Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 19:21   #46
BHPian

superb effort nitin! Really admire you for going the DIY way! Enjoy your sound!

PS: Why didn't you put the amp under the front seat?
Old 26th February 2009, 19:26   #47
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
superb effort nitin! Really admire you for going the DIY way! Enjoy your sound!

PS: Why didn't you put the amp under the front seat?
Thanks man.

Well I had long wires with me and again its a good idea to isolate that thing in the boot. So put it in the boot.

Old 13th March 2009, 18:46   #48
nitin.dangayach

Well after spending few good weeks with my new setup, I just wanted to share how good I am feeling now.

I am so so happy that I didnt go for JBL and sticked to the LAID BACK Kenwood. Actually, I just wonder if people consider this Kenny as laid back, what will JBL be like.

To sum up the experience, its nothing breath-taking, just a feeling of bliss. The sound feels so more full, so lively. The polks are no doubt great speakers. I am just discovering their true potential.

I just ripped few of my FLACs into 320CBR and popped them into the HU. I just cant explain how good they sound. I just feel like getting stuck up in a jam, all the time.

The strings feel exceptionally realistic. Heard Hotel Californis - live like 100 times and still not satiated. The vocals are little "Not so Perfect", for the fronts are still 4 inchers, but in no way they are lagging behind.

The bass has become now more subtle. A sub is definitely required to get the complete picture painted. Still I am more than happy with the kind of thump those 6x9 inchers pump.

I am so glad that I have done it all on my own and haven't spent a bomb on the setup. Again I am sure this one will serve me till I upgrade my car (at least 3-4 yrs) and I do not need to spend any more on the ICE upgrade.

Last edited by nitin.dangayach : 13th March 2009 at 18:49.

Old 15th March 2009, 17:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

So finally you are finding extra ordinary things about the transistor amp

If you ever get a chance try a JBL or Blau amp. You will know the difference.

SumitBahl might be the best guy to tell you the difference. He is using JBL power series in 2 cars and 1 is powered by 8401 and other by MKII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
I am so glad that I have done it all on my own and haven't spent a bomb on the setup. Again I am sure this one will serve me till I upgrade my car (at least 3-4 yrs) and I do not need to spend any more on the ICE upgrade.
This is never happen. You posted this in the wrong section buddy. We need to atleast put in a sub in a sealed enclosure.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:46   #50
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
So finally you are finding extra ordinary things about the transistor amp.
Hey I never said its a bad amplifier, otherwise would have never waited for it for so long. It is killer, I knew this and have seen it now

Quote:
SumitBahl might be the best guy to tell you the difference. He is using JBL power series in 2 cars and 1 is powered by 8401 and other by MKII.
This name seems familiar/ Is he from Chandigarh ?

Quote:
This is never happen. You posted this in the wrong section buddy. We need to atleast put in a sub in a sealed enclosure.
Honestly, It never happens :P

I have already listed my HU in the FS section. Itching to get a Double DIN HU, for the love of touchscreen.

Old 17th March 2009, 01:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

well done nitin, sabaash, another joining the league of us new DIYers!!!.

congrats on the setup now learn to tune to play the tunes in the way you prefer you tunes he he h eh ehe he ha ha ha ha...

now LBM Paaji please tell us about the hydraulic device you have, does it have a brand or a website we can order it from?

whats the name of the device, i mean in the general/layman terms so that we can ask for device with the same name at our local tool shops. I need one for sure for all my DIY projects.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:11   #52
BHPian

Need Suggestions to crimp the power cable,Bought Pin shape and Rig shape for the battery,fuse and amp connections. The wire is 35sq mm.Same is the thimbel size.Should the wire and cable be solder or crimped? I have checked few electric shops, none of them had crimping tool to fix the thimbel.I don't want to make loose connections.
@CHD/Moh local forum member:-Any idea where crimping can be done, and get the thimbels fixed?
Old 10th March 2010, 18:59   #53
BHPian

Gurus, I need some advice on wiring a component set from a 2-channel amp.
The components come with separate crossover networks for the tweeters and the mid-bass drivers.

I was thinking to connect the speaker wires from the amp output to the mid-bass crossover input and then connect the tweeter crossover input to the mid-bass crossover input. Will that be a correct way? An illustrative example would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks