Team-BHP - Speaker question
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Speaker question (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/5381-speaker-question.html)

It was a rainy evening in November and in one bout of stupidity, I decided to get 6.5 inch rear speakers instead of the customary ovals. Wanted to fit the speakers in the existing mounts and hence the choice. The car is a Xing and the speakers are Blaupunkt TSx 662 (50 W RMS). The sound is crystal but the bass is lacking. After hearing 6x9 blaupunkts in my dad's car (should learn from your parents!) I have now decided to do something about the sound. what options do I have? One is to spend some serious dough and get an amp and a sub but I am looking for a cost effective solution here. Can the speakers be sold at a decent price?

try to go in for a buy back and pick up the blaupunkts normally he should take it back at a slightly lower price and give yuo what you like.
else put in a tube.

i would add a bass tube. reasle on electronics is not great.

Bass tube also requires an amplifier, right ? Plus JBL bass tube is around 6-7k......isn't it ?

A JBL setup on lines of what Ajmat got would cost around 16-17 K and would kill my boot space.... hence not practical. How is the performance of a rear shelf mounted sub in a hatch?

a good bass tube comes with a built in amplifier and ranges from 12k-22k dependnig on brand and output. you get some really smallones which are not more than 1 foot cube

I can probably get a Sony sub + amp for around 8-9K. This way it should be within 10K with installation. How would it compare to a basic bass tube with amp?

is it a sealed sub? in GENERAL. sealed subs will offer better defined bass while free air subs will offer you more quantity of bass (for the same budget). u can pick yor poison.

a sealed sub is better at higher frequencies while a bass tube is excellent for low requencies...

Checked with the TMC Electronics guy yesterday and he has Alpine 690A (Rs. 4650), JBL GTO (Rs. 4750) and Blaupunkt ovals (Rs. 3900/4750) available. He offered a 2% discount for a cash purchase... Can I get a better discount elsewhere? He initially refused the exchange thing but then reluctantly said he'd give 1K for the old speakers which IMO is too less considering the fact that the MRP of these speakers is Rs 3500. I got the existing speakers at Advaith Hyundai and he gave me a 5% discount. Don't want to go to him again as he doesn't have all the options and cribs a lot when it comes to putting in different speakers and listening to them. Any place that I can go to in order to get variety and a decent resale?

i think you are stuck. see post 3.

go in for active subwoofers.. they don't need an amplifier. . costs between 5000 - 6000

Thought would update the thread...... well just so happened that I popped a new CD into the stereo that had some real nicely encoded mp3s (all VBR). The rear left speaker didn't like it and starting showing sign of strain.....In a couple of days there was an easily audible distortion. Went to the dealer and he offered to replace the speakers (the joys of warranty!). Paid 2K more (dif + parcel tray) and and am enjoying the Alpine 690As in my car now!!! Talk about luck :-)

yeah the 690 are nice. great VFM.