Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 22:00   #46
nitin.dangayach

Looks awesome ! Very nicely installed.

Old 13th October 2010, 00:28   #47
BHPian

Hi All

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I also got a similar setup installed in my Honda City Gxi (NHC) today. The setup consists of :-

HU - Kenwood KDC X7016
Amp - Kenwood KAC-8404
Front Comps - Bull Audio CS650.75
Sub - Bull Audio SW-12 (in a custom ported enclosure)
(Rear Speakers - Stock OEM ones)
Wiring Kit - Scosche

The install was done at Driven.

While i am satisfied by the quality of install, the tuning has somehow left me longing for better (i did not have the good-fortune to get my humble setup tuned by the resident guru Gunbir ji, as he is out of station).

Being a newbie that i am with advanced ICE settings and tweaks (mind you - i managed with the stock ice setup for 6 years ) i am afraid to tinker with the amp settings (gain,hpf,lpf et al) but would really like to find out the best settings for my setup (i read up about the same on t-bhp and elsewhere, getting myself confused even more).

So my question to the gurus is - how do i go about tinkering with the above setup (i'd really not like to bother Gunbir ji just for tuning a humble setup like mine).

Thanks guys - in advance, in the meanwhile, i'm off to more reading and exploring the realm of ICE settings!
Old 13th October 2010, 05:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Hi All

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I also got a similar setup installed in my Honda City Gxi (NHC) today. The setup consists of :-

HU - Kenwood KDC X7016
Amp - Kenwood KAC-8404
Front Comps - Bull Audio CS650.75
Sub - Bull Audio SW-12 (in a custom ported enclosure)
(Rear Speakers - Stock OEM ones)
Wiring Kit - Scosche

The install was done at Driven.

While i am satisfied by the quality of install, the tuning has somehow left me longing for better (i did not have the good-fortune to get my humble setup tuned by the resident guru Gunbir ji, as he is out of station).

Being a newbie that i am with advanced ICE settings and tweaks (mind you - i managed with the stock ice setup for 6 years ) i am afraid to tinker with the amp settings (gain,hpf,lpf et al) but would really like to find out the best settings for my setup (i read up about the same on t-bhp and elsewhere, getting myself confused even more).

So my question to the gurus is - how do i go about tinkering with the above setup (i'd really not like to bother Gunbir ji just for tuning a humble setup like mine).

Thanks guys - in advance, in the meanwhile, i'm off to more reading and exploring the realm of ICE settings!
So still getting that Treble/Bright sound??
Old 13th October 2010, 08:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
So still getting that Treble/Bright sound??
Yes, inspite of setting the treble down to minimum... Infact, after some of the tweaking done by a helpful brother (not you ofc) last evening, now the bass also seems to be a bit more boomier than punchy (it was sounding much better while u sat in the car - bass was perfect, only treble was on the higher side). My only concern is whether the gains have been set at an optimal point (if theres such a setting?) or not. Will experiment with HU settings a bit and update.
Old 13th October 2010, 13:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, inspite of setting the treble down to minimum... Infact, after some of the tweaking done by a helpful brother (not you ofc) last evening, now the bass also seems to be a bit more boomier than punchy (it was sounding much better while u sat in the car - bass was perfect, only treble was on the higher side). My only concern is whether the gains have been set at an optimal point (if theres such a setting?) or not. Will experiment with HU settings a bit and update.
Considering the equipment you have i would suggest turning up the HU volume at 26-27 set the gains for components at 11 on the gain knob amp and sub at 12 position.

HPF for components at 80 and LPF for sub @ 80. Also check the tweeter attenuation level on the xover is set to soft and not loud.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Considering the equipment you have i would suggest turning up the HU volume at 26-27 set the gains for components at 11 on the gain knob amp and sub at 12 position.

HPF for components at 80 and LPF for sub @ 80. Also check the tweeter attenuation level on the xover is set to soft and not loud.
Thanks Abhi for precise tip(s) .

Made a quick trip to the parking and checked out AMP settings. HPF & LPF switches for compos and sub respectively were OFF - set the comps to HPF and sub to LPF positions and set filter dials @ ~80 as you suggested.

Have also set the sensitivity (gain) dials for comps at 11-o-clock position and 12-o-clock for sub. Tweeter attenuation on the XOs is set to soft.

Also found the Bass boost switch in the amp to be ON, turned it off.

Turned off all the HU eq. settings to 0 and had a quick listen, the treble seems to have subsided a bit and bass sounds tighter.. not really sure as lunchtime got over and couldn't try out different songs .

Last edited by Puneet.S : 13th October 2010 at 15:52.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

You can set the HPF and LPF via HU. Press the audio know > detailed settings > speaker type > front and set the HPF to 80 from there. Same for Sub and rear speakers.

Quote:
Thanks Abhi for precise tip(s) .

Made a quick trip to the parking and checked out AMP settings. HPF & LPF switches for compos and sub respectively were OFF - set the comps to HPF and sub to LPF positions and set filter dials @ ~80 as you suggested.

Have also set the sensitivity (gain) dials for comps at 11-o-clock position and 12-o-clock for sub. Tweeter attenuation on the XOs is set to soft.

Also found the Bass boost switch in the amp to be ON, turned it off.

Turned off all the HU eq. settings to 0 and had a quick listen, the treble seems to have subsided a bit and bass sounds tighter.. not really sure as lunchtime got over and couldn't try out different songs .
Old 14th October 2010, 04:50   #53
BHPian

The Crossover is set to Soft for tweeters
Old 14th October 2010, 16:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:
You can set the HPF and LPF via HU. Press the audio know > detailed settings > speaker type > front and set the HPF to 80 from there. Same for Sub and rear speakers.
Incidentally those values were already set to 80 in the HU when i checked. The overall sound seems to be much more balanced after the settings you suggested . Thanks again for the help.

Will visit Driven again though in order to rectify a few loose ends and fit a subwoofer grille.
Old 15th October 2010, 22:38   #55
BHPian

Another issue?

Visited Driven today and got the woofer grille fixed.

On Mr. Rana's advise, turned the HPF & LPF switches on the AMP to OFF position (as he said that HPF/LPF are already being controlled by HU x-over settings).

Afterwards, while trying to adjust some HU settings, I found out that the Subwoofer works when the Balance is set to either LEFT or center positions but not when the balance is set to RIGHT! Is this normal? Please advice..
Old 16th October 2010, 02:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited Driven today and got the woofer grille fixed.

On Mr. Rana's advise, turned the HPF & LPF switches on the AMP to OFF position (as he said that HPF/LPF are already being controlled by HU x-over settings).

Afterwards, while trying to adjust some HU settings, I found out that the Subwoofer works when the Balance is set to either LEFT or center positions but not when the balance is set to RIGHT! Is this normal? Please advice..
Yes please use the HPF LPF settings from the HU than the amp.

Regarding balance thing its not at all right. Get it checked ASAP!
Old 16th October 2010, 13:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please use the HPF LPF settings from the HU than the amp.

Regarding balance thing its not at all right. Get it checked ASAP!
Got it checked, wiring seems to be okay, but the stereo/mono switch (for the channel which subwoofer is connected to) on the AMP was set to mono, setting it to stereo seems to have resolved the L/R balance problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks