actually looking out for a highend headunit with TA & full iPod control without an external adapter. Where did you source yours from?

Most Viewed